Subject: The forums on plenty of fish.com are literally insane

Posted on: 2007/12/28 07:39pm
By: Anonymous

I hope that anyone that reads this goes to POF's date site.

It is

plentyoffish.com

You don't have to register to view the forums and they have about 20 sub forums like dating over 45, single parents, etc.

I have NEVER seen such a bunch of crazy sh@t in my life.

If you post a comment or question, on of Marcus Fink (or whaterver his last name is) infamous moderators will most likely delete it unless you are a woman or a male lapdog to the women.

Guys with any balls are shown no respect. Women think they rule the world yet complain they can't find dates.

The site is so full of angry, bitter women i feel sick when i have bothered to look at these forums.

I have kept hoping I might find some real information on the war of the sexs but there is so much negativity and hypocrasy, there is no way to find anything useful unless you have an iron stomach.

So if you really want to see true insanity on a date site, go to plenty of fish.

The site is run by a Nazi who thinks you have to be 'worthy' to be date.

This asshole thinks is a dating God.

And yet i see so many people say they have never found anyone that will go on a date.

I don't mind people that can back up what they say but all this Fink guy wants is absense money. He live in Canada, looks like a ddork, and claims to now have the largest dating site in the world.

One man wrote he had been on the site for two YEARS and no one was intersted.

And then thee are the men that complain the women only want sex. If this is not BS, i don't know what is.

I would love to go one a date and the woman says why don't you come on over and we skip dinner and get down to buisness.

Enter this site at your own risk.

Re: The forums on plenty of fish.com are literally insane

Posted on: 2008/01/04 09:10pm

Don't sound like the most friendly of message boards, I never have tried plenty of fish. I just visited it and it doesn't really look that good. Of course that is my first impression Mr. Green

Posted on: 2008/01/29 03:38pm

I haven't had a real bad experience on plenty of fish yet. just the usual annoying stuff.. I don't know what you're looking for.. but I haven't had any trouble with the moderator or finding interested people.. as far as certain women only wanting sex..you are correct.. I am looking for a serious relationship and that's hard to find a woman who wants that these days.. and there are a LOT of female game players who are bitter and angry and don't know what they want.. as far as the men.. they don't even bother reading my profile they just see my face pic and start trying to chat me up even though I say i'm not interested in men.

and yes, i'm a woman

Posted on: 2008/02/12 11:25pm

Quote by: jerked around

It is

plentyoffish.com

You don't have to register to view the forums and they have about 20 sub forums like dating over 45, single parents, etc.

So if you really want to see true insanity on a date site, go to plenty of fish.

What do you expect for free...seriously. Do you think this Marcus guy got in the business to help singles find one another? It was a programming project, he does not moderate the forums cause he is too busy making money from the advertisers who are buying space on his website. That forum is nuts, I feel so bad for those people when you think there are much better places to go to for dating sites. Canadian sites that do not have the boasting power that he has but are a heck of a lot better. Do a search on Google for Singles in Canada or single Canadians and you will find some great sites.

Posted on: 2008/10/08 04:29am

Just got a three-year ban on POF for the first forum infraction. What did I do? I told the truth. In the computer forum some user was complaining that when he uploaded his avatar to the site it seemed blurry. (In other words, the site converted his graphic in such a way that it lost resolution and was now blurry as a result.)

What did their admin suggest as the solution? "Upgrade" their browser to Firefox and the problem will go away. Really. That's what this numbnuts actually wrote. Reviewing post after post this same admin ("Ticketoride"Wink often tries to bully people into changing browsers for every lame reason you can think of!

So I simply posted that this was bogus advice and a waste of the user's time. That's it. Three-year ban on posting on the forums. Here's the email I just sent to tech support on there but the odds are good that it's this same peon guy (who isn't the owner of the site).

----------------------------------------
Hi. It looks like you have a problem with one of your admins, specifically Ticketoride. In the computer forum he routinely tells users to "upgrade" their browser to Firefox over the most trivial things.

In this latest go-round, he suggested to a user who was complaining of a blurry avatar that they change browsers to Firefox and the problem would go away. This is bogus advice and I posted this on the thread, only to promptly get banned now from posting on the forums.

There are numerous threads where users have indicated that the ads freeze their Firefox browsers--why on Earth would you then recommend that people change to *this* browser? It makes no sense.

Posted on: 2008/10/08 08:08am

And the people who run online dating sites have the nerve to wonder why their business is in decline with no way to stop the losses. Well DUH!!!

Posted on: 2008/10/17 12:42pm

POF is just a play site. Most people consider it little more than a sex site. Mostly what you have is a small pool of people taking turns "dating" each other. Women on the site are mostly looking for the guy a few notches above them. I'm sure for guys who enter the site thinking it's a dating site it can be quite frustrating. However, if you focus on women a few notches below yourself you can play there with quite some time. If you're looking for a reasonably equal match, you're wasting your time. It's a play site ... play. It's a fantasy land where BS is king.

And yes, quite a few women there are just looking for sex, except they need it wrapped in a pretty bow.

Posted on: 2009/02/24 07:47pm

One of the worst POF horror stories you will ever hear...

Hey guys. My profile on POF was being edited mysteriously. Phrases like 'I car and 2.5 children is not my idea of happieness' were changed. Car became Van. Trivial.. but annoying. I kept changing this things back, petty changes clearly made by someone abusing moderator or admin power. Perhaps someone hacking but who honestly spends time doing that?

It was when I had a message in my outbox saying ' I love fat chicks, more cushion for pushin' that I took the issue to the forums...where the admins were autocratic, rude, patronising and arrogant.

I merely suggested the posibility of a 'rogue moderator?' messing around. I said I understand it was a free site so perhaps security was lax.

Of course they instantly got defencive and I was subjected to a lynch mob of mainly middle aged women clearly sucking admin *censored* to gain praise... Rolling Eyes

I think the mods themselves are single guys, hailed as martyrs for their work in volunteering to help people find happiness. I believe my encounter was also with tickettoride though I fail to recall the name of the other admin.

Important: I did not directly accuse anyone of hacking me. I suggested the possibility of someone with power doing it. I left the thread after some middle aged women had 'checked my profile' and said I should try drinking less and maybe this wouldn't happen.' This woman had 'pizza' listed on her hobbies/interests section, and was criticizing my drinking habbits..

So I go to sleep.

I wake up, to find most of the sites I'd been a member of, youtube, a mental health support group ( I have some anxiety/insomnia/depression history) had been sabotaged. 3 or 4 sites in total. I was removed or banned from youtube, I had recordings there, I'm a musician.. I struggle to get a good recording due to anxiety basically. They were all gone. All my journals which I needed for evidence for a court hearing I had in the coming week. I was shocked, it couldn't be coincidence, could it? The spat with the POF admins, the sudden realisation I'd used the same password for POF as I had for my email except for one capital letter, which no doubt, the perpetrator had guessed.

Yep. It is highly likely POF admins HACKED my personal online accounts. For suggesting the possibility of pranks played on me by admins. My profile stood out, it was long, and I was opinionated, I probably didn't fit their criteria or personal agenda for the image of their site?

This really did, cause me a lot of stress, I lost contact with a lot of friends due to not having copies of their details, I lost 2 years of journals. I have memory problems so they were vital to me to piece together my life for the sake of my therapist or docs to understand what's going on with me. I'm doing fine at the moment, but during this time I was low, and this didn't help. They deleted everything and it must have been manual because most of my accounts remained. This person sat for HOURS deleting every photo every contact every journal I owned.

He sent a message to me from my old account to my new account I made after fearing being harassed further, it took my a while to work out how to reset the password. He said 'Enjoy this while it lasts buddy Wink '

I'm not sure what that was even meant to mean, enjoy my day of suffering as a result of my damaged ego? This is a person who went through my emails to find a DEPRESSION support group and calously removed all my journals. I have a lot of issues, I've had cancer at age 12, an abusive family, and my health has caused me discrimination at work or even in getting jobs. Does this strike you as evil? It does me.

FYI I unwittingly used the same password. I did notice the password field on POF is NOT obscured by stars. It suggests to me that admins or moderators can therefore see peoples passwords. My password was guessed, my online life sabotaged as a result of being harassed on POF. I didn't do anything to anyone. Be warned. Choose a random/new pasword and email if joining POF. And do not post on the forums.

This is not made up. I have at least 5 people who saw what happened and who I told of the events as they occured. My use of similar passwords is due to memory issues and a common thing for people to do. I have up to date firewalls and anti virus. I asked the police if anything could be done - they simply said it wasn't even a crime. That's justice for you.

Posted on: 2009/03/22 11:46am

For me honestly the plenty of fish site is a joke and anyone that goes on that site is either desperate or they want to cheat on whoever there going out with. I think all sites like that should be shut down. why cant people just find someone on there own. people that cheat on there gf/bf make me sick.

Posted on: 2009/03/30 09:24am

We all know that plenty of fish is not a dating service. It is a dating site and there is a difference. Dating services you pay for a "service", there is customer support, you CAN get in touch with them by phone, there is a physical address, and they DO NOT have forums that are insulting to other members. They are not customers on this site, the customer is his advertisers and while he is being paid by them why should he care. But now he is thinking of having a paid site..did you read that? He is sending so much business to his advertisers he thought heck why don't I start one. makes you wonder.

Posted on: 2009/05/05 03:11pm

I'm sure Markus had the intention of making plentyoffish a paid site at some point in time. One of those classic bait/switch tactics. Now that he has many users, there are those that will pony up the cash to continue their nonsensical rubbish within plentyoffish forums. You have to hand it to Markus though, he came up with a novel concept and has become a self-made millionaire. Yes, it's currently free and yes, it's also not worth your time due to the really unprofessional actions of the moderators and sloppy attitude/ responses from Markus.

If you have any sense of decency and don't wish to decrease your IQ, stay clear of the forums. It seems more than half of the people there either can't spell, or don't really give a damn. I'm sure it's a combination of both. Sure, I make spelling mistakes from time to time, but come on, at least my sentences bear some resemblance to the english language. Regardless of the desperado forum members and volunteer, mentally challenged, heavy-handed moderators, the site offers little in the way of dating. Those women that are attractive are usually at that site for 'ratings' or a simple method of boosting their confidence, based on how many emails they receive per day. The vast majority of women on that site have some mental stability issues. They may also be a cranky single/divorced woman who is obese and/or unattractive.
If you get lucky, you can strike up a booty call now and then with an average looking woman. But the cost/benefit of my time simply doesn't hold water. I deleted my profile quite awhile ago. If you're looking for quality, I doubt you'll have much luck on plentyoftoads.

It was simpler back in the day of free Msn local chat rooms. For some reason the quality was there.

Posted on: 2009/05/13 12:46am

FYI I unwittingly used the same password. I did notice the password field on POF is NOT obscured by stars. It suggests to me that admins or moderators can therefore see peoples passwords. My password was guessed, my online life sabotaged as a result of being harassed on POF. I didn't do anything to anyone. Be warned. Choose a random/new pasword and email if joining POF. And do not post on the forums.

^^^^ I know this is an old post, but it really speaks the truth. A secure website hashes (one-way encrypts) passwords so that if the entire database is hacked the user's passwords are not recoverable. That Marcus doesn't do this just shows how poorly put together that site is, although the randomness of the settings pages, etc kind of suggests such anyways.

So here's one more post saying: Do not use the same username and password that you use anywhere else on POF, You are asking for trouble if you do

Posted on: 2009/06/04 09:12pm

i sick ov the moderateors on there the delete ur account 4 nothin as talking away then logged out then wen to log in found out my account had been deleted by them ???? wits sat there saying wish i had that bird on my ME i knw i delete im so he cant hav her wat a bunch ov IDOTS really got me had loads ov freinds on there get a life moderators

Posted on: 2009/06/17 10:29pm

testing 1 2 3

Posted on: 2009/06/17 10:32pm

god I'm so f-cking pleased to read some of the comments on here. N4ZI mods is a phrase IVE been repeating to myself.

Posted on: 2009/06/17 10:35pm

giving you super strict guidelines to fill out your profile.

seriously, if you register and acknowledge the confirmation, you shouldnt need anything except...well, anything.

the f-cking site even has smart alec auto responses "what are you doing typing ..... - put a PROPER resnpose". even the auto sripts have attitude, is the whole thing some sort of pisstake ?

Posted on: 2009/06/17 10:36pm

on the main page it comes out with loads of b/s about 'how to make him fancy you' etc. most of the information on the site is false. if you read the non-f0rum info on the site, you'll be filling your head with s**t. trying to sell you ebooks and stuff.

they say "without a decent profile/message you won't get far". *censored*, the photo matters and nothing else. which i found to half pleasent surprise.

Posted on: 2009/06/17 10:38pm

(wouldnt let me post all of this at once for sum reason...)

annoyingly i do actually want to post to the forums some real questions.

does anyone know how the f0rums clearance thing goes? it used to be 3 days....ive been trying some differnt usernames and cant get access ot the forums with new accounts.

Posted on: 2009/06/17 10:40pm

2 million users and 1.5 admins? what sort of *censored* is that? if the site is so important and big it should be properly staffed. if its just a programming project, all becomes clear......

Posted on: 2009/06/17 10:46pm

does anyone know some real f0rum5 where

Posted on: 2009/06/17 10:47pm

real questions can be asked

and i guess if anyone went onto the p0f f0 rums and said exactly what p0f is, that post would get wiped

(ps, there are some problems with the "spam detection" on here !

Posted on: 2009/06/19 10:58pm

Yes, I would agree. The rules are unfair. I am frequently banned for lame reasons while others break the rules. The moderators don't have a handle on the forums. People pretend to be writing about certain topics but most of the time they are just waiting to bash a fellow poster. I was bashed and bashed and bashed. I call it cyber bullying.

Posted on: 2009/07/09 02:06am

Yup all I get from after reporting problems to their site (i'm a web developer for over 20 yrs) and proving it was their problem is useless moderators quickly blocking my posts when i politely informed them of problems...

Now I just get :
"Your forum posting privilages have been revoked until 9/17/2011 10:22:18 AM Pacific Standard Time by trappedonbayst
See the one sentence that isnt getting through to you ?
"What has been presented is what is known to block Mails." end of discussion, you can troll the thread all you want, "whats been presented is what we have been given privy to" enough trolling."

Ya real helpful to people that have been on the site from the beginning to now get blocked just for reporting programming bugs... hey thanks people... idiots...
And if he was pulling in so much dough from adsense then hire some designers/programmers to fix the dam thing up omg..

And since to way to even send an email, their is no contact info etc... I'm stuck, oh well OKCupid is 100 times better than them, more features, funner, and a staff that listens to its members.... POF can care less... People its just like any business, customers are EVERYTHING, if you ignore your customers you will lose.

Posted on: 2009/07/14 10:43pm

Quote by: Canadian eh? free sites are not that good

It is

plentyoffish.com

What do you expect for free...seriously. Do you think this Marcus guy got in the business to help singles find one another? It was a programming project, he does not moderate the forums cause he is too busy making money from the advertisers who are buying space on his website. That forum is nuts, I feel so bad for those people when you think there are much better places to go to for dating sites. Canadian sites that do not have the boasting power that he has but are a heck of a lot better. Do a search on Google for Singles in Canada or single Canadians and you will find some great sites.

YES I DO EXPECT POF AND MARCUS FINK TO HOOK PEOPLE UP AND NOT JUST SIT ON HIS BUTT MAKING 10 K A DAY FOR NOTHING.

Posted on: 2009/07/14 10:50pm

Quote by: Mike

Hey guys. My profile on POF was being edited mysteriously. Phrases like 'I car and 2.5 children is not my idea of happieness' were changed. Car became Van. Trivial.. but annoying. I kept changing this things back, petty changes clearly made by someone abusing moderator or admin power. Perhaps someone hacking but who honestly spends time doing that?

It was when I had a message in my outbox saying ' I love fat chicks, more cushion for pushin' that I took the issue to the forums...where the admins were autocratic, rude, patronising and arrogant.

I merely suggested the posibility of a 'rogue moderator?' messing around. I said I understand it was a free site so perhaps security was lax.

Of course they instantly got defencive and I was subjected to a lynch mob of mainly middle aged women clearly sucking admin *censored* to gain praise... Rolling Eyes

I think the mods themselves are single guys, hailed as martyrs for their work in volunteering to help people find happiness. I believe my encounter was also with tickettoride though I fail to recall the name of the other admin.

Important: I did not directly accuse anyone of hacking me. I suggested the possibility of someone with power doing it. I left the thread after some middle aged women had 'checked my profile' and said I should try drinking less and maybe this wouldn't happen.' This woman had 'pizza' listed on her hobbies/interests section, and was criticizing my drinking habbits..

So I go to sleep.

I wake up, to find most of the sites I'd been a member of, youtube, a mental health support group ( I have some anxiety/insomnia/depression history) had been sabotaged. 3 or 4 sites in total. I was removed or banned from youtube, I had recordings there, I'm a musician.. I struggle to get a good recording due to anxiety basically. They were all gone. All my journals which I needed for evidence for a court hearing I had in the coming week. I was shocked, it couldn't be coincidence, could it? The spat with the POF admins, the sudden realisation I'd used the same password for POF as I had for my email except for one capital letter, which no doubt, the perpetrator had guessed.

Yep. It is highly likely POF admins HACKED my personal online accounts. For suggesting the possibility of pranks played on me by admins. My profile stood out, it was long, and I was opinionated, I probably didn't fit their criteria or personal agenda for the image of their site?

This really did, cause me a lot of stress, I lost contact with a lot of friends due to not having copies of their details, I lost 2 years of journals. I have memory problems so they were vital to me to piece together my life for the sake of my therapist or docs to understand what's going on with me. I'm doing fine at the moment, but during this time I was low, and this didn't help. They deleted everything and it must have been manual because most of my accounts remained. This person sat for HOURS deleting every photo every contact every journal I owned.

He sent a message to me from my old account to my new account I made after fearing being harassed further, it took my a while to work out how to reset the password. He said 'Enjoy this while it lasts buddy Wink '

I'm not sure what that was even meant to mean, enjoy my day of suffering as a result of my damaged ego? This is a person who went through my emails to find a DEPRESSION support group and calously removed all my journals. I have a lot of issues, I've had cancer at age 12, an abusive family, and my health has caused me discrimination at work or even in getting jobs. Does this strike you as evil? It does me.

This is not made up. I have at least 5 people who saw what happened and who I told of the events as they occured. My use of similar passwords is due to memory issues and a common thing for people to do. I have up to date firewalls and anti virus. I asked the police if anything could be done - they simply said it wasn't even a crime. That's justice for you.

OH MY GOD!

I KNOW that POF is trouble but i did not know that it might do this and i really don't see how it could. But you do give good advice. USe an alternative e mail address for forums, or date sites, etc. Keep your primary address to yourslf. I learned never to give it out

But if POF could do what the poster mentioned, then they could easily find your computer address. this is the set of number 9I can't remeber the techical name0 that you are located at by your server be it yahoo, AOL, etc.

Seems Marcus needs a lawsuit. this is getting popular amoung the POed-sue a dat site.

And I LOVE it-

Someone PLEASE SUE THE A HOLE THAT OWNS PLENTY OF FISH.

Posted on: 2009/09/06 02:02pm

Well actually PlentyOfFish.com in general is a damn joke. I mean, they think a Whale and a crab, etc are fish!! (their fish personalities). They are so dumb!!! I got deleted for who knows what reason for like the 3rd damn time. I've been on another communicating sit for 8 frickin years, not really a dating site, but can be if you wanted it to be. I can't go like 1 year on POF without being deleted, and do nothing different on POF than I do the other. Maybe they didn't like that I called them "D/A's"in my headline regarding the Whale not being a fish! Well I aint bothering with that grabage site again

Posted on: 2009/11/17 09:42pm

One of the biggest bashers of the posters is connected to a top moderator. Geek

If you disagree with her, she will bash you. If you complain you get the penalty.
If you want to enjoy the forums just be careful who you disagree with.

Its a free site, one cannot expect more.

Posted on: 2009/11/19 05:03pm

It is

plentyoffish.com

If you post a comment or question, on of Marcus Fink (or whaterver his last name is) infamous moderators will most likely delete it unless you are a woman or a male lapdog to the women.

Guys with any balls are shown no respect. Women think they rule the world yet complain they can't find dates.

The site is so full of angry, bitter women i feel sick when i have bothered to look at these forums.

I have kept hoping I might find some real information on the war of the sexs but there is so much negativity and hypocrasy, there is no way to find anything useful unless you have an iron stomach.

And yet i see so many people say they have never found anyone that will go on a date.

I don't mind people that can back up what they say but all this Fink guy wants is absense money. He live in Canada, looks like a ddork, and claims to now have the largest dating site in the world.

And then thee are the men that complain the women only want sex. If this is not BS, i don't know what is.

I would love to go one a date and the woman says why don't you come on over and we skip dinner and get down to buisness.

you mate are dead right, anything thEYdo not like is wiped
For instance there was this bird, said she only got mail from Texas, she was an Aussie, I said "please do not go there" cos another maniac that stuffed the world lived there too, it was wiped in seconds
he really does play God, does not allow posts from(second rate countries)
However I have met one or two nice womn there, and a lot of nut cases too
SO i changed tack to just a friend wanted, that stooped the fat ones the insane ones and the ones with little or no intelligence
Apart from being a lil Hitler though this guy is clever, mkes millionjs soemthing like 5mill a month from google alone

Posted on: 2010/01/15 07:46pm

Plentyoffish.com must be doing something right.....they were just aquired by Match.com for a hefty 175 MILLION buckaroos!

Not to shabby if you ask me....

Posted on: 2010/01/21 02:04am

Quote by: bRIAN

Plentyoffish.com must be doing something right.....they were just aquired by Match.com for a hefty 175 MILLION buckaroos!

I HOPE they were bought by match.com

Then this will probably no longer be a FREE site and the site will DIE.

Match does NOTHING for free

Second best news I heard this week.

Scott Brown winning is the best

BTW

iF MATCH PAYS THIS KIND OF MONEY WHICH I DOUBT, IT JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW STUPID THE DATING INDUSTRY IS.

Brian you are a LIAR

Posted on: 2010/01/27 05:01pm

Quote by: bRIAN

The administrator of this site answered me that pof was NOT bout by match.com

You must be a POF moderator.

I bet Marcus wishes someone would buy his site because soon people with any quality will leave and it will all be just married losers or crazy women who are losers.

The people loking for love will wise up quick enough and leave.

BTW BRIAN

I looked all over the net about sale and there is NOTHING about it. What a peice of shite you are-just like your god-pof

Posted on: 2010/01/29 01:10am

I agree. The quality of the site has degraded highly in the last few years.

What is it about dating sites that only care about quantity?

How about QUALITY?

I used to be on True but now I'm on Mate1. It's nice to know the guy is able to actually pay for a membership. Am I shallow? Maybe. Maybe I'm just tired of deadbeats and I need a way to weed out the bad ones. Wink

Goldie

Posted on: 2010/01/30 03:48pm

The site is the same as it was when it started. The people have changed and you may have failed to change with it.

POF is not any different than another dating site. It works by what you put into it. If you're not personally screening your potential matches then you will naturally get screwed over. I feel no pity for you.

You get out of POF what you put into it. If you make a nice profile to get your foot in the door, that's perfect.

If you make exceptions that everyone is different and at least try and date as many as you can to get a feel for how people's differences are. That's great.

If you keep things honest from the get go. Another good job.

If you set your rules from the start and he/she still sticks around. Good you're on the right track.

Your rules should not be ridiculous. They should be normal rules that most people have like, no sex on the first date, nothing irrational and you should be fine.

The site is not so much a site that does the work for you. You have to put in the work. It's like walking through the mall and window shopping. You find something you like you don't just buy it. You check it out and see if it is exactly what you are looking for.

Much in the same fashion if it ends up not working out for you, you would return that merchandise.

Treat POF the same way but realize that every man and woman is different and you'll get results.

Stop *censored*ing about how you think the site is retarded. You're probably not doing it right. Learn to change. Also, to the guy whining about the moderator ban, pick and choose your battles man, pick and choose your battles.Even if you're right sometimes it's not always the right time to speak, or the right way.

Posted on: 2010/03/04 11:41pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Why don't get out from behind the computer and go into the real world and met real people that you can touch....people on the internet twist the truth to meet their own needs but at the end of the day this is their very undoing. Once they meet the other person and realize they are just a figment of the imagination all there can be is disappointment and heart ache... what do you think.

Posted on: 2010/03/25 10:46am

Quote by: Grr

There are numerous threads where users have indicated that the ads freeze their Firefox browsers--why on Earth would you then recommend that people change to *this* browser? It makes no sense.

uh, firefox is one of their click to pay adverts... they make money on it ;-)

its so transparent...

3 year ban, huh? yeah, they silenced you as a potential aggitator in revenue loss... ha ha ha...

that site has more inactive members, more fake profiles and no real numbers... 2007 and 2008 were their (or his) biggest numbers last year saw a 56% drop/decrease.... that is huge... that is unheard of... 56%... imagine what the revenue losses had to be like... if no one is visiting the site or not coming back, then there are no ads clicked... and that's how he makes his money... no one certainly is signing up for their latest invention "premium membership" that is fee based LMFAO.... wouldnt people go to a site that doesnt look like a teen made circa 1997 website with Modern features in php, etc.... pof dork still uses asp and aspx... dude is so old school doesnt even realize its a new century.

as for the mods on the forums... who cares... you arent missing anything.... in fact, there are better forums to be members of online...

Posted on: 2010/03/29 08:26am

Im a woman and my threads were deleted every time with no explanation whatsoever. I think anyone who isnt one of some sort of sad little clique gets that treatment...

maybe we should take it as a compliment - those who just might have a 'real life' are a thread to some of the weirdos on the forums there?

Posted on: 2010/03/29 08:28am

Quote by: lmao@pof

maybe we should take it as a compliment - those who just might have a 'real life' are a thread to some of the weirdos on the forums there?

OH that would be threat not thread....(definitely not a thread - as they get deleted)

Posted on: 2010/04/11 03:51pm

I joined POF as after reading the forums I thought they looked fun, within a week I'd received my first ban for "soft trolling". Someone tipped me off about a site called pofusers.com which is a spin off forum with less strict rules. http://www.pofusers.com

Posted on: 2010/04/12 12:45pm

I joined POF, a couple years ago since it was free.. thought there was nothing to loose... I was wrong... I lost my time. After 2 years, I decided to quit wasting my time and erased my account... only they don't let you erase it completely. Your details are gone and no more emails but the account is still there. When you try to erase they basically ask are you sure you want to give up. Like on dating or on life... what a joke!

Of the few women that I contacted, a couple were in a relationship, a couple accused me of not reading their profile (which was the only reason I contacted them as they were not great for appearance). Most of the others did not respond. Most users block people from contacting them as well.

I did read some of the forums and replied but they were frustrating... like say the ask a girl/guy area which would let you spend time writing a reply only to never have it posted because of a max reply limit. WTF. They couldn't let me know before wasting my time?

They now have a special gold seal rating for serious pay users. I guess if you don't mind wasting yor money.
They now also require you to enter your income level in your profile for those gold diggers.
The last straw was when they instituted this thing where people vote on if a post is ok.
I had made a couple posts for fun which should have been fine only to have them voted out and removed without a trace.

Essentially, they are allowing a few users to essentially run the forums as they wish.

I would like to get togeather a small group of users who would bascally vote down every post made there just for fun and to see how that effects their user base.

I will not be joining any more dating websites, that does not mean that I have given up on dating...i just find that I would wrather go out and meet people.

Posted on: 2010/04/15 03:16am

I can't believe this utter CRAP I am reading. Guys saying only women are crazy (and flocking to Plenty of Fish apparently) and are only good for sex?!?! Well dudes, YOU are the ones we are mad at and trying to avoid. You are the ones that make us act "crazy".. "Crazy" of course meaning not taking your BS.
Want an example?

One guy up there said "it is good for a booty call with an average looking woman and that's about it".
1. Who are YOUR parents, I bet you are real gorgeous yourself. Even if you ain't a hypocrite (smart money says you are though), what kind of moronic loser judges people solely on what they look like?
2. Ever thought these women could be just bad/clueless at dating?! And not REALLY existing to have occasional sex with some retard, but are sick of WAITING for a guy to actually NOT be.. just.. like.. you?

Am I crazy now? Only women are crazy according to you guys. You can treat the women how ever you want and call it "play" and if she has a problem with it or has an actual mind you throw her in the crazy pile. That is IF she isn't already thrown in the FAT pile for not having an eating disorder, or the AVERAGE pile for not being like the poster kids in panties you wank to nightly....
And you guys do all this without realizing you are the very reason the site SUCKS and it makes women bitter.

Scroll up a bit and look at the guy that can't spell the word "of" insulting other people. Yeah this is clearly better, more literate and nicer than the "literally insane" POF forums. They did the right thing banning you people lol. But you don't even see it.

Posted on: 2010/04/15 04:41am

You sound kind of bitter yourself, pal. And your spelling sucks. I noticed the "Nazi" attitude in the profile instructions - "Description (Mandatory)" - hilarious. But the people using the site seem genuine. I've met one, friends of mine several... Sure, there's an assortment of wackos - just like anywhere else. But your posts probably got pulled for bad spelling, and bad attitude... Wink

Posted on: 2010/04/21 08:22pm

Quote by: Erinlove

I can't believe this utter CRAP I am reading. Guys saying only women are crazy (and flocking to Plenty of Fish apparently) and are only good for sex?!?! Well dudes, YOU are the ones we are mad at and trying to avoid. You are the ones that make us act "crazy".. "Crazy" of course meaning not taking your BS.
Want an example?

One guy up there said "it is good for a booty call with an average looking woman and that's about it".
1. Who are YOUR parents, I bet you are real gorgeous yourself. Even if you ain't a hypocrite (smart money says you are though), what kind of moronic loser judges people solely on what they look like?
2. Ever thought these women could be just bad/clueless at dating?! And not REALLY existing to have occasional sex with some retard, but are sick of WAITING for a guy to actually NOT be.. just.. like.. you?

Am I crazy now? Only women are crazy according to you guys. You can treat the women how ever you want and call it "play" and if she has a problem with it or has an actual mind you throw her in the crazy pile. That is IF she isn't already thrown in the FAT pile for not having an eating disorder, or the AVERAGE pile for not being like the poster kids in panties you wank to nightly....
And you guys do all this without realizing you are the very reason the site SUCKS and it makes women bitter.

Scroll up a bit and look at the guy that can't spell the word "of" insulting other people. Yeah this is clearly better, more literate and nicer than the "literally insane" POF forums. They did the right thing banning you people lol. But you don't even see it.

I want to thank you for a great post! Someone needed to stand up for women and you made me laugh while doing so. Bravo! Mr. Green

Posted on: 2010/04/29 11:05pm

The site is free and you get what you pay for. I have chatted with some nice girls on it but they weren't for me but they would make a great friend. The guys will often complain that girls never message back. The women often complain that guys are prejudice of big women. Can't ask for much with free so it takes a lot of work to make something good happen. I personally think it's easier to meet someone in real life but the problem there is that you don't have a list of common interests with people. Most people don't message each other. The ones that I personally know who have met people on the site are people who have done the mass message copy and paste send thing. Which I'm not a fan of because I read everyone's bio and contact people who I'm seriously interested in.

Honestly there is a lot of dirt bag guys on the site. I personally know some. I'm a guy myself and one of the good ones but with so many bad guys ruining it for others, it scares the girls away. I was hoping to meet a nice friend and hopefully find a girlfriend in the future. My profile is written very nice and I get a lot of compliments on it. But Dating Websites are tough to be successful in. All I have to say is the usual, don't ignore the red flags, trust your gut, and most of all don't sleep with a guy on your first dates! Forum is full of angry women who didn't know any better and the guy takes off. You do know that condoms don't protect from all diseases right?

FORUMS
OMG the forums are often a source of entertainment and drama for many. It's a battlefield! Lots of angry people looking to take it out on somebody. You can find nice people, but you have to duck, cover, and run! DODGE AND WEAVE!

Mad Moderators
The forums moderators are really crazy and excuse the term, they operate like "forum Nazis." You have to walk on eggshells there and they are not at all forgiving if someone makes a simple mistake. Maybe they are just tired of modding, I don't know. You sometimes meet some nice online friends if you participate on the forum a lot. But there is also lot of people who are crazy with some mental problems.

The Mad Moderator Lady
There is one moderator woman...well strange thing is that she's not actually a moderator, she's a regular poster who "narcs on people." She tells on people reporting them all day for trivial things. An always very angry mad at the world type. I'm not sure why. I wouldn't be surprised if they hired her as a mod now. She's a bit big and not pleasant to look at, I'm sorry but I can't help say it because that might be a big reason why she's so angry. Well anyway, if you look at her history you can see how crazed of a moderator she is! She also has some crazy conspiracy angry stuff on her profile that have nothing to do with dating and is all politics. I once mentioned something to her about it and the next day I learned I got in trouble because 1 of my 5 pics, supposedly didn't show my face well enough!" It wasn't even my main pic, which is when they really make a fuss over if your face isn't completely visible. I didn't try to say anything more because she's the type that will make your life a living Hell if you disagree with her. Maybe she's an undiagnosed borderline personality.

Posted on: 2010/05/16 06:42pm

The forums are full of judgemental people that will insult anyone who does not fit in their perfect world, the women want sheer perfection and if you cant deliver all four (house, car, well paid job, 6ft +) you are basically shunned and kicked to the curb from the get go. Even biggest loser contestants hidden behind bbw on that site want perfect men.

I've stopped using the site as its obviously for damaged people who live in a fantasy world, however the thing what makes me laugh is at the end of the day. These people are the same ones who will end up being more older and bitter, looking back and wondering why they still have no one to love and will die all alone LOL

As others said, go out in the real world. Women online on those sites are totally different than women in the real world.

Posted on: 2010/05/16 07:39pm

I'm from the UK and pof is not a barrel of laughs from this side of the world and the women are just as picky and obsessed with a man with loads of money.and possessions like the American women on the site. All you have to do is read the forum to see how angry and pathetic women on that site really are, which I have met a couple of women from that site and all I can say is send the damage goods away and let some other unlucky guy get stuck with trash.

Plenty of fish probably has good genuine women on there but they hide themselves very well.

Sam

Posted on: 2010/05/16 07:41pm

I'm from the UK and pof is not a barrel of laughs from this side of the world and the women are just as picky and obsessed with a man with loads of money.and possessions like the American women on the site. All you have to do is read the forum to see how angry and pathetic women on that site really are, which I have met a couple of women from that site and all I can say is send the damage goods away and let some other unlucky guy get stuck with them.

Plenty of fish probably has good genuine women on there but they hide themselves very well.

Sam

Posted on: 2010/05/25 04:14pm

I've been often to POF and I can only comment that I find it extremly entertaining. I have rarely laughed so much about the way people set them selves up for ridicule. It is amazing. When ever I'm feeling down, I'll as soon as not, switch on my PC and tune in to another exciting episode of POF humour.

Posted on: 2010/06/14 01:12am

Quote by: coolclay

I joined POF, a couple years ago since it was free.. thought there was nothing to loose... I was wrong... I lost my time. After 2 years, I decided to quit wasting my time and erased my account... only they don't let you erase it completely. Your details are gone and no more emails but the account is still there. When you try to erase they basically ask are you sure you want to give up. Like on dating or on life... what a joke!

Of the few women that I contacted, a couple were in a relationship, a couple accused me of not reading their profile (which was the only reason I contacted them as they were not great for appearance). Most of the others did not respond. Most users block people from contacting them as well.

I did read some of the forums and replied but they were frustrating... like say the ask a girl/guy area which would let you spend time writing a reply only to never have it posted because of a max reply limit. WTF. They couldn't let me know before wasting my time?

They now have a special gold seal rating for serious pay users. I guess if you don't mind wasting yor money.
They now also require you to enter your income level in your profile for those gold diggers.
The last straw was when they instituted this thing where people vote on if a post is ok.
I had made a couple posts for fun which should have been fine only to have them voted out and removed without a trace.

Essentially, they are allowing a few users to essentially run the forums as they wish.

I would like to get togeather a small group of users who would bascally vote down every post made there just for fun and to see how that effects their user base.

I will not be joining any more dating websites, that does not mean that I have given up on dating...i just find that I would wrather go out and meet people.

As the ORGINATOR of this thread , I have since re-joined pof in hope that Fink has cleaned up his act.

NO WAY

As the quote say, this jerk off has started charging after he said repeadily 'put away your credit card' when it come to his site.

Now the asshole cahrges. A nominal fee but he broke his WORD.

Typical Fink. He can't tell the truth from a lie.

He may be rich which i am beginning to doubt since he already lied about the cc thing, but the man is surrounded by his loyal trolls. AND HIS UNPAID TROLS ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO WORK FOR FREE WHEN FINK CLaims TO MAKE 10 GRAND A DAY! And he has the balls to whine about working two hours a cay and lug all that money to the bank. Right Fink. you are a RAT TURD from the Great While North and a bloch on Canada

And the date site is a true joke and worst-a time waster. You can not get your wasted time back

It is time to boycott POF and let Marcus Fink get a REAL job

Posted on: 2010/06/19 12:28am

I wonder if it's possible to show ONLINE NOW status without actually being online. I found my bf's username online and he totally denied it and was furious.

Posted on: 2010/06/23 09:40pm

My God man it's all for free and better than the pay sites....... What Nazis in this world are you talking about ? Nobody likes being slammed and if you want to it should not be on the site of the person being slammed. POF is a place where the vast majority of people are normal decent folks who are looking for some company. No one is bugging you for money or anything else. Can't you just accept the free usage as a gift ?

Posted on: 2010/08/08 01:50am

The moderators at Plenty of Fish are on a power trip and have a screw loose. I had my forum posting privelages revoked because I had a very pleasant date and wrote about it as a Pof success story. I made up a nickname for my date to preserve her privacy and my posting privelages were revoked for "giving out contact information" about my date. The CIA could not have identified my date from any information that I provided. They are not all single guys. The one who was on my case was female. They behave like powerdrunk 13 yr old kids.

Posted on: 2010/08/09 01:17pm

I have been on pof for quite a while - and have met some lovely people there - have even found love - it's what u make it.x

Posted on: 2010/08/25 11:58am

It's not so much the forums that get me but more the kinds of people you meet on the site and their ridiculous expectations!

The women, for instance, have a range of issues. First, if they're on the site, then it's 99% likely that they:

1) Are young with kids looking for a guy who will be the breadwinner of the family while she stays at home taking care of Vanity and Brooklyn.

2) Have insecurity/psycho issues. They either declare their undying love to you within the first week of exchanges, before you've even met and stick onto you like an online limpet, or they make up the most insane of bs like they have ties with famous celebrities, they've been in so many foreign places, they turned down a chance to strip for Playboy, etc.

3) The most annoying ones I hate are the girls who string you along, being all friendly, but keep up making excuses about not to meet until they agree to meet a guy they actually like. I'd much rather be told that they're not interested instead of getting sugar-coated excuses.

4) Girls who go for "bad boys" then complain about how they're treated like sh!t. I think they have redefined bad to mean cheeky, playful and a minor kind of rebel. No, girls, that's not why they're called bad boys. They're bad because they're bad, as in, lousy players who will charm for sex, neglect their partners and are the kind of arrogant pricks you see trying to pick fights on Saturday nights while they wait for court hearings on previous assault charges. You want to see a real bad boy? Go to your local jail and see how cheeky and naughty they really are.

With guys you get the same stories (told to me by female friends, I don't swing that way!): players, pervs (my girl still gets hit on by guys old enough to be her dad) and out-and-out neanderthals who think typing like children complete with names like "babe" is going to be a hit with the ladies.

Posted on: 2010/08/27 07:05pm

Quote by: Goldilocks

I agree. The quality of the site has degraded highly in the last few years.

What is it about dating sites that only care about quantity?

How about QUALITY?

I used to be on True but now I'm on Mate1. It's nice to know the guy is able to actually pay for a membership. Am I shallow? Maybe. Maybe I'm just tired of deadbeats and I need a way to weed out the bad ones. Wink

Goldie

I very well agree. The quality of the people on this website is really low. Unless you are looking for a deadbeat looser who is 40 and still lives with mum and dad. Or not even able to tip the waitress 20pence.

What did I expect for free? !

Posted on: 2010/09/04 09:09pm

I suppose plentyoffish is as good or bad as any dating site.

Anyone who is single and looking for a partner is walking through a minefield, no matter what medium they use to meet people.
You can meet total fakes, bitter and disillusioned people and totally unsuitable parteners at work, parties, bars, newspapers and traditional dating agencies.

I think plentyoffish has a major advantage in having more people than most net dating sites. This is big if you live in a regional area.
The fact that it's free allows many more men and women to sign up and message, who wouldn't normally do so because of net skepticism.
I suppose it also encourages more unwanted messages because of this but it's a workable compromise.

The forums on POF are another thing completely.
They've degenerated into a disgraceful arena of cyber bulling that makes an unmoderated yahoo chatroom look tame.

For years, moderators have been on the biggest ego trip of their lives.
Up till a year or two back, people could officially put their opinions or comments on the moderators profile.
It was astonishing how wonderful, marvelous, brilliant, talented, fair, interesting, beautiful, loyal and special they were seen as by these "friends"
Some clever people realized that by showering the appropriate moderator with lavish praise and is some cases, with attractive women, the hint of closer friendship.
Moderators are in a position of power, and naturally, many, if not most people looked up to them.
This is a natural phenomena, especially with many single vulnerable women, and to an extent, men too.

There are many rules of law and ethics governing the conduct of people in positions of power and influence and there are strict rules as to qualifications and training.
The moderators on this site have no such limitations or qualifications.

A few previous posters pointed out what eventually happened.
Controlling people in each forum partition have formed little clique bully gangs and as stated previously, report anyone who disagree with them for even the tiniest infraction of the rules. They do this constantly and have been doing so for years.
When these people are reported for outrageous abusive behavior, their posts (the evidence) is removed and at worst, they’ll get banned from posting for a week or so. Usually nothing happens.

Moderators have often defended themselves and been defended by claiming they’re doing an unpaid job for the community.
Henry Ford once said, “People always have two reasons for doing something, the noble reason and the real reason.”

Steer well clear of POF forums.

Despite the massive wealth accumulated by the owner of this site, he still pays the same peanuts to the same monkeys with the same disgusting results.

After personally seeing what goes on in there, I’m gob smacked that there hasn’t been a run of defamation and cyber bullying cases against the place.

Posted on: 2010/10/04 01:09am

POF=join at own risk.
It's meant for money, not the "success" of people meeting each other.

Be extreeemely careful if you decide to join. I think that even if you have photos up and delete your account, they will STILL use your photos for advertising and possibly to use in fake profiles.

If you check out the site, you'll notice pretty much every photo has a "Plenty of Fish" stamp on it...I tried finding a section of the site that tells you whether or not by submitting your photos it becomes "property" of POH, but I couldn't find anything....

For the most part, it seems like they're trying to get pertinent info from users and trying to get your photos....I do have a friend who met 4 different girls on there, but maaaan you gotta be VERY aware of fake profiles from the real. It almost becomes a 'craft'. Since this is a public site, there will for sure be Plenty Of Fakes out there...

My advice: Be careful of what info and photos you put up. Learn how to tell the real from the fake. Be it what photos they have up, what they say in their profiles about themselves, and how they talk to you in messages.

Meeting people online is becoming more common for sure. Just learn how to successfully do it without shooting yourself in the foot! Try match.com if you want LEGIT profiles. I've checked out a few including Cupid, True, but Match was the only one I found to be fake free.

Hope this helps!

Posted on: 2010/10/06 03:57pm

I read the forums for a good laugh. Just reading some of profiles of the people are fun, 1 guy on there all but said the site was for losers, but yet he is still there.

Posted on: 2010/10/06 05:22pm

I swear, I think this site attracts little more than lying, manipulative idiots because it's Free, so every piece of crap who's single for a reason can afford it --- I mean, seriously, about 90% of you (yep, women, too!) should actually have signed up for a Sex/Swinger site, right?

OMG, who wants to date this guy Question

Posted on: 2010/10/15 08:19pm

I agree. I have been on this site a little over 2 months. I am an older woman, just trying to meet and date, told I am very attractive, make a great living, happy, no baggage and what do I get. Stood up at least 4 x now. Know its nothing I said cuz didnt even get out of the door. Was wondering if it was my age, but my younger friends told me that it happens to them as well on this site. I am thinking of going off the site. These men that stood me up have good jobs, appear to be intelligent during speaking. I think these people that are behaving badly should be called on it some way so that other women/men can stay clear. If you have proof the person stood you up why cant the person be listed so others would know. If you go out with a person that has been reported multiple times, then you deserve what you get. Maxie

Posted on: 2010/11/02 12:21pm

Take a look at the profile application on POF and you'll see all the opportunities for people to post lies. There's not one man on this planet that's capable of telling the truth on dating sites. The last guy I met off POF lied about his name!! LADIES, before you let ANYBODY off that site touch you, make sure you see a driver's license!! From that you can get their real name and date of birth. Then you can do a search for really cheap at Personal Property Registry and find out if they've got any child support orders registered against them. If someone has a problem with showing you their I.D., RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2010/11/27 11:44am

That site is a total cesspit full of sackless foot-lickers and the queen bee single moms who get worshipped by them. Avoid.

Posted on: 2010/11/29 08:08am

Quote by: Mike

So I go to sleep.

Literally insane? LOL. POF admins? Hi, Pot! I'm Kettle!

tickettoride is merely a moderator, with now access to your personal info. You most likely were infected by a trojan or some sort, which sent back your log in information back to the creator of said trojan. It wasn't anyone at POF. Paranoid much? You said you suffered from anxiety, so maybe some new meds and a better therapist may be a good idea. And if you use the same email and password for everything, you are far too stupid to be on the Internet. That''s practically praying to be hacked.

So were your friends there to witness this, or did you tell them? You said they saw it happen, but then you said you told them about it. So which is it?

I call BS. If not, get better help.

And don't look now, but I'm standing....RIGHT BEHIND YOU.

Posted on: 2010/11/29 08:30am

Quote by: Da_main_man

Quote by: Grr

uh, firefox is one of their click to pay adverts... they make money on it ;-)

its so transparent...

3 year ban, huh? yeah, they silenced you as a potential aggitator in revenue loss... ha ha ha...

that site has more inactive members, more fake profiles and no real numbers... 2007 and 2008 were their (or his) biggest numbers last year saw a 56% drop/decrease.... that is huge... that is unheard of... 56%... imagine what the revenue losses had to be like... if no one is visiting the site or not coming back, then there are no ads clicked... and that's how he makes his money... no one certainly is signing up for their latest invention "premium membership" that is fee based LMFAO.... wouldnt people go to a site that doesnt look like a teen made circa 1997 website with Modern features in php, etc.... pof dork still uses asp and aspx... dude is so old school doesnt even realize its a new century.

as for the mods on the forums... who cares... you arent missing anything.... in fact, there are better forums to be members of online...

Uh..so answer me this, why would they recommend FF when FF blocks ads and pop-ups? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose? And FireFox is free, dip*censored*,

If asp and aspx works for him, what's the problem?

Posted on: 2010/11/29 08:37am

Want an example?

Poor people have poor ways, Erinlove.

~Another Erin

Posted on: 2010/11/29 01:06pm

I've no idea how you could defend the site's design. It's so haphazard, sloppy and badly-coded that you can barely tell where you are and what screen is supposed to be for which function. Often when I log in I can't tell if I'm looking at a new registration page, a members browser or what. There's nothing inherently wrong with .NET (hell, OkCupid is supposedly written in C, not a net-friendly language) but the whole POF site reeks of something that was started by an amateur and pieced together over time. Again, doesn't really make a difference since it's free and more or less functional, but I can think of a million massive security vulnerabilities just sitting here looking at it.

Posted on: 2011/01/11 08:58pm

As a man, I have experimented with this site. I used two accounts: one with my real pics and another with a random guy who was slightly chubby and not so attractive.

I received messages from a lot of single parent mothers whom where seemingly insecure on the profile with my own pic. I received a few messages from some fairly attractive girls who later stopped replying for whatever reason. I also received a message from someone outside the UK randomly telling me I was quote 'cute'. Random, but basically sums this site up: fantasy.
One thing I hated was that women seemed to complain about being sent just 'hi how are u?', yet when they sent me messages as a first time contact they nearly always said just hi and then used an emoticon such as Smile or Wink. Some even said things like 'hey gorgeous' or 'sexy', but they were few and far between I must admit. Still, the double standards of what women complain about on there and what some of he do rings true. I'm not saying men are better, but you know.

On the other account, I sent messages to all those I received things from on my account and received no responses.

I also selected a vast amount of women based on looks alone in the following catergories and used both accounts to send a blanket email-

Ugly, Average and Hot

The highest yield of responses in messages came from the hot section, whereas the average section there were literally none for both accounts. As you'd imagine, the ugly ones always responded.

My opinion is that the site is a joke and only good for wasting your time. I found the profiles of several women quite alarming and deluded, and I think some girls are only on there to flatter themselves. I never went on their looking for a date, and I warn any man with an ounce of self respect to treat that site as a training ground to hone your trolling skills and nothing more.

I made a fake female profile and suddenly realised how bad the men there are. My god, how do they keep up with sifting throught the whordes of purile pap they get sent day in day out??? As a man with a fairy decent pic I only got about 3 or 4 new messages a week, but it was easily 3 or 4 a minute with the female profile.

Moral of the story is the site is a sex pest's wet dream... or maybe a potential rapist/serial killer breeding program. STAY AWAY FROM IT IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT LOVE!!!

Peace out.

Posted on: 2011/01/28 11:15am

I find the forums at plenty of fish so heavily moderated that the norms rule. If you try to say anything that even tries to understand what is going on, they delete your post and reprimand you like a five year old. I wouldn't waste my time on those boring forums.

My experience using plenty of fish is that I got about a hundred replies, with maybe one or two with anything at all going for them, and when I answered them they didn't reply. The others who contacted me could easily be described as losers, one after the other with absolutely nothing going for them in intelligence, looks, height, or employment status. My confidence nosedived when some unemployed illiterate guy contacted me twice asking whether I had forgotten to reply to him.

All the professional guys don't want to know, even if they are old and nothing to look at and not that interesting and only a bit above average intelligence. I can guarantee that if I reply to them they will ignore me. Yet I am deluged by losers, who are surprised that I don't answer. I have even been turned down by guys who I don't particularly fancy who seemed slightly ok.

I suppose it was an enlightening experience, even if it made me feel ill. Maybe I learned something about myself and the way guys behave. Probably there aren't a lot of decent men on there anyway, and any who do have the tiniest thing going for them get deluged by the women.

Posted on: 2011/02/07 11:11pm

It is not the site that is the problem it is the jerks that are on the site.
There is one called ***** he has a wife, and his picture is not
even him. and he has some kind of red ugly looking sores on his
hands. So beware ladies and stay away from him. I did not post
his last name of his screen name but you can figure it out I am sure
The site is good and the monitoreds do a good job for the amount
of people they have to check on. So it you do not like the site
close your account and move on. There are always plenty of
fish in the see.

Keep up the good work.

Posted on: 2011/02/20 12:22am

If you are moronic enough to write the way you did in your post, misspellings, improper terminology, profanity, vulgarity, etc, I can see why they would delete your post immediately. That kind of writing should be reserved for the locker room and/or among friends, NOT used to address complete strangers. It's impolite, unprofessional, etc. The only women who approve of that kind of writing are pretty skanky, sleazy rednecks anyway.

It is

plentyoffish.com

Posted on: 2011/02/20 05:29am

I was on POF for a couple of years; however, dating wasn't the reason. I enjoyed the forum, in that one could post, reply, ect. However, the author here isn't kidding about anything.

If one makes a valid point that isn't even remotely liberal, then you're screwed socially. The place is quite literally loaded with liberal dirt bags with about as much sense as a bag of hammers. And quite frankly, ad hominum abuse is the typical response to anything logical.

And as far as dating any women there or any other site, it never cesed to amaze me how a woman will tell you that she has her career, home, children, and doesn't need a husband or father for her kids. Yet, she'll actually claim to be looking for a man??? I mean really; are they there to brag or simply display the ignorance of liberalism as a whole?

One woman actually had the morbid stupidity to think of the female sex as being a race, if you can believe that. Nevertheless, POF is extremely good at allowing one to get a real feel for what people are like when their persona isn't showing, and not a bad lesson learned for those who haven't figured out what one is yet.

Posted on: 2011/03/09 09:16am

I had a sickening experience on this website, in that someone I was seriously dating. i.e. we spent weekends together? started to fish for women on this site while I was sitting in his apartment. One time I was sitting beside him and saw him look ing at profiles. I finally got on the site and checked out his profile. No mention of the fact that he was in a relationship! I am afraid that there is much more of this, as the internet seems to be the perfect place to hide and cheat.

Also noticed that many men list kissing and physical intimacy in their hobbies. What is this? a dating website or an adult porn website? It's quite gross, really. Doesn't anyone believe in a little mystery, anymore?

And where did these people get their education? Is it 'their,' 'they're,' or 'there?' Apparently, they are interchangeable! Ok, enough! I am afraid to even check out the forums. I can only imagine the horrors that lurk there.

Re: PLENT OF FISH IE PLENTY OF RATS

Posted on: 2011/06/06 10:45am

Yep have to agree big mistake going on Plenty of FIsh you only met total tools who are only interested in sex and tells lies and lies to get it, check out dude called visicious criminal , what a tosser, what a wanker, if you are talking to him stop it and get a life of your own.

Posted on: 2011/09/02 12:12am

I joined POF some time ago, I find the forums a real laugh, haven't come across any real issues with the moderators. One of the rules before posting in POF forums is to do a search for a any postings with a similar theme. If there is, you are not meant to start a new thread but revise the old one. While this does avoid lots of duplicated threads, its also madness to sometimes have to flick thru' pages of old threads to find the most recent and most relevant.

I think you will find that most dating sites are used for just casual relationships, POF is no different.

Before i joined POF I recalled a tip I had read about joining dating sites. Set up a fake profile...wait for the massive amounts of generic messages -those who specifically target new profiles. Note user names, cancel fake profile, create new profile, immediately block all the generic messagers who target new profiles.

What I did, I set up an attractive female, married but looking for intimate encounters profile with no photo. Absolutely bombarded with messages from all sorts of men...those seeking dating, long term relationships, those previously marked as single but told me they were married, etc etc. Messages numbered in the hundreds.

I set up my real profile, and while I no where near model standard, I am on the slim side, I am reasonably attractive and posted genuine photos that did do me justice...to date I have received two messages....

Yeap all those men supposedly seeking a genuine long term relationship....not!

Posted on: 2011/09/07 07:49pm

I have found that many of the men on Plenty Of Fish have criminal records. They are felons and are the strangest people. Plenty of fish should make a policy because really as a woman, you never know who one is going to meet on here and it is very crazy..

Posted on: 2011/09/09 02:51pm

Dating sites that have too many women are just bad, stay away! I used to think it was the opposite and the sex dating sites that had too many men vs women were bad but they're actually pretty tolerant compared to the opposite like match.com and eharmony and POF where there are just way too many bitter, ANGRY, demanding women! They'll overwhelm you..consume you, stay away! It's easy to point out fakes on the other adult dating sites anyway and deal with that then deal with too many crazy women!

Posted on: 2011/09/24 12:17pm

-An overly obese and much older woman using her slim daughter's photos on her profile. -A schizophrenic girl who had multiple boyfriends, would lie to each, then tell them each about the others, causing the guys to argue over her; "Oh all these guys arguing over me". EGO -A broke, semi-homeless that was using a friend's pc to log on; she would quite often ask if the guy owned a house, -A very insecure woman who was asking guys she met off POF to "pay her bills" (literally) This is just a small selection of the women I have met from there. And they say it's always the guy's fault?

Posted on: 2011/11/20 10:50pm

I'm a pretty unique 23yr guy in comparison to the western image of a young male. Big Grin I've been on POF.com for roughly three years, I think I've been patient enough probably going to log off for good. Very few girls, look interesting & open minded (that I've seen). I want someone who's essentially classy, artsy, empathetic, ambitious, compassionate, laid back and open-minded. Can't seem to find anyone like that online or in person.
What can you do, right? Big Grin

Posted on: 2011/12/17 02:02pm

I was on POF for a while. I had a colleague who was on it too using the same computer.
We were both banned for creating false profiles..!!! This Marcus guy or his nonesensical half thought out program confused the two profiles and threw a wobbler.
While we were on, we noticed it was mainly the dregs of society who were there, and I've never seen so many Russia scammers anywhere!! You're right, it's free so what do you expect. You get what you pay for.
The advertisers don't see that side, they just see numbers so Marcus rakes in the cash. They don't realise that the bad name of the site reflects on them.
There are one or two really good sites out there that are properly run, which cope with the scammers and prove their effectiveness with results. They cost about £60 a year, but what's £60 when you're comparing the difference between a site that's getting all it's cash from advertising and a site that's getting most of it's cash from providing a proper and efficient service.
Have a look at some of the dating site comparison sites. You won't consider POF then!

Posted on: 2011/12/26 07:30pm

I subscribed to plenty of fish (unfortunately) it's a scam, majority of profiles are bogus. Do not recomend this site

Posted on: 2011/12/29 04:57pm

I agree that there are many fake profiles of men on there. I get a lot of men message me saying I said i wanted to meet them when this is not true,. POF makes up 'meet me' features to create interest. I live in the UK and I cannot for the life of me meet a genuine level headed guy who can spell or has no baggage. It''s a waste of my time to be honest, the ones who do get in touch and seem decent just send a few messages then they seem to miraculously disappear off the face of the earth, they still log on and have their profile but its like you never existed without any explanation as to why they dont keep in touch which makes me think these are fake profiles to keep you interested. Manners cost nothing even if its a polite thanks but you live too far away/not my type.

Posted on: 2012/02/24 01:44pm

just read this... going through the descriptions, I'm thinking , men treated like crap, women bossy etc, sounds just like canada, ( I lived there for 7 years) and get to the bottom, and VOILA.... it IS CANADA.... says it all.... thats what they're like there... women all start out cute but soon grow into 200 pound dykes with butch haircuts and steel rimmed glasses dressed in baggy beige. men either old style macho, or new resurrected man and get dominated by women. women are overly empowered there.. ... glad I got out in time...
paul m

Posted on: 2012/03/17 06:37pm

The forums do have issues, volunteer moderators have too much power, and there's no checks/balances system so that multiple mods have to approve a flagging.
On the other hand they re trying to deal with a setup where trolling is commonplace, and they are trying to maintain some semblance of civility.
Calling the founder a Nazi is going a bit far.
He simply is doing his best to implement a fully automated system instead of hiring a huge staff to try and keep a lid on things.
Personally I think many of the users don't understand the way the system works.
I am highly amused to see people who comment in their profile, &/or a forum posting that they don't get many messages, but have mail settings blocking most of the (seeking: )types.(minus only the one they have chosen to classify as).

In the English language the meanings of each word:
Dating, Activity partner, casual dating, long term dating, hanging out, friends, ... and the list goes on.... and on ....all cover a pretty wide range of real-life behaviors, and most relationships, go through most of these activities at one point or another.
The fact that POF Forces you to ONLY chose one of those things, is in itself rather obtuse as most people really are not bent on only trying to find a single type of relationship., and people usually have no problem with the idea of a person perusing friendship with one person, (activity partner(tennis) with another, pen-pal with another, and a more significant relationship with someone else. That certainly happens constantly in real life, why should a cyber-contact initiating program be so narrowly restricting?
OH!, I forgot, it's a DATING site, not a social site ... HERUMPH!!!!!

Posted on: 2012/03/19 03:52am

Well just to bring this post upto date.. POF are now charging £80.00 a year for the "viewed me" feature! So its not a 100% free site at all is it!

60+ pages of complaints in the forums under one mod imposed thread. The mods have closed all other threads on the subject with thier normal abusive manner and banned people who have been irrated by thier actions. If you wonder who these so call moderators are someone has posted a few of them on pofreaks.

Pof sucks now (more than it ever did in the past). The site has so many fake profiles on it, ever wondered why when you messaged someone you get the "message sent" screen come up but its never shown in your "sent message" screen????? Its because its a POF fake profile used to bolster up thier admin active members, one clue is that they always have proffesional shot pictures.

My advice, stay away...if you want to use a paid site, there are much better ones out there.

Posted on: 2012/08/14 01:28pm

I've been on and off POf a few time just hoping that things will get easier and that the attitues of memmers begin to improve.

I've never encountered such rudeness, nastyness and unplesentness fram any other site to that which I have whilst I've been on POF.

Girls on there just like to aim their anger at any genuine guy which plucks up the courage to message and has taken an interest in their profile.

It's certainly a site I won''t be recommending to any of my single friends.

Posted on: 2012/09/08 01:53am

POf can work - just ask the guys over at the bodybuilding forums who get tons of messages (hint hint)) Wink which.
contrary to what women say, consist of "how r u", "wanna chat" "ur hot". Do remember, these are the same ones women complain about!

The site is horrendously flooded with fake automated profiles.Photos ripped from model galleries, bikini shoots, magazine girls, even people's Facebook/Myspace profiles! Also, inactive profiles (that haven't been used for years) remain on the site to make it appear there are more members.Hint: NEVER message anyone with a blank "About me"..this is generally a fake profile created by scripts.

I used to work with a small bunch of women. In their lunch break, they would all sit and think of ways to write misleading profiles, then have a giggle over how many guys messaged them. I even overheard "This guy messaged me saying Hi...ewww creepy".

The forum is infested with a group of much older bitter women who are not active on the site, just the forum. They look at any opportunity to vent, abuse, flame, even slander members, and are "allowed to do so", because the moderators are probably scared (lol). Watch for "blueyedblonde" "WomanInProgress" and the queen of them "Gwendylon".

Oh and a "staff" member made threats to kill a person. Enough said.

Posted on: 2012/12/07 02:17pm

Quote by: Anonymous

The forum is infested with a group of much older bitter women who are not active on the site, just the forum. They look at any opportunity to vent, abuse, flame, even slander members, and are "allowed to do so", because the moderators are probably scared (lol). Watch for "blueyedblonde" "WomanInProgress" and the queen of them "Gwendylon".

You are absolutely on the mark about the man-bashing bias on the forum of Plenty-of-Fish. Those particular individuals are all part of a gang led by the current moderator, miss_allison.

These are very angry people who basically bully and rant with impunity. Anyone who challenges them have their posts deleted and their posting privileges revoked.

Gwendolyn is probably the worst of the lot as she is the quintessential self-aggrandizing "know it all" (who rarely if ever know anything) that bashes people and runs to hide behind the moderator.

WomanInProgress is a long-time member that constantly posts her usual propaganda. In the past, before the Forums were taken over by the chief man-hater miss_allison, her posts were challenged by members who were both respectful and willing to debate the issue at hand (usually a short-man hatred rant, or something similar). In those days, she will have to run and retreat when she was backed into a logical "corner". However, now it's just "their" way or get banned.

Miss_allison is the poster child of arrogance and self-righteousness. Have a look at her profile and you can come to your own decision as to why she she typifies the angry woman-in-denial who shouldn't have the powers that the site owner has given to her.

The site should be shut down since it is really a haven for frauds, freaks and man-bashing women. On the male member side, it's just a sleazy darkened beer garden full of predators and fakes.

If you are looking for real romance. GO ELSEWHERE.

Posted on: 2013/03/26 12:13pm

POF has worked for me. Sure you get the fakes but what dating site doesn't have fakes or even Facebook.

You just have to know how to spot a fake, it is pretty easy.

I have met plenty of babes on this site over the last 2 years. I prefer it much more than trying to pick up chicks at bars and clubs.

3 cheers for POF!!!

Posted on: 2013/03/29 02:45am
By: Jane1234

Oh my! I certainly don’t want to be a part of that! That is actually too much! We become members of boards to enjoy and mingle. Not to wage war against other people.

Posted on: 2013/04/15 02:58pm

“I like POF” must work for Plenty of fish. Who would cheer a dating site?

Plenty of fish is okay. It works but there is a lot of crap that goes with it. There are too many women on the dating site who think they are high and mighty and too good for anyone. You also have to deal with people trying to lead you to other sites so you can sign on there for a membership.

I find I like okcupid better. It is a little more intellectual which seems to keep the people who just want to hookup off the site. Too bad match.com bought them. I hope it doesn’t go downhill now.

Posted on: 2013/04/18 05:20am
By: Jane1234

I have seen this feedback quite a number of times about pof. Is it that bad? I mean why would several feedbacks pertain to one single negative aspect on the site? Not a good site if you would ask me. Seems intimidating.

Posted on: 2013/04/22 11:28am

Censorship at it's worst. The mods are out of control power mongers. Don't state an unpopular opinion. You will be banned. Fascists.

Posted on: 2013/07/05 06:47am

Guys...guys...guys.

The site really only caters for women...

That's why the raptors (aka femminiazis on the forums) can freely do what they want...as in attack members, and delete anyone that challenges their opinion.

Women are allowed to complain about the guys on the site, and say whatever they want, but if a guy says similar things about women on the site...oh, watch the sparks fly! Women will have no hesitance to attack THAT guy directly and defend the women.

Women will accuse guys of doing certain things, but then go and do it themselves! Why? because they are women, they are entitled to do that.

It's funny, the amount of women who complain about guys on the site and yet remain on there...

PS: A GGuy was there two years and no one was interested? Try NINE.

Posted on: 2013/08/08 12:22am

Yea you right,,It's like I ordered the number 4 off the chineese menu... banged 2 out of 4 twice and then they start telling me I make them feel like booty calls... hell... got em moist and they drove to my house! I did'nt even have to crank up my car! Oh... and they are not that kind of girl they say.. This has just been the last 10 days... I better watch out... they might flag me as a serial "not that kind of girl doer!"

The Dog Strikes again

Posted on: 2013/08/08 12:56am

Big Grin LOL I'm telling you guy's... there is tail to be harvested off this POF thing... off course there are chick players... just like there are dude players.. after all we are just after their tang... but what a tool you have, use it and use your typing skills... if you have any... most of u fkrs can't type anyway... talk *censored* to them with the keyboard and u will get the tang! Take a damn typing lesson or something... jazz em up with BS... textually make em w*t!

Posted on: 2013/10/02 05:22am

The same femminist ("raptors" as put previously) that attack members for complaining also patrol these kind of review sites, and will perform the same actions. There is also a certain ex-moderator who has frequented this board as well. Both will attack specific individuals who may have revealed truth about the site.

Posted on: 2013/10/02 07:15am

You know what one REAL big turn off with POF is? The women on there think they are all perfect! A lot of them will complain about the guys being awful, but then make them SELVES out to be flawless. At least I can admit I am not perfect or try to be.

The women on there also say one thing and do the opposite. Women who say "No shirtless pics" will still message shirtless pic profiles.

And have you noticed how many profiles ALL say the same thing? "Lookin for kind hearted man, looking for down to earth guy" "work hard and party harder" "lookin for a NICE guy"..

Posted on: 2013/12/08 11:34am

The Forums about sex and dating are just like the people that start them .... dumb and naïve or trolls.

The Forums about Science/Philosophy are filled with self righteous know it alls / deluded confused republicans / wishy washy democrats / Zealots of many faiths claiming to be open minded / a few intelligent scientists and lots of trolls.

The Poetry Forums are open and fun

The owner of the site and his bum lickin' moderators with their personal agendas to stop all criticism ... constructive or not .... will ban anyone with balls to confront their injustices. I'm banned until 2024 for telling them how stupid some of their autocratic changes were.

Now again the forums are very hard to find and not really so open to anyone at all.

Too bad .... the Poetry was fun.

Just about every moderator is an a**hole because they emulate Markus who is just a greedy capitalist geek.

Posted on: 2013/12/14 06:41am

i really really like pof and match but i think they cost too much. does anyone know of a site that is totally free and is really fun to use?

Posted on: 2013/12/26 06:33am

What an idiot that runs pof I've been banned from plenty of fish I paid money to join tried to log in then I couldn't I sent a message to the idiot that owns pof he said that I've been banned for life if you say to him can you provide real evidence for the reason that you were banned he just ignores your message then I said I want a refund and what a supprize he didn't answer my message I personally think that the owner is a thief who is just a wimp who hides from people who are real something should be done about him

Posted on: 2013/12/31 05:56pm

Has anyone ever met anyone through the forums? After reading a few interesting topics from a few people I have tried to contact them on the side and never have gotten anywhere.

Are the people who use the POF forums just there for the conversation??? It seems like no one wants to go on a date. Cry

Posted on: 2014/01/25 04:16pm

Don't know about the forums, but the experiences I've had meeting with the women who advertise their availability are truly disappointing - old photos, false claims about body type and age, and always the same, 'kind, considerate, compassionate, loving...blah, blah, blah' stereotypical blather in their personal descriptions, not to mention intelligence levels typically below an IQ of 100. But at least there's one good thing about the site - when you delete your profile you don't get any further spam from it, unlike sites like speeddate.com, or match.com. So I guess that's a 50/50.

Posted on: 2014/04/19 02:07am

I would sue POF, the whole Shabang. I've seen the dirty deeds done on pof . Date sites are going out of style , just a fad. Stand up. That would give him a chill they violated your first amendment rights . Fight back, screw anxiety, I myself love a good fight. Tee hee

Posted on: 2014/05/26 01:01am

Women do message certain men all the time. I get messages from quality women all day every day. The key is to write a good profile, one that is in depth and stands out. Women pay attention to this! Your profile info means just as much if not more than your pictures. You really have to stand out to be successful on a dating website.

Posted on: 2015/01/14 12:01pm

So twice in a week my profile was deleted for reasons that I can not figure out. I did not post any rude or vulgar pics, I did not post any email addresses, phone numbers or or non allowed information, just seems like out of the blue my account was deleted. AS for getting any answers from anyone forget it. I checked the rules and notice that one rule #8 in particular states "You will not post or transmit in any manner any contact information including but not limited to email addresses, "instant messenger" nicknames or contact information, telephone numbers, postal addresses, URLs, and full names through publicly posted information on the Website and through its Services." So my question then is how the hell you supposed to connect with anyone to meet them. Are you telling me especially for women they are supposed to just go meet someone somewhere without ever talking to them on the phone? That seems stupid. Anyway anyone else have any ideas as to why they randomly delete accounts?

Posted on: 2015/03/29 10:27pm

Seems like there is quite a few very bitter women haters here. Yes i am man. Anyway the forum link is no longer on the front page, also apparently all the mods left, there is now only one or two staff members doing it with some self moderation.

Posted on: 2015/04/17 05:45am

The person she is with you is not really her it’s an act to keep you because she’s desperate.
Good:In the beginning it was great, doing things, going places, had a lot of good times
Bad:The desperate and insecure will appear to be compatible with you but in reality they're the total opposite
Overall: People can easily pretend to be The One! You invest all your time and money thinking so. It's good to have family and friends looking out for you because they can see things that you can't
There are warning flags you should definitely pay attention to. Like be aware when you date a single divorced mother, some are real desperate and they'll change everything about themselves just to be with you. Her being an only child too made it more difficult for her to hide her narcissistic and spoiled personality away from my friends. On profile they look fun and in the beginning they are but after 8 months, she was anything but that. She was sad most of the time and was sad over nothing. Christmas and New Year was ruined because I wasted my time having to cheer her up. She said she lost the spirit of Christmas this year and is so terribly upset. So listen to your friends, you might be caught up in her web of lies but your friends care more about you than some girl you will ever meet on POF.

Posted on: 2015/05/16 03:13am

Online Dater
Your words have power. Life and death is in the power of the tongue! Proverbs 18:21 (Read
It). So you must be careful what you say. I need me a "GOOD" man, I need me a "GOOD"
woman. Many of us have recieved just that. A "GOOD" male or female not perfect but,
GOOD! You spoke it and it happened. Wether it worked out or not you spoke it and it
happened. So why the FRUSTRATION???

I am the ORGINAL poster concerning pof's forums are insane

Posted on: 2015/06/15 07:40am

Interesting that this post spawned 11 pages!

I have long given up on dating for many reasons. Plus the older you get as a man, the less you care about dating and all the crap that goes with it.

I think anyone that sees my post will get the idea that pof's forums are an invitation to be attacked or deleted if you are a man that doesn't bow to the women on the forums.

So maybe it is time to close this topic.

Thanks to all that wrote on this topic.

Richard

Posted on: 2015/06/16 11:24am

Don't sound like the most friendly of message boards, I never have tried plenty of fish. I just visited it and it doesn't really look that good. Of course that is my first impression Mr. Green

I have done the Forum thing a few times. It seems to me that the respondents are frequently antagonistic. Some years ago I posted something, and I was immediately accused of "attention seeking", and the thread was pulled. WTF?

Most of the "advice" consisted of personal criticisms. They go after your profile, your looks, misquotes. It's like walking into a shark tank.

Men sexualize you and other women sharpen their claws. Yeah I want this!

There was the odd exception of some truly kind and helpful people. But to me the Forum is an exemplar of bad Internet.

I gave up on POF when I realized that much of it - for me at least - involved abuse. I meet more men across the alley, too.

Posted on: 2015/06/29 03:52pm

There are no forum moderators anymore, unfortunately. I know that many mods there abused their power but now anyone can anonymously have you removed from the forums AND the website, isp banned, for no reason whatsoever, just by making a certain number of complaints--it's an autoban.

Whoever said in this thread that most of the forum men are combative (even towards women!) and the forum ladies sharpen their claws on each other (or men they consider undesirable and therefore fair game) hit it right on. It is no wonder that if you were a member of PoF you would never know that the site even had forums because you cannot log in off of your profile. Markus (the owner) doesn't want to scare away the fish who might actually pay to support the site, he is allowing the forums to self destruct slowly without fanfare on another server.

After two years, when I decided to bail from PoF altogether, I messaged those people whom I wanted to stay in contact with and gave them my offsite email. I actually lucked out in that one gent I'd just started chatting with and I kept in touch then started a relationship. THAT is very rare there, believe me. PoF is a hookup and sex site and frankly, does a terrible job of even that.

Why did I join in the first place? At the time I logged in i thought it was a Christian site due to the name. I found the forums because at that time they were attached to the login page and were actually not bad. My first few "dating" queries brought me to reality though--definitely not a Christian site---so I hid my profile but continued, off and on, in the forums.

If I had logged in the first time today and not two years ago, I would bail back out of there immediately---don't bother with either the forums or the site, it is a total waste of time--they even limit the age range of people you can contact.

Posted on: 2015/06/29 03:58pm

...and to add to the above, yes it is a "free" site but for most of the time I was there i was a paid member. It just wasn't worth it.

Posted on: 2015/08/08 08:41pm

this site is terrible... i met a guy on there and we chatted for 2 weeks before arranging to meet... the night before he said he couldn't wait but then left me waiting with nothing on the day.... I'm guessing a lot of people have girlfriends already but are bored and when it comes to the crunch they can't follow through... just a bunch of jerks....

Posted on: 2015/10/04 11:51am

engineeringgirl 53 was the love of my life for three months until i discovered she had been on plenty of fish with three other guys

nature_philosopher....grogen...schmatzi looking for action!

Guys stay away from this one. She is a player.

Lise works as a civilian on the airforce base in comox b.c.

She has removed the pictures I took of her and posted there, but she just may pop up again as the same or different username.

Just be very aware guys. I thought she was a keeper. duh!

What are the women on dating sites really looking for ?

Posted on: 2016/01/25 10:32pm

There are men out here that enjoy movies, dinner, theater, plays, long walks, have a wealth of family and friends, are extroverts, love children, have an excellent sense of humor and much more. Way more. We can do EVERYTHING you post that you're looking for. But lets be honest, You're looking for a GQ model with Trump money and a Zac Efron body. Well, let me tell you a fact. The man you're looking for ..... is looking for the same man you are.

Be truthful. Some of you have been on dating sites for years. Either you are on this site for sex (now that you've hit your second peak), are a professional dater or were so emotionally and physically abused, you don't want to give another man a chance. That's two bad. You women who don't post pictures are the majority that don't even respond. What's up with that ?

Personally, I cook, have a clean home, shop, shave, have my own business, am a member of many organizations, am an admired community member and an outstanding father and grandfather, but you'd never know, because you're stuck on yourselves.

one of the good ones

Posted on: 2016/03/20 10:40pm

I'm so tired of hearing guys wine about online dating when there are so many wacky guys on these sites! Do not try to talk to or date this guy on POF - he will just lead you on, then ask you to meet him - 50minutes away nonetheless, then not show up! Then he will text you the next day and make fun of you for it (??) saying hey get over it. Who the hell am I even speaking to on POF - all the profiles are FAKE! I'm a single mom that works hard for a living and I'm a cool chill chic. What a waste of my time.

stay away from this one!!

POF is a dictatorship!

Posted on: 2016/07/11 04:53am

POF acts like a dictatorship and decides how people should or shouldn't date, what they should or shouldn't say, how they should or shouldn't act. Right on the website, it dictates what "definition" of love is and, if you don't agree with his criteria, you will never love or be loved (according to them). The worst part is that they delete profiles for no legitimate reason. If you put a "list of standards" on your profile, he will ban you because, according to POF, females should date any loser there is and can't be "rude". But guess what! If a female is going to be a hoe on her profile and doesn't describe her standards, she will be getting tons of sexual harassment messages from dudes who are rude and just want to get laid! You want to have a successful man with a good job?! Nope, can't put that on your profile either coz then POF will ban you for being "rude"! According to them, you MUST date any bum there is! And I know what you are thinking "well if this girl was getting tons of sexual harassment or rude messages why just not block them?" NOPE NOPE and again NOPE! If you block too many people then they block you back and, once you've been blocked by a certain number of users, guess what? You'll be BANNED!! Also, you might be thinking "well if this girl doesn't like Hispanics, just ignore them". NOPE!! If you ignore those dudes most of the time they block you and, once too many of them block you, you'll be BANNED again!!! Nice huh?!

Posted on: 2016/07/11 05:00am

So twice in a week my profile was deleted for reasons that I can not figure out. I did not post any rude or vulgar pics, I did not post any email addresses, phone numbers or or non allowed information, just seems like out of the blue my account was deleted. AS for getting any answers from anyone forget it. I checked the rules and notice that one rule #8 in particular states "You will not post or transmit in any manner any contact information including but not limited to email addresses, "instant messenger" nicknames or contact information, telephone numbers, postal addresses, URLs, and full names through publicly posted information on the Website and through its Services." So my question then is how the hell you supposed to connect with anyone to meet them. Are you telling me especially for women they are supposed to just go meet someone somewhere without ever talking to them on the phone? That seems stupid. Anyway anyone else have any ideas as to why they randomly delete accounts?

It's says THROUGH PUBLICLY POSTED INFORMATION, meaning forums and other posts that everyone can see

Posted on: 2016/07/11 05:03am

One of the reasons this POF deletes your account is when too many users block you. Those can easily be people that you simply ignore, which makes them angry and they block you

Posted on: 2016/12/23 11:16am

POF is just a play site. Most people consider it little more than a sex site. Mostly what you have is a small pool of people taking turns "dating" each other. Women on the site are mostly looking for the guy a few notches above them. I'm sure for guys who enter the site thinking it's a dating site it can be quite frustrating. However, if you focus on women a few notches below yourself you can play there with quite some time. If you're looking for a reasonably equal match, you're wasting your time. It's a play site ... play. It's a fantasy land where BS is king.

And yes, quite a few women there are just looking for sex, except they need it wrapped in a pretty bow.

I am really surprised to read that pof is "a little more than a sex site". I would think it depends what you are looking for. I would say if you look at the surface, that is what you will get..... no depth, just a beautiful person on the outside. Maybe it depends on the age also? I can't see the profiles of women, being a woman, but I have heard "funny" things.
Don't give up.....
By the way, pof is no better or worse than Match, Zoosk, Elite Singles (this last one I think it is a complete bs)

Posted on: 2017/03/29 02:26pm

I have been trying to delete my account with plenty of fish for a long time I cannot make that happen. I have been getting emails from women saying they have paid for my information to a marriage broker and would like to start a relationship . I believe plenty of fish has sold my information and now I cannot get off this website. After a lot of my time to drive down phone numbers or email numbers I got a hold of a call centre with a bunch of foreigners at it and is soon as I say I want to delete my account they hung up on me on four different occasions. They claim they have the most users on their website out of all the dating sites and I believe it's because they do not let anybody in raise their account. If this wasn't legitimate dating site they would have very easy access to talk to a customer service representative to help out their users. All of their contact information I have been able to find has not brought me the ability to contact anybody in regards to this issue.

Posted on: 2017/04/19 02:44am

I've just been informed by POF that even the basic service that I subscribed to is now only accessible if you upgrade (more money). Simply charlatans. AVOID. Daniel

Posted on: 2017/07/06 02:11pm

They have no customer support, emails responds with canned response, phone numbers go to recordings.

Posted on: 2017/09/08 08:46pm

Yeah pof is a joke!!!From my expierence... 80 percent of the women on there are hookers or scam artists.And the women who are real are mostly game players just on there for attention because they don't get it in real life.It's def a waste of time.

Posted on: 2017/12/21 06:56pm

A dating site will be thought of well if somebody meets somebody,if they don't then they blame the site,they are all basically the same with the same people

Posted on: 2017/12/29 10:25pm

I've been on and off POF since 2011, haven't had a single date, and only a couple of responses that went nowhere fast. I've been thinking I was doing something wrong all this time, but no, the women on POF are just unrealistic daydreamers, waiting for a Calvin Klein model to sweep them off their feet. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Brad Pitt, but I'm not fat and ugly either. I'm done with that crap.

Posted on: 2018/11/13 09:00pm

Quote by: MiracleJohn

Hi my dear I am Miracle
please contact me through my email address ( <snip> ) i will send you more my pictures and my information for us to know more about each other batter.
Thanks

Sheesh now PoF scammers are even on other forums.

Posted on: 2018/11/27 04:16am
By: HelenJ

Want an example?

I also consider that some men can be so rude and impolite that it can really hurt a woman's feelings. We are so fragile, all we need is a little of attention and patience - the keys to have a successful woman.

Posted on: 2018/11/29 12:09pm

I´ve been on this site for a few months now and, it caught my attention when some ladies "apparently" were interested in me but nothing really went farther than a hello or a couple of lines... About 3 days ago, I decided to write to a lady asking her if she really had any interest in me, and quoted that I wanted to know because I was suspìcious about the moderator was sending those messages to make me buy the subscription, etc etc, so, what happens next: my account has been deleted! A real scammer behind all that. I am glad I am out. Big Grin

Posted on: 2019/03/26 04:18pm

just for a matter of interest.
wondered if anyone experienced an issue with pof?
shows online when not.
shows messages as replied when not replied.

dont want to post on pof as will get dodgy answers

Posted on: 2019/04/12 07:07pm

Hey everyone i just deleted my profile due to extra amounts of escort service girls looking too hook up the reason for a dating site is to meet people and connect not be bombarded with escorts they need to seriously consider monitoring there users because iv blocked probably 12 or 15 of them

Posted on: 2019/05/18 05:57am

POF finally closed the forums this week.

The forums on plentyoffish.com are literally insane

Posted on: 2019/05/29 02:39pm

I was never a POF Forum moderator.

Posted on: 2019/05/29 05:40pm
By: Editor

For those interested see this forum topic about the POF forum closure.

Posted on: 2019/05/31 01:07pm

I was never a POF Forum moderator.

So, Båtman, tell us, how did you manipulate your posts then? What you did was only available to moderators and authorized event hosts. So one of those two, or you hacked the forums.

Come on, you do not have to worry about being kicked out of the POF forums. You do not have to worry about others using it in the forums thus eliminating your uniqueness. The POF forums are going to go POOF any day now.

Posted on: 2019/06/28 02:25pm

This is what I've noticed. About 3 % of the women are truly looking for love. Judging on looks alone … just looks, 5 % shouldn't have to be on this site. They are that beautiful. They MUST be difficult to be around. 50% are professional daters. They just want to get a free meal, or movie and then go on to another guy. 10% don't fill out their profile … "Just ask', 'I'll fill this in later". That leaves 32% who are on this site and never reply because they are curious to see if "they can still attract a man". 100% are looking for a Billionaire with Clooney looks and Rambo muscles.
Just my observation.

Dating Sites Reviews - Forum
https://www.datingsitesreviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=2651