Online Dating & Relationships Forums

best way to break it off with someone

Numbers

Anonymous
I broke up with my ex-girlfriend of 3 years about 4 weeks ago. Last weekend I had my first date with a girl I just met. We went for dinner and drinks and ending up back at my place. She did stay the night. We didn't have s*x but we almost did.

It went a little farther than I thought it would last night. I just wish it did not happen. I realize it is not the right time for me to be in a relationship after my recent break-up. I am also not that into this girl since she sounds like she has a lot of emotional problems.

How should I break it off with her? Should I just not call her? Or should I call or text her telling her I am not interested?

JAY

Anonymous
Do not be one of those guys that give the rest of us a bad name. Call the girl and let her know that you do not want to continue seeing her. Blame yourself that you are not ready yet for a new relationship. There is nothing worse than not having someone call you after a date.

Anon

Anonymous
Honesty is the best policy. If she reaches out to you, let her know that it was a mistake and you need more time to get over your ex. Don't string her along because it will just make your life harder than it needs to be.

BRew23

Forum User
You have to say it

ryecody1986

Forum User
Quote by: BRew23

You have to say it

Exactly. Even if it hurts! I actually did a bad things before but really need to tell the person that you don't love her. then cheating on her.

Jack_Birchfie

Forum User
Totally agree with @BRew23 and @ryecody1986. You have to say truth to her. Run away is not solution at all. Tell her that you don't love her.

Andrea

Forum User
Junior
Quote by: Anonymous

I broke up with my ex-girlfriend of 3 years about 4 weeks ago. Last weekend I had my first date with a girl I just met. We went for dinner and drinks and ending up back at my place. She did stay the night. We didn't have s*x but we almost did.

It went a little farther than I thought it would last night. I just wish it did not happen. I realize it is not the right time for me to be in a relationship after my recent break-up. I am also not that into this girl since she sounds like she has a lot of emotional problems.

How should I break it off with her? Should I just not call her? Or should I call or text her telling her I am not interested?

Heeeey. how are things going on? Did you tell her?

kaitlynlily6

Forum User
Be upfront. Call to say how you feel, apologize and say your not ready for a relationship.

nancy_torchic

Forum User
Her emotional problems will become even worse if you don't respond to her texts.

I'd rather break it off after meeting over a cup of coffee. The pain will slowly subside

All times are EST. The time is now 11:58 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content