Dating Sites Reviews Forums

Is the Tinder App the way to go?

Karen

Anonymous
I just installed the Tinder dating app on my iPhone. It looks like it is just for younger people. I am in my fifties and all the people I see on it when I swipe are 20 and 30 year olds. These people are obviously not good matches for me. Is there a way to specify a certain age range to view? Can I specify other criteria?

I have a feeling this is not the app for me but I had been hearing so much about it on the news lately. What other dating apps do people recommend for some one in my age range?

Editor

Site Admin
Admin
The Tinder App does allow you to bring up members based on only a few attributes. To find out more you should read our review of Tinder.

It sounds like you want something on your phone that offers a bit more flexibility and allow you to specify what you want to find in your matches. Some services I would recommend for you that have both dating apps and websites would include OkCupid, Match.com and eHarmony. We have reviews available for all that you can find on the left side.

Rinse1212

Anonymous
Tinder is a great app. It just grabs all of my facebook info so setup is quick and easy. Picking your matches involves just swiping left or right. Cool

Studio

Anonymous
awake
I actually find the app pretty shallow. It's fun for a good laugh but I would be afraid to contact anyone on it. Especially if you are trying to locate someone at a bar and you are alone with no friends around. I think I will stick to my Plenty of Fish membership.

9 to 5

Anonymous
Tinder is a great app at college. It is very easy-to-use and you can find people easy enough that are not scammers when you use it with your location.

I heard that they are planning to add advertising soon or you may have to pay for a membership. If that happens I hope they don't make it to obtrusive. If they do tinder will just drive everyone away.

Tinder is okay

Anonymous
So far I've had an okay time on Tinder. There have been a lot of creepy and rude messages from guys, specifically on Tinder. But if you want to get into internet dating there sometimes isn't a way around it, no matter what site you decide to use. If your also worried about this person being real or not, and they're pretty close in the area. You can look them up on Facebook by typing in their first name, and then job title which is now something tinder shares. They should usually come up right away.

I do find that there is a younger age range using tinder though. If you are looking for a person 35 or older I would suggest using ok cupid, or possibly match.com.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:41 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content