Online Dating & Relationships Forums

lumen app for over 50s daters but is it any good?

jim

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

still no idea about the costs for lumen ... as clear as mud

Standard users are only given five free new conversations every day. If you want to exceed the five, you can opt to upgrade to premium. Lumen premium will not give you unlimited conversations. It only gives you a few extra conversations every day.

Premium also gives you the privilege to access the list of people who have added you to their favourites. Keeping conversations can last for three days for those who have upgraded their membership. If you want to upgrade your account, both the Apple Store and the Play Store offer in-app purchases for the subscription plans.

The cost for its subscription is a bit confusing though. In the app itself, you will not find a list of its prices, but its FAQs section suggests that there are different premium plans for the app.

no way i am giving my card details to date sites as you cant get rid of them once they have your card details

Ano

Anonymous

its recently launched but only time will tell if its scammer free ..and feedback yet ??

tinder for seniors it is claimed

A total waste of time

George

Anonymous
I've really liked Lumen. I am 62 and have found plenty of women on this dating site. I live in Florida, maybe it is different where you are from.

From my experience be yourself in your messages and post lots of pictures.
Ourtime.com

Due Diligence

Anonymous
blah

its recently launched but only time will tell if its scammer free ..and feedback yet ??

tinder for seniors it is claimed

Hey there, we take user safety very seriously, we photo verify every single one of our users to prevent fake profiles and scammers.

I call BS.....people that run dating sites are the worst scammers of all. You barely do anything as it is for the money you steal from people with automatic renewal set ups. No other business takes your money and has no way to directly contact customer service.

You hide behind ToS that are not legal in most areas and use an email system to avoid directly answering to your customers.

Plus you prey on people that are lost without love and have the ethics of despot.

Amílcar

Anonymous
I believe lumen is a bunch of bullsit. Profiles are fake and it's a terrible setup

Amílcar

Anonymous
Lumen is fake . I have written to many women asking them if there real or not not one has answered back. Even thought there logged in at the time I send the message the still don't reply. This lumen is all about scam to make you upgrade to the same lies.
Ourtime.com

Bobbie

Anonymous
Joined and found it easy to use, easy to upload information (although I get nervous when they all want access to everything in your phone. You can swipe through your "matches," receive & reply messages in the free version, & pass on or block messages or profiles.

Signed up for the free version to start. The only parameters that are select-able are age & distance. You need to pay for more options. At my age & being female, I am just more comfortable dating people of my Caucasian ethnicity. I live in the LA area - BIG pool of people. After two weeks I was given about 50 people. 40% of them were African American, another 40% were Hispanic with the profiles written in Spanish. Unfortunately I don't speak it. I wrote customer service asking for the possibility of getting marches written in English only. No response. 10% appeared to be looking for companion-caregivers - "I'm on disability, have medical issues, take medications, use a walker, & would like to meet someone to be with"..... actual profile.

I communicated with 2 potentials that didn't go further. Two out of 50+ - in LA. Now when I log on I'm told there is no one in my area. Not impressed.

KA

Anonymous
sick
Is their any possible way any of these online site review really tell the truth not sure what to use just dumped elitesingles rip off and 90% scammers 70% no pic! Of the person really ? What is wrong with online world at a loss for trusting anysite

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:04 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content