Online Dating & Relationships Forums

trial you and then a rip-off by benaughty.com

Macarena

Anonymous
excited
I met a really lovely man on here. we emailed quite a few times and swapped phone numbers, and finally met each other. We`ll see what happens next..

Lilu

Anonymous
artistic
Really is a good site and when a member talked to many really nice people. Recently got a mail from administration with a discount code attached. Niceeeee!!!!

Mark

Anonymous
flirty
You can get to know people on this site witout paying by using the forum. It may take some ingenuity to arrange a meeting with anyone but where there's a will...

marmitegirl

Anonymous
thoughtful
Ive been a member of benaughty a while, yeah its got its share of scammers, fakes n the like - it is an adult site so its bound to attract a few wronguns - but i for one have met a few online friends there, and in considering face to face meetings with people have found that its a place where you can be way more honest and upfront about your expectations then most 'dating' sites.
It does what it says on the tin, you just need to use common sense and trust your instincts - as with any online chatting application.

I've spoken to a few men on the site who have fallen for the '3day trial payment scam', whilst i agree its a lowdown sneaky way to get extra money, and i wouldnt be happy if it happened to me, most of us would probably think twice about putting CC details into an unsecure website before checking it out anyway- and there's plenty of info about this particular scam on the web. This also appears to be the only serious issue relating to benaughty.

Incidentally those men i spoke to about this, although not pleased it happened all said pretty much the same thing - as they had paid they may as well keep using the site- and i know that at least two of them are still there now, so can't be all bad can it ?

SugarDaddy

Anonymous
angelic
As for meets I've had none yet but there's one on the cards already! I do have trouble with first contact, I feel everything I write sounds like a line, having read some back I can see why they've not replied! but I have had a good rapport with those few who have replied (aside from the scammers) so its all good.

Paul

Anonymous
The best way round the billing procedure is to buy a prepaid credit card with nothing on it, that way you can give them your card details and get the 3 days free membership but when they try billing you there's no money on the card to take

mike

Anonymous
angry
be naughty......total scam....I put no description on my profile and a really crappy picture posted by me of a very ugly person, hey presto...messages from pretty women...if im wrong about that Id eat my own sh$%

eeza

Anonymous
determined
Best way to beat the trial issue is to use Paypal. As soon as you pay for the trial, cancel the re-bill from paypal and let BN deal with the cancellation.

Site is FULL of scams and fakes, but once you get their mark, you get a second sense that alerts you to them. Just insist on a vid chat b4 you meet!!! Get them on MSN then check out their web profile (caught 2 people out this way - claiming to be 5 or 6 years younger than they really are). Got an email that says "- hi -" or "- I'm new -" (note the dashes)? Then it is usually generated by the site to generate interest in new members.

Try and be original too. It does work, but it is NOT easy and full of pit holes.

Above all, don't be too enthusiastic.

Atty

Anonymous
Easydate run lots of dating sites, l subscribed to two Date the UK and Sex in the UK. Someone on here said why sign up for a 3 day trial, well l did because l saw someone l found attractive and really wanted to get in touch. The reason l could not afford full membership is because l have been unemployed for 12 months and simply couldnt afford it! So l took the 3 day trial then assumed l had cancelled my membership. Most of my money goes out on direct debit payments because lm on arrangements due to having money problems after getting divorced. So l was surprised to find l was £60 overdrawn in my account. When l checked l found full membership payments of £24.99 had gone out of my account on three occasions from Sex in the UK AND Date the UK which l didnt even know l was a member of! Since then lve made numerous phone calls and endless messages and have had the same experiance as the others on here ie promises of getting a reply soon then nothing, so you go through the whole process again! Pretty obvious that some of the low lifes who work on these sites are on here protecting them, because they dont want bad publicity! Well lve promised them that l wont go away, they must be making HUGE amounts from this repeat billing scam and l urge everyone affected to make it as public as possible by any means you can. Ive already written to the consumer programme Watchdog and will be getting in touch with Trading Standards and Martin Lewis at Money Savings Expert site who fights for consumers rights. Hope you all do the same because this company thinks we are too small individually and are walking all over us, but together we can show them for what they are!

paul

Anonymous
Quote by: Atty

Easydate run lots of dating sites, l subscribed to two Date the UK and Sex in the UK. Someone on here said why sign up for a 3 day trial, well l did because l saw someone l found attractive and really wanted to get in touch. The reason l could not afford full membership is because l have been unemployed for 12 months and simply couldnt afford it! So l took the 3 day trial then assumed l had cancelled my membership. Most of my money goes out on direct debit payments because lm on arrangements due to having money problems after getting divorced. So l was surprised to find l was £60 overdrawn in my account. When l checked l found full membership payments of £24.99 had gone out of my account on three occasions from Sex in the UK AND Date the UK which l didnt even know l was a member of! Since then lve made numerous phone calls and endless messages and have had the same experiance as the others on here ie promises of getting a reply soon then nothing, so you go through the whole process again! Pretty obvious that some of the low lifes who work on these sites are on here protecting them, because they dont want bad publicity! Well lve promised them that l wont go away, they must be making HUGE amounts from this repeat billing scam and l urge everyone affected to make it as public as possible by any means you can. Ive already written to the consumer programme Watchdog and will be getting in touch with Trading Standards and Martin Lewis at Money Savings Expert site who fights for consumers rights. Hope you all do the same because this company thinks we are too small individually and are walking all over us, but together we can show them for what they are!

I urge anyone who signs up for a "free 3 day trial" DON'T use your credit or bank card, buy a prepaid credit card or use paypal as with a prepay YOU decide how much money you want to spend and with paypal you can cancel any repeat billing through them even if you haven't cancelled it with the site, you will soon hear from the site when they can't get any money from you then you can tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:45 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content