Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Monogamy and Men

Terri

Anonymous
I was talking with some of my friends last night and we figure that most men would be in an open relationship if they were able but the women in the relationships are the ones keeping it exclusive and in line to what is accepted in society?

Men, if you are in love with your girlfriend would you still have sex with another women if she was okay with it, or is love enough to squash the instinct?

I think most men have a double standard when it comes to an open relationship. It would be okay for them to sleep with other women but they would not want their girlfriend sleeping with other men.

Am I wrong in my thinking… I think not.

Geoff

Anonymous
Girls cheat as much as guys. Ever since the pill was invented girls have had no real reason not to.

Sunshine

Anonymous
Girls do cheat but I don’t think as much as guys.

Some women are fine with open relationships. More than most people probably think but society norms keep them in check. If you go to swingers party you will find lots of women there. I do think though that many more men would be fine with an open relationship than women.

Ruben27

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

I
Men, if you are in love with your girlfriend would you still have sex with another women if she was okay with it, or is love enough to squash the instinct?

Of course I would if she was okay with it in fact I would want her to join in! Big Grin

To be serious men are just wired differently. We still love the women we are with and flings are just one night stands. When the sex is over we just want to go home.

brownjett

Forum User
I am in college and am in a fairly new relationship. My girlfriend of 6 months gave me a birthday gift the weekend before my birthday. We were seeing each other that night and we live about an hour away from each other so it made sense. What has upset me is that on the day of my birthday … Thursday … I didn’t receive a phone call or even a text.
brown

Carrie Lan

Forum User
I do not agree that women cheat so much as men do, men do it without any reason, girls only if they have problems in the relations

All times are EST. The time is now 08:17 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content