Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Dating Someone Who Has Cheated But Not On You

Grace

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I were out the other night and over dinner our previous relationships came up. We have been dating for 6 months now and have not really talked about our ex’s before. I love my boyfriend who is very caring and generous but it felt like a slap when he told me he had cheated on his previous girlfriend. He had dated his last girlfriend for almost 4 years but in the last 5 months he had cheated on her with another women. The cheating only stopped when his girlfriend found out and broke up with him. This happened about 12 months ago.

Now I am not sure what to do. He told me he had wanted to tell me just to be completely open an honest. He asked me if we still want to date and I didn’t really provide an answer.

What should my answer be?

I almost wish he had not told me as I was cheated on once before and never got over it. I trust my boyfriend but I do not want to always wonder with that little voice in my head asking if he is cheating.

Cat

Anonymous
What a moron for admitting it. Confused

He may be trying to be honest with you for admitting his past mistakes but I always found that once a cheater, always a cheater. This is one red flag that I would not ignore especially since he was cheating with her for 5 months. It's not like it was a one night fling.

So if I were you I would breakup with him.

Enough said Smile

Warren

Anonymous
He told you he had cheated on someone else, it wasn’t you so take a deep breath.

You have been with him for six months now so how were your feelings before the other night when you found out? If everything was fine and nothing was bothering you in the relationship then I would probably continue with the relationship but warn him that you appreciate him telling you but he better not do it to you.

I would could this as strike one. One more strike and I would kick him to the curb.

All times are EST. The time is now 08:56 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content