Welcome to Dating Sites Reviews

nightowl

Anonymous
I have been on matchcom and lately I have been getting a lot of e mails from Ghana. The frist one was suspicious but I wrote back stating I had no money to send. But this person said she did not wnat my money. But e mails were erratic . Never one on a weekend, I usually had to write first. Finally I pulled the plug and that is when I got flooded with e mails from Ghana. Some asked for money up front like for money making schemes. Ghana is the new Russia.

Cat

Anonymous
Did you report the profile to match.com? They are good at removing a suspicious profile when there members complain about it. An easy way to spot these fakers are their crappy english language skills!

ML

Anonymous
did these girls say that theyre living with their mum in Ghana because their dad passed away? I've talked to 3 women like this who have had the same story. It's really messing with me and making me wonder if this is a joke or not. Or even if it's a good site to be on.

Jerry

Anonymous
smart
Hi, Yes, Ghana is the hotbed for online dating scams. I am a foreigner living and working in Ghana since the last couple of years. This topic even appears in local newspapers frequently. 99% profiles are fake,created by young teenage "GUYS" at their local internet cafe! Be safe! Jerry.

Steve

Anonymous
I've had two scammers so far. The second I'm waiting to "talk" to tonight. Will try to get as much info as I can so I can report.

I have both their pics so will try to send to everyone to be aware of them

mad at Ghana scammers

Anonymous
Quote by: nightowl

I have been on matchcom and lately I have been getting a lot of e mails from Ghana.

The frist one was suspicious but I wrote back stating I had no money to send.

But this person said she did not wnat my money.

But e mails were erratic . Never one on a weekend, I usually had to write first.

Finally I pulled the plug and that is when I got flooded with e mails from Ghana. Some asked for money up front like for money making schemes.

Ghana is the new Russia.

what u should say is Ghana is the New Nigeria .
unlike Ghana who don`t have much good looking girls to show off , Russia actually do have the most beautiful girls in the world and it is true that thousands of gorgeous Russian girls marry to ugly men from all over the world ! Evil
while Ghana is probobly at the bottom of pit ugliness !! , i am sorry to say but since you see it fit to scam us pretending to some chic from Europe then i am going to tell it like it is ! Idea

Tim Casey

Anonymous
awake
you ve gotten it all wrong,Ghana itself have if not least,no idea about scams,it is the Nigerian community in Ghana who are scamming people all over,because Nigerians are now well known about these scams and they ranked number in the world,so now they use Ghana as their country and portray to be like Ghanaians,Nigeria is not far from Ghana and there are about a million Nigerians living in Ghana,those of us who have been on the net for a long know this... if you want to find out these check the origins of the names they give to you to send money to, and trace the originality of the name which people uses those names, you will end up in a tribe in Nigeria, alot of people have tried this and haave come to realise this that they are nigerian community in Ghana

frustrated with scams

Anonymous
I use a popular dating service. I ask up front where the girls are located. about three quarters of the girls with profiles that say they are in NY finally say they are in Ghana. As soon as I do that, I report them as scammers

maket

Forum User
Quote by: Anonymous

I use a popular dating service. I ask up front where the girls are located. about three quarters of the girls with profiles that say they are in NY finally say they are in Ghana. As soon as I do that, I report them as scammers

Many people reflect this. I think its best to be careful and prudent to not be fooled

FRN

Anonymous
I too have found scammers to be a huge problem on dating sites... It seems like every hour a new "woman" is chatting me up on IM or through the mail system....same story every time...my father is dead, I'm living with my mother...yep you guessed it...the woman is in Ghana! This despite the fact that all these so called women's profiles state they live somewhere in the U.S. I'm getting sick and tired of this crap....whenever I get an IM or mail and the word Ghana shows up in it....I report the person to Lavalife as a scam. I used this dating site 5 years ago, and I didn't evey get one tenth as many responses from "Russia" as I have with those from Ghana. It's sickening.

All times are Eastern Daylight Time. The time is now 02:27 PM.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content