Welcome to Dating Sites Reviews

jerked around

Anonymous
I hope that anyone that reads this goes to POF's date site.

It is

plentyoffish.com

You don't have to register to view the forums and they have about 20 sub forums like dating over 45, single parents, etc.

I have NEVER seen such a bunch of crazy sh@t in my life.

If you post a comment or question, on of Marcus Fink (or whaterver his last name is) infamous moderators will most likely delete it unless you are a woman or a male lapdog to the women.

Guys with any balls are shown no respect. Women think they rule the world yet complain they can't find dates.

The site is so full of angry, bitter women i feel sick when i have bothered to look at these forums.

I have kept hoping I might find some real information on the war of the sexs but there is so much negativity and hypocrasy, there is no way to find anything useful unless you have an iron stomach.

So if you really want to see true insanity on a date site, go to plenty of fish.

The site is run by a Nazi who thinks you have to be 'worthy' to be date.

This asshole thinks is a dating God.

And yet i see so many people say they have never found anyone that will go on a date.

I don't mind people that can back up what they say but all this Fink guy wants is absense money. He live in Canada, looks like a ddork, and claims to now have the largest dating site in the world.

One man wrote he had been on the site for two YEARS and no one was intersted.

And then thee are the men that complain the women only want sex. If this is not BS, i don't know what is.

I would love to go one a date and the woman says why don't you come on over and we skip dinner and get down to buisness.

Enter this site at your own risk.

-CN-

Anonymous
Don't sound like the most friendly of message boards, I never have tried plenty of fish. I just visited it and it doesn't really look that good. Of course that is my first impression Mr. Green

j

Anonymous
I haven't had a real bad experience on plenty of fish yet. just the usual annoying stuff.. I don't know what you're looking for.. but I haven't had any trouble with the moderator or finding interested people.. as far as certain women only wanting sex..you are correct.. I am looking for a serious relationship and that's hard to find a woman who wants that these days.. and there are a LOT of female game players who are bitter and angry and don't know what they want.. as far as the men.. they don't even bother reading my profile they just see my face pic and start trying to chat me up even though I say i'm not interested in men.

and yes, i'm a woman

Canadian eh? free sites are not that good

Anonymous
Quote by: jerked around

I hope that anyone that reads this goes to POF's date site.

It is

plentyoffish.com

You don't have to register to view the forums and they have about 20 sub forums like dating over 45, single parents, etc.

I have NEVER seen such a bunch of crazy sh@t in my life.

So if you really want to see true insanity on a date site, go to plenty of fish.

Enter this site at your own risk.

What do you expect for free...seriously. Do you think this Marcus guy got in the business to help singles find one another? It was a programming project, he does not moderate the forums cause he is too busy making money from the advertisers who are buying space on his website. That forum is nuts, I feel so bad for those people when you think there are much better places to go to for dating sites. Canadian sites that do not have the boasting power that he has but are a heck of a lot better. Do a search on Google for Singles in Canada or single Canadians and you will find some great sites.

Grr

Anonymous
angry
Just got a three-year ban on POF for the first forum infraction. What did I do? I told the truth. In the computer forum some user was complaining that when he uploaded his avatar to the site it seemed blurry. (In other words, the site converted his graphic in such a way that it lost resolution and was now blurry as a result.)

What did their admin suggest as the solution? "Upgrade" their browser to Firefox and the problem will go away. Really. That's what this numbnuts actually wrote. Reviewing post after post this same admin ("Ticketoride"Wink often tries to bully people into changing browsers for every lame reason you can think of!

So I simply posted that this was bogus advice and a waste of the user's time. That's it. Three-year ban on posting on the forums. Here's the email I just sent to tech support on there but the odds are good that it's this same peon guy (who isn't the owner of the site).

----------------------------------------
Hi. It looks like you have a problem with one of your admins, specifically Ticketoride. In the computer forum he routinely tells users to "upgrade" their browser to Firefox over the most trivial things.

In this latest go-round, he suggested to a user who was complaining of a blurry avatar that they change browsers to Firefox and the problem would go away. This is bogus advice and I posted this on the thread, only to promptly get banned now from posting on the forums.

There are numerous threads where users have indicated that the ads freeze their Firefox browsers--why on Earth would you then recommend that people change to *this* browser? It makes no sense.
----------------------------------------

Marty

Anonymous
And the people who run online dating sites have the nerve to wonder why their business is in decline with no way to stop the losses. Well DUH!!!

POF_LOSER_USER

Anonymous
POF is just a play site. Most people consider it little more than a sex site. Mostly what you have is a small pool of people taking turns "dating" each other. Women on the site are mostly looking for the guy a few notches above them. I'm sure for guys who enter the site thinking it's a dating site it can be quite frustrating. However, if you focus on women a few notches below yourself you can play there with quite some time. If you're looking for a reasonably equal match, you're wasting your time. It's a play site ... play. It's a fantasy land where BS is king.

And yes, quite a few women there are just looking for sex, except they need it wrapped in a pretty bow.

Mike

Anonymous
One of the worst POF horror stories you will ever hear...

Hey guys. My profile on POF was being edited mysteriously. Phrases like 'I car and 2.5 children is not my idea of happieness' were changed. Car became Van. Trivial.. but annoying. I kept changing this things back, petty changes clearly made by someone abusing moderator or admin power. Perhaps someone hacking but who honestly spends time doing that?

It was when I had a message in my outbox saying ' I love fat chicks, more cushion for pushin' that I took the issue to the forums...where the admins were autocratic, rude, patronising and arrogant.

I merely suggested the posibility of a 'rogue moderator?' messing around. I said I understand it was a free site so perhaps security was lax.

Of course they instantly got defencive and I was subjected to a lynch mob of mainly middle aged women clearly sucking admin cock to gain praise... Rolling Eyes

I think the mods themselves are single guys, hailed as martyrs for their work in volunteering to help people find happiness. I believe my encounter was also with tickettoride though I fail to recall the name of the other admin.

Important: I did not directly accuse anyone of hacking me. I suggested the possibility of someone with power doing it. I left the thread after some middle aged women had 'checked my profile' and said I should try drinking less and maybe this wouldn't happen.' This woman had 'pizza' listed on her hobbies/interests section, and was criticizing my drinking habbits..

So I go to sleep.

I wake up, to find most of the sites I'd been a member of, youtube, a mental health support group ( I have some anxiety/insomnia/depression history) had been sabotaged. 3 or 4 sites in total. I was removed or banned from youtube, I had recordings there, I'm a musician.. I struggle to get a good recording due to anxiety basically. They were all gone. All my journals which I needed for evidence for a court hearing I had in the coming week. I was shocked, it couldn't be coincidence, could it? The spat with the POF admins, the sudden realisation I'd used the same password for POF as I had for my email except for one capital letter, which no doubt, the perpetrator had guessed.

Yep. It is highly likely POF admins HACKED my personal online accounts. For suggesting the possibility of pranks played on me by admins. My profile stood out, it was long, and I was opinionated, I probably didn't fit their criteria or personal agenda for the image of their site?

This really did, cause me a lot of stress, I lost contact with a lot of friends due to not having copies of their details, I lost 2 years of journals. I have memory problems so they were vital to me to piece together my life for the sake of my therapist or docs to understand what's going on with me. I'm doing fine at the moment, but during this time I was low, and this didn't help. They deleted everything and it must have been manual because most of my accounts remained. This person sat for HOURS deleting every photo every contact every journal I owned.

He sent a message to me from my old account to my new account I made after fearing being harassed further, it took my a while to work out how to reset the password. He said 'Enjoy this while it lasts buddy Wink '

I'm not sure what that was even meant to mean, enjoy my day of suffering as a result of my damaged ego? This is a person who went through my emails to find a DEPRESSION support group and calously removed all my journals. I have a lot of issues, I've had cancer at age 12, an abusive family, and my health has caused me discrimination at work or even in getting jobs. Does this strike you as evil? It does me.

FYI I unwittingly used the same password. I did notice the password field on POF is NOT obscured by stars. It suggests to me that admins or moderators can therefore see peoples passwords. My password was guessed, my online life sabotaged as a result of being harassed on POF. I didn't do anything to anyone. Be warned. Choose a random/new pasword and email if joining POF. And do not post on the forums.

This is not made up. I have at least 5 people who saw what happened and who I told of the events as they occured. My use of similar passwords is due to memory issues and a common thing for people to do. I have up to date firewalls and anti virus. I asked the police if anything could be done - they simply said it wasn't even a crime. That's justice for you.

Angry

Anonymous
angry
For me honestly the plenty of fish site is a joke and anyone that goes on that site is either desperate or they want to cheat on whoever there going out with. I think all sites like that should be shut down. why cant people just find someone on there own. people that cheat on there gf/bf make me sick.

Canuck007

Anonymous
angry
We all know that plenty of fish is not a dating service. It is a dating site and there is a difference. Dating services you pay for a "service", there is customer support, you CAN get in touch with them by phone, there is a physical address, and they DO NOT have forums that are insulting to other members. They are not customers on this site, the customer is his advertisers and while he is being paid by them why should he care. But now he is thinking of having a paid site..did you read that? He is sending so much business to his advertisers he thought heck why don't I start one. makes you wonder.

All times are Eastern Daylight Time. The time is now 06:28 AM.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content