Online Dating & Relationships Forums

being nice but seen as flirty

PitchBlack

Anonymous
So I am friends with a number of women in my classes at school. While I was eating lunch yesterday an older woman in one of my classes came up and joined me.

She told me that a couple of girls in my Physics class liked me. I was like no way.

She reminded me that her own lab partner had given me her number. I then reminded her that it was for school stuff. She then told me she hadn’t even gotten her number and she sits right next to her.

She then told me that this other girl liked me and that both of them are always watching me when I am talking and joking with either of them.

She warned me that the girls are getting jealous and probably think I am a player.

The funny thing is I wasn’t even really trying with these girls. I am normally carefree and talkative and I use humor a lot. I was just trying to be helpful when the girls ask me questions about the work in class.

I think I may enjoy this upcoming semester :-) but seriously, I already have a girlfriend. How can I let these 2 girls down easily and still remain friends?

Sunshine

Anonymous
The easiest way to do it would be to bring up your girlfriend in a conversation. I wouldn’t do it directly since you are worried about keeping them as friends, but indirectly. For example, if one of them is talking about a past boyfriend or something and it reminds you about something with your current girlfriend then that would be a way of slipping the information into the conversation without you bringing up the topic directly.

The problem is if one of the girls really does like you and she gets jealous fairly easy then it may not matter how you mention that you have a girlfriend. She may be put off and move on since it is not easy to have a crush on someone and try to remain friends.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Boop

Anonymous
okay
You need to let these 2 girls know straight away that you are in a relationship. They are getting their hopes up that you are single even though they have not asked you if you are! And thats just really dumb in my opinion. Tell them that you didn't know that THEY did not know you already have a nice girlfriend, and that you hope you can still be friends with them both, and then see what they say. If they get all moody about you not being single then you don't need friends like that, they're only interested in being in a relationship with you and don't really care about your friendship at all. Remember you can choose who gets to be your friend.

JayJay

Anonymous
Hold on here a second… you are in every guys dream here. You are in college still and should be having fun so I would enjoy your upcoming semester. Your girlfriend at home doesn’t need to know about these girls at school and vice versa. Have some fun while you are at school, I wish I did more. Cool

Most girls while in college don’t want to have a serious relationship anyways and have expect the guy they are with in school to have something at home as well.

Angela

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

Most girls while in college don’t want to have a serious relationship anyways and have expect the guy they are with in school to have something at home as well.

Do you really believe that??? I certainly do not feel that way nor do any of my friends. In fact I can say we are very serious about our relationships. First year students maybe not, but by the time most people are in their second or third year and have settled down, they want to do well in school and find someone to care about.

Catriona

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

Hold on here a second… you are in every guys dream here. You are in college still and should be having fun so I would enjoy your upcoming semester. Your girlfriend at home doesn’t need to know about these girls at school and vice versa. Have some fun while you are at school, I wish I did more. Cool

Keep it up ..

Grizzily

Anonymous
I am with JayJay on this. Your in the prime of your life. Have fun and don't take things to serious. I wish I was more open when I was younger. You don't have to cheat or anything but there is nothing wrong with flirting.

The college years will probably be the best part of your life. Take a chance because when you start working and having a family those days will be over. Cool

Dating_thoughts

Anonymous
I can understand your dilemma here. Flirting can be a lot of fun and nice way to get to know someone better, especially if you fancy them. But at the same time if you overdo the flirting it can be seen as a bit too much so I suppose you need to try and strike the right balance.

All times are EST. The time is now 08:27 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content