Subject: lumen app for over 50s daters but is it any good?

Posted on: 2018/10/06 09:15am
By: Anonymous

its recently launched but only time will tell if its scammer free ..and feedback yet ??

tinder for seniors it is claimed

Re: lumen app for over 50s daters but is it any good?

Posted on: 2018/10/08 11:15am

terms and conditions shows no way to delete your profile

Frequently Asked Questions

Here you’ll find answers to some of the common questions about Lumen. If you’re still stuck, do please get in contact.
How do I join Lumen?

To be a member of the Lumen community, you must complete the registration process. This is designed to ensure that every user has a good quality profile and has proven they are who they say they are.

We understand that this takes a small time commitment, but we are committed to finding you the best matches, as well as providing a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our members.

I’m under 50 years old. Why can’t I use Lumen?

Our app is designed specifically for people over 50 to meet other singles of the same age.

While there are other services available which encourage ‘sugar daddy’ or ‘cougar’ relationships, this isn’t one of those apps. Once you turn 50 you are more than welcome to join our like-minded community.

Will people outside Lumen see my information?

Absolutely not. Your privacy is extremely important to us and we store all data on Lumen securely. For more information - see our Privacy Policy
Why do I have to enter my phone number or connect my Facebook?

By linking accounts to either Facebook or a specific phone, we ensure that people are not creating lots of accounts, and that there are no fake profiles. It also makes it easier for you to find and sign in to your account.
Why didn’t I receive the confirmation code?

Sometimes it takes up to 45 seconds for the text to come through. If it doesn't, please check the number is correct. Any abbreviation of the number is fine, i.e. with the country code (+44) or just starting with ‘0’. If you are still having problems please contact us: support@lumenapp.com
Should I put my real name?

Yes, definitely. Lumen is an honest space, and it’s important that you portray the real you to potential connections, to avoid awkward questions later. Remember, only people registered on Lumen will be able to see your details, so there’s no need to worry about putting your name up on the service.
What should I say in the ‘About me’ section?

We want to have people on the app - not just profiles! So use this section to help other Lumen members to understand your personality. You can talk about what is most important in your life and how you like to spend your time. What would be the kind of things you would tell someone on a first date? What would you want to know about other people in order to decide if you like them?
Why do I need to upload at least 3 photos?

We want all the profiles on Lumen to be good quality, and a part of that is showing other singles what you look like in real life. Think about it - if you met someone in a bar, or at an event, you’d know what they look like before you started talking. Our data shows that the more photos you include on your profile, the more likely someone is to send you a message.

What kind of photos should I upload?

A good quality photo is one where you are alone, and people can clearly see your face (so no sunglasses!). We require at least one photo like this, and we would recommend also including at least one photo where your full body is visible. Make sure you use recent images, which realistically represent you. We don’t mind if you add a few group photos or pictures which include your family, but every photo must have you in it, otherwise we will remove it.
Why has my photo been deleted?

If you don’t appear in one of your photos, or if it breaks the rules outlined in our Terms & Conditions, we will remove it from Lumen. We want to make sure profiles are of a high quality so people can easily find who they are looking for.
Why do I need to photo verify?

Every single member of Lumen has gone through ‘photo verification’. In this process, a member of our staff will compare the photos you have uploaded with a ‘selfie’ which you take during registration. This is to ensure that you do look like your photos and to prevent anyone creating fake profiles on our platform. Don’t worry - this selfie will never be visible to other members so you don’t need to be looking your best.
I’m having problems with photo verification, what do I do?

If your verification photo is rejected it might be due to the following reasons:

Your face is not clearly visible.

The entire gesture is not shown in the photo you take.

The photo is too dark, too light or too blurry.

The gesture doesn't match the gesture we showed you in our example.

Please contact us on support@lumenapp.com if you are unable to pass the photo verification and none of the above reasons apply.

What does the coloured dot next to a member’s name mean?

Coloured dots inside your connections menu indicate the online status of the user. Green dot means that the person is now online, and orange dot means the person was online recently. You can't change your profile status from green to orange yourself as this happens automatically.
Can I change my location?

Your location is generated automatically by your phone, so it cannot be altered.
Where can I report abusive behaviour?

If you find someone’s behaviour towards you or their language abusive, please let us know by clicking on the icon in the top right corner on their profile page, select 'Report' and choose the reason.
How can I block a user?

To block a user, please visit their profile, select the icon in the top right corner of their profile and select 'Block'. Please note that blocking a user will stop their messages from reaching you, but the user will still be able to view your profile.

Posted on: 2018/10/10 05:45am

i emailed them to ask how if i want to delete my account and photos and if there are any fees but didnt receive a reply or explanation...

Posted on: 2018/11/15 06:45am

Joined Lumen recently and was promised that messages sent to women will be answer and replied within 72 hour , this did not happen.
So i sent email to ask why , and they reply a basic message all is fine with my membership.
Then recieved a second email that followed say that members have reported that my profile is inacurate and they are now blocking me. ???????
Strange behaviour from Lumen to be rudly acting in this way.
May be the answer is more the fact that they were trying to sell me paid upgraded membership which i was not keen to do so when there promises were broken, about replies within 72 hours as a selling point.

Posted on: 2018/11/16 07:18am

you cant find out how many potential women are in your area and they dont appear to know when i asked them so i didnt complete membership ..as i fear another useless dating site with all my details and later demands for CC details

Posted on: 2019/01/21 10:58am

Quote by: Anonymous

its recently launched but only time will tell if its scammer free ..and feedback yet ??

Hey there, we take user safety very seriously, we photo verify every single one of our users to prevent fake profiles and scammers.

Posted on: 2019/01/21 11:02am

i emailed them to ask how if i want to delete my account and photos and if there are any fees but didnt receive a reply or explanation...

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear this, we aim to respond to every email within 12 hours! Please can you check that you entered your contact email address correctly - so that we could get back to you? Please try email us again at support@lumenapp.com and if still unsuccessful you can contact us on Facebook.

You can delete your profile from the settings page and Lumen is free to use. You can start six conversations every day and view any profile within Discover.

Posted on: 2019/01/21 11:07am

Joined Lumen recently and was promised that messages sent to women will be answer and replied within 72 hour , this did not happen.
So i sent email to ask why , and they reply a basic message all is fine with my membership.
Then recieved a second email that followed say that members have reported that my profile is inacurate and they are now blocking me. ???????
Strange behaviour from Lumen to be rudly acting in this way.
May be the answer is more the fact that they were trying to sell me paid upgraded membership which i was not keen to do so when there promises were broken, about replies within 72 hours as a selling point.

Hey there, we do not promise that all messages will be answered and replied to within 72 hours. We give users a 72 hour time frame to respond to the initial message to help prevent users not replying to others and just collecting messages.

We investigate every report before making a decision like this. We would never arbitrarily block a user from our platform, and we take matters like these very seriously. If you would like us to look into this please contact us at support@lumenapp.com and we will be happy to do so.

Posted on: 2019/01/21 11:11am

you cant find out how many potential women are in your area and they dont appear to know when i asked them so i didnt complete membership ..as i fear another useless dating site with all my details and later demands for CC details

Hey there, we have over 200,000 members on Lumen and over 3000 joining every single day - we really hope you will meet someone special. The privacy of our users is so important to us and we would never breach this. We also do not ask you to pay later, you can use Lumen for free as long as you so wish. I hope this helps!

Posted on: 2019/01/22 10:20pm

I get tired of being the iniator...Lumen will send a message at night saying you have 6 free conversations. Then when you swipe looking, you have to go through all profiles from close to home to hundreds of miles away before getting back to the ones close by. You are supposed to submit 3 photos.. so many have only one and hardly anything about them I guess this is why it’s a free app

Posted on: 2019/01/23 09:33am

all dating sites should have a local search right from the outset as whats the point of searching for partners that turn up 100s of miles away .POF has this feature

sites with few members wont have this feature to cover up their lack of members and get your money anyways and leave you with no dates

Posted on: 2019/02/01 04:27am

I joined Lumen a few months ago and everything was going well, now all of a sudden there sending me men from miles away WHY ????
That’s no good for me don’t want to meet anyone miles away!! And I can’t get in touch to tell them that !!

Posted on: 2019/02/05 01:19pm

Yes they keep sending me guys from Alberta I live in vancouvet bc
Whst good does Alberta do for me

Posted on: 2019/02/13 03:43am

New to this site but proving useless in terms of matches too far away to form a relationship. If you can select age why not distance

Posted on: 2019/03/08 03:14pm

Agreed with Bill, complete waste of time as no one within 100 miles of me

Posted on: 2019/03/27 08:32am

Started looking at potential matches. Got to the end, can't look again at any of them. Changing search criteria only gets older matches. One time view? can't endorse anyone paying to join

Posted on: 2019/04/05 12:18am

I have been trying to remove my credit card number off of the 1 week free trail favorites subscription. I have tried to find a contact number and has no luck. How do I do this?

Posted on: 2019/04/12 11:56am

Hey there, Lumen is free to use and always will be. You can start six conversations a day, view and respond to any message that you receive and view any profile within Discover. We don't have an exact number within each area but we already have half a million members on Lumen and we're growing every day.

Posted on: 2019/04/12 11:57am

Hey there, Lumen is free to use and always will be. You can start six conversations a day, view and respond to any message that you receive and view any profile within Discover. We don't have an exact number within each area but we already have half a million members on Lumen and we're growing every day.

Posted on: 2019/04/12 11:59am

I have been trying to remove my credit card number off of the 1 week free trail favorites subscription. I have tried to find a contact number and has no luck. How do I do this?

Hey there,

Cancellation steps vary depending on the device you have.

To cancel your Lumen Premium subscription via Google Play, just follow these simple steps:

Open the Google Play Store app
Tap Menu - My Apps - Subscriptions
Click on the Lumen Premium subscription
Select 'Cancel' and click on 'Yes' to confirm the cancellation

To cancel your Lumen Premium subscription via iTunes, just follow these simple steps:

Go to Settings - iTunes & App Store
Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen
Tap "View Apple ID" (You may need to sign in or use Touch or Face ID)
Tap "Subscriptions"
Tap the Lumen Premium subscription that you'd like to manage (If you don't see a subscription here, make sure that you're signed in with the correct Apple ID.)
Tap "Cancel Subscription" to cancel your subscription.

Posted on: 2019/04/12 12:01pm

Started looking at potential matches. Got to the end, can't look again at any of them. Changing search criteria only gets older matches. One time view? can't endorse anyone paying to join

Hey there, we implemented this as we had feedback from users that they did not want to see the same profiles again. We'll let our Product Team know that this is something you would like to see.

Posted on: 2019/04/12 12:03pm

New to this site but proving useless in terms of matches too far away to form a relationship. If you can select age why not distance

Hey there, you can now select a distance criteria. We hope you enjoy!

Posted on: 2019/04/12 12:05pm

Agreed with Bill, complete waste of time as no one within 100 miles of me

Hey Sue, we have thousands of users joining Lumen every day and we really hope more join your area very soon!

Posted on: 2019/04/12 12:13pm

Yes they keep sending me guys from Alberta I live in vancouvet bc
Whst good does Alberta do for me

Hey there, you now have the ability to use distance filters, which means you can see people within your area!

Posted on: 2019/04/12 12:14pm

I joined Lumen a few months ago and everything was going well, now all of a sudden there sending me men from miles away WHY ????
That’s no good for me don’t want to meet anyone miles away!! And I can’t get in touch to tell them that !!

Hey there, Lumen now has distance filters which means you can see people within your area!

Posted on: 2019/04/12 12:20pm

all dating sites should have a local search right from the outset as whats the point of searching for partners that turn up 100s of miles away .POF has this feature

sites with few members wont have this feature to cover up their lack of members and get your money anyways and leave you with no dates

Hey there, we have a distance filters now, which means you'll be able to search for users in your area!

Posted on: 2019/04/14 03:17am

Well I have tried several dating apps all paid ones . This was a first for me although up to date I haven't been successful but you know what its good..

It's all true the verification and the actual set up is good and it's free no hassles to up grade either and it does what it says on the tin ... So well done I like the verification and think it's a great idea for the over 50s men seen alot more genuine on there which has totally surprised me . I always said I wouldn't go on a unpaid site but this is different.

The only negative I've found so far is I feel a lot of the members don't use it any more as I've been monitoring it out of crurousity ...And there profile is still up and running I think a last been on site date maybe useful

There is a way round that I feel as the site could delete a person's profile if its not been in use for a week ?? Yes I know what your going to say maybe people are sick or away on holiday but it's free to register so ?
just a suggestion give it a go well done lumen!

Posted on: 2019/04/16 08:06am

it needs to let you check when they were last online so you can weed out dead accounts ..all sites have this problem of dead accounts

Posted on: 2019/04/28 07:34am

Useless. Cannot get access to pay, or look at messages or favourites. Do not pay!

Posted on: 2019/05/06 10:57pm

Hey there, we implemented this as we had feedback from users that they did not want to see the same profiles again. We'll let our Product Team know that this is something you would like to see.

Why does the site have matches 100's of miles from each other? People prefer others in reasonable proximity.

Posted on: 2019/05/08 06:49am

I've used a few other sites and after 2 days I have met 2 ppl which is more than another site which is paid only in 2 months.
So far I really like it. I do wish it wasn't just an app.

Posted on: 2019/05/08 08:40am

still no idea about the costs for lumen ... as clear as mud

Standard users are only given five free new conversations every day. If you want to exceed the five, you can opt to upgrade to premium. Lumen premium will not give you unlimited conversations. It only gives you a few extra conversations every day.

Premium also gives you the privilege to access the list of people who have added you to their favourites. Keeping conversations can last for three days for those who have upgraded their membership. If you want to upgrade your account, both the Apple Store and the Play Store offer in-app purchases for the subscription plans.

The cost for its subscription is a bit confusing though. In the app itself, you will not find a list of its prices, but its FAQs section suggests that there are different premium plans for the app.

Posted on: 2019/06/17 07:05am

Hi, I don't want to view profiles of men more than 100 miles away.
I want to be able to filter age and location before I even look at the matches available, can I do this?
I am not looking for a long distance email relationship with an 80 year old!
Just someone honest a short drive away, in my local area!
Helen

cancel

Posted on: 2019/06/25 04:21pm

I am trying to delete and cancel my profile and it will not let me. Tried sending several emails, without success.

Someone please help.

I need step by step instructions to cancel. I tried and am not able to in my app store, or in the app itself.

I do not want my profile on Lumen.

Posted on: 2019/06/25 09:06pm

Laura, I am not sure if you are talking about a paid subscription or just removing your profile from the app.

Most dating apps allow you to disable your profile. You should be able to find it in the settings of the app. Depending on the terms of Lumen they may only allow you to disable it and not delete. If you can delete check your settings. Most services hide it right at the bottom of the settings page so most do not see it.

Posted on: 2019/06/27 06:17am

Nope, don’t touch it, I paid to upgrade subscription for a 3 month period $74.99 , but Lumen will not honour the payment and I have no access to what I paid for. Countless emails to Lumen abs they come back with the same request, I send them the emails from apple confirming my payment but still no access. DO NOT GO NEAR LUMEN, SCAM APP

Posted on: 2019/07/01 06:23pm

If you're an honest up front company then post a phone number for customer service. No other industry hides behind ToS like dating apps. You want our money but offer no real customer service in return. Amazon doesn't do this, car companies, shoot even slimy insurance companies offer a customer service number. We are over 50 and expect quality. Start with yourselves and then we can talk money. I don't trust a company I can't contact.

Posted on: 2019/07/01 06:25pm

Nope, don’t touch it, I paid to upgrade subscription for a 3 month period $74.99 , but Lumen will not honour the payment and I have no access to what I paid for. Countless emails to Lumen abs they come back with the same request, I send them the emails from apple confirming my payment but still no access. DO NOT GO NEAR LUMEN, SCAM APP

Like I've said elsewhere. Want my money? Provide a legitimate phone number. No other industry gets away with the poor customer service that dating apps don't provide. What other company would you give your money that won't respond up front with contact info.

Posted on: 2019/07/01 06:35pm

I've used a few other sites and after 2 days I have met 2 ppl which is more than another site which is paid only in 2 months.

Cinderella laws apply. After about a week the newness wears off and back to same old same old.

Problem is that it's a woman's world in dating apps. Odds are at a minimum 17 to 1 men to women. I had a female friend show me she had 2500+ emails in a single week. They can treat men like crap and just move on.

Posted on: 2019/07/02 04:00am

Cinderella laws apply. After about a week the newness wears off and back to same old same old.

Problem is that it's a woman's world in dating apps. Odds are at a minimum 17 to 1 men to women. I had a female friend show me she had 2500+ emails in a single week. They can treat men like crap and just move on.

see all the complaints from guys about POF women ..all are on benefits trying to find a sucker to pay their bills ..really sad that in face to face you would not go near them .

Posted on: 2019/07/03 07:48am

still no idea about the costs for lumen ... as clear as mud

Standard users are only given five free new conversations every day. If you want to exceed the five, you can opt to upgrade to premium. Lumen premium will not give you unlimited conversations. It only gives you a few extra conversations every day.

Premium also gives you the privilege to access the list of people who have added you to their favourites. Keeping conversations can last for three days for those who have upgraded their membership. If you want to upgrade your account, both the Apple Store and the Play Store offer in-app purchases for the subscription plans.

The cost for its subscription is a bit confusing though. In the app itself, you will not find a list of its prices, but its FAQs section suggests that there are different premium plans for the app.

no way i am giving my card details to date sites as you cant get rid of them once they have your card details

Posted on: 2019/07/07 04:28pm

A total waste of time

Posted on: 2019/07/07 05:00pm

I've really liked Lumen. I am 62 and have found plenty of women on this dating site. I live in Florida, maybe it is different where you are from.

From my experience be yourself in your messages and post lots of pictures.

Posted on: 2019/07/07 06:56pm

Hey there, we take user safety very seriously, we photo verify every single one of our users to prevent fake profiles and scammers.

I call BS.....people that run dating sites are the worst scammers of all. You barely do anything as it is for the money you steal from people with automatic renewal set ups. No other business takes your money and has no way to directly contact customer service.

You hide behind ToS that are not legal in most areas and use an email system to avoid directly answering to your customers.

Plus you prey on people that are lost without love and have the ethics of despot.

Posted on: 2019/07/13 11:34am

I believe lumen is a bunch of bullsit. Profiles are fake and it's a terrible setup

Posted on: 2019/07/13 11:39am

Lumen is fake . I have written to many women asking them if there real or not not one has answered back. Even thought there logged in at the time I send the message the still don't reply. This lumen is all about scam to make you upgrade to the same lies.

Dating Sites Reviews - Forum
https://www.datingsitesreviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=16000