Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Ack!!! Single Sites

Sleepless

Anonymous
Arrow Sleepless nights, giant phone bills, plane tickets, lots and lots of emails, thoughts of someone far far away constantly running through your head..........

So we're all on this singles website, assumably to
meet someone right, but how often (i'd think more often than not..) do we end up meeting just that person we've been searching for only to realize they're more than a state, across the nation, even another country away. Are we nuts? Stupid? Begging for torture? Mr. Green

Like a moth to a flame maybe, you see what you want, you know you may never be able to attain it or even if you should..but you still try. Why? That's all i'm asking here. Have we lost all logic?
LOL...obviously i'm a bit frustrated with my own personal torture here, just thought i'd see if anyone else was in the same boat......so spill...anyone else find themselves irresistably attracted to someone forever and a day away? What are you doing about it. What do we all think the real chances of things like that working out anyway? Anyone have any idea on how often this internet romance thing actually works out, i'm curious.
Just thought i'd get an idea for how often love connections are really made here.....lemme know what's going on with you and mr/ms rightwhoshalfwayacrosswhereever...
Also something i'd like to know..anyone know where cheap airfare can be found..i got some place to be..real quick......there's a man who's got some real good plans i need to talk to..about a horse..lol!

JohnB

Anonymous
I limit ALL my searches to local....don't even entertain the idea of someone in another state. I plan on using one of the "speed dating" meetings. Only do searches for local people, where you have a chance.

JohnB

Ironic that only unsolicited e mail is from

Anonymous
out of state, if in state, hours away and even two from China. But none from Dallas area women where I live.

Also, my subscription soon ends. Match is going to have to lie better if they want me to continue (not planning to anyway).

Match.com is a rip off

Firebird

Anonymous
I dated a woman years ago and she was really into long distance (i,e, unavaiable for the most of the time) guys.

She had a fling with a married guy in Maryland for a while. Then she met a guy at a arty who lived in California. Each week one would visit the other. Got very expensive.

Whe lieves still in the Dallas area. But when I came along, I was local. So I could be around all the ti,me. she could not handle this.

But other than the expense, the personalitity of a woman who only wnats lomng distance relationships 9she alos dated (behind my back) a guy in the Army who was also married. I think she had a thing for the unattatainable like some women just like the chase.

But if you are the jealous type at all (and who isn't to be honest at least to a degree), can you ever feel 100 per cent she is not cheating on you while you are miles away.

Like a prision mariage.

Too many women locally as a rule though I do understand that if you live in the Dallas area and certain other areas like LA and NYC, women are into what can they get.

donewithonlinedating

Anonymous
You're going to get your heart broken.........long distance romances work so long as they are kept exactly that LONG distance LOL You want each other for what you THINK the person is or what you want them to be, because we are never our true self online, on the phone, or in mail, you can't see the person's facial expressions, oh what a tell tale sign that is! Whatever you do, dont quit your job or move there until you are absolutely sure it is for real.....

Quote by Sleepless: Arrow Sleepless nights, giant phone bills, plane tickets, lots and lots of emails, thoughts of someone far far away constantly running through your head..........

So we're all on this singles website, assumably to
meet someone right, but how often (i'd think more often than not..) do we end up meeting just that person we've been searching for only to realize they're more than a state, across the nation, even another country away. Are we nuts? Stupid? Begging for torture? Mr. Green

Like a moth to a flame maybe, you see what you want, you know you may never be able to attain it or even if you should..but you still try. Why? That's all i'm asking here. Have we lost all logic?
LOL...obviously i'm a bit frustrated with my own personal torture here, just thought i'd see if anyone else was in the same boat......so spill...anyone else find themselves irresistably attracted to someone forever and a day away? What are you doing about it. What do we all think the real chances of things like that working out anyway? Anyone have any idea on how often this internet romance thing actually works out, i'm curious.
Just thought i'd get an idea for how often love connections are really made here.....lemme know what's going on with you and mr/ms rightwhoshalfwayacrosswhereever...
Also something i'd like to know..anyone know where cheap airfare can be found..i got some place to be..real quick......there's a man who's got some real good plans i need to talk to..about a horse..lol!

godman50

Anonymous
im lokkin for a hot chick that wants to have cex nonstop who up for it im ready anyone reply

Cuddles

Anonymous
I must be honest i once felt exactly the same way as you!! I currently stay in South Africa and spent thousands on signing up with dating sites that would match me up with people who were literally hundreds of miles away....

Went to the following link:

www.freewebs.com/directdating

The website is not all that great but basically you send an e-mail - pay a small registration fee and the person hooks you up with someone according to your profile and someone you describe to them.

I got hooked up with a few people in my area - not further than 15 min from where is stay and am now engaged to someone - 3months later

Hope this helps...

All times are EST. The time is now 08:39 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content