Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Why do people keep using the Internet to find love ?

Firebird

Anonymous
I have used print personal ads in the 80's and 90's with great success. Had lots of dates, long term relationships and even found a wife.

These ads were cheesey but they really worked.

Flash forward to early 2000's and the huge emergence of every kind of online date sites. From personal experience and about 7 years of really trying, I got a few no where dates

And reading about others using paid and free sites, most people have had no luck either

So why bother with on line sites?!

I have not posted in a long time because I have given up as I got older and not tough enough for today's dating world

Just curious why people still try online dating when information is abundantly clear on line dating is expensive and a waste of time

Junior

Anonymous
caffeinated
I still use Plenty of Fish. It is a great dating site for hooking up. I have been using it for almost 3 years now and while the latest changes preventing me from contacting younger women are a drag (I am 50 btw and like to date women mid 30's early 40's) I still think it is the best site out there. I am not looking for anything long-term and I am up front about it and it doesn't seem to bother most of the women I contact.

You should give it a try.

All times are EST. The time is now 08:11 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content