Online Dating & Relationships Forums

lumen app for over 50s daters but is it any good?

Lumen

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

Started looking at potential matches. Got to the end, can't look again at any of them. Changing search criteria only gets older matches. One time view? can't endorse anyone paying to join

Hey there, we implemented this as we had feedback from users that they did not want to see the same profiles again. We'll let our Product Team know that this is something you would like to see.

Lumen

Anonymous

New to this site but proving useless in terms of matches too far away to form a relationship. If you can select age why not distance

Hey there, you can now select a distance criteria. We hope you enjoy!

Lumen

Anonymous

Agreed with Bill, complete waste of time as no one within 100 miles of me

Hey Sue, we have thousands of users joining Lumen every day and we really hope more join your area very soon!
Ourtime.com

Lumen

Anonymous

Yes they keep sending me guys from Alberta I live in vancouvet bc
Whst good does Alberta do for me

Hey there, you now have the ability to use distance filters, which means you can see people within your area!

Lumen

Anonymous

I joined Lumen a few months ago and everything was going well, now all of a sudden there sending me men from miles away WHY ????
That’s no good for me don’t want to meet anyone miles away!! And I can’t get in touch to tell them that !!

Hey there, Lumen now has distance filters which means you can see people within your area!

Lumen

Anonymous

all dating sites should have a local search right from the outset as whats the point of searching for partners that turn up 100s of miles away .POF has this feature

sites with few members wont have this feature to cover up their lack of members and get your money anyways and leave you with no dates

Hey there, we have a distance filters now, which means you'll be able to search for users in your area!
Ourtime.com

Dawn

Anonymous
happy
Well I have tried several dating apps all paid ones . This was a first for me although up to date I haven't been successful but you know what its good..

It's all true the verification and the actual set up is good and it's free no hassles to up grade either and it does what it says on the tin ... So well done I like the verification and think it's a great idea for the over 50s men seen alot more genuine on there which has totally surprised me . I always said I wouldn't go on a unpaid site but this is different.

The only negative I've found so far is I feel a lot of the members don't use it any more as I've been monitoring it out of crurousity ...And there profile is still up and running I think a last been on site date maybe useful

There is a way round that I feel as the site could delete a person's profile if its not been in use for a week ?? Yes I know what your going to say maybe people are sick or away on holiday but it's free to register so ?
just a suggestion give it a go well done lumen!

jim

Anonymous
it needs to let you check when they were last online so you can weed out dead accounts ..all sites have this problem of dead accounts

Maggie Clifford

Anonymous
gloomy
Useless. Cannot get access to pay, or look at messages or favourites. Do not pay!
Ourtime.com

Bayouchik

Anonymous
confused

Started looking at potential matches. Got to the end, can't look again at any of them. Changing search criteria only gets older matches. One time view? can't endorse anyone paying to join

Hey there, we implemented this as we had feedback from users that they did not want to see the same profiles again. We'll let our Product Team know that this is something you would like to see.

Why does the site have matches 100's of miles from each other? People prefer others in reasonable proximity.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:06 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content