Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Are there really any sites that are not scamming???

angst1.1

Anonymous
blank
I am married and looking for short term relationships with others that are married too. The thing is EVERY site I check out here by the members/posters turn out to have bad reviews. Are there any good or legitimate sites out there at all?

Thanks

AnonymousDog

Anonymous
Depends on your definition of "scam".

My guess, based on my experiences, is that even sites that don't resort to any outright trickery at all, are so top-heavy with men that actually meeting a woman off them is a time intensive crap shoot.

I'm in a situation similar to yours, and I've spent 3 years fooling with various sites. And I've spent entirely too much time at it, to boot. I've had only one serious e-mail conversation with a woman from a dating site during that time(Plenty of Fish), and the conversation petered out before we actually met.

On the other hand, I've met two nice,clean,sane, women by posting on Craigslist, that is, actually met them, and had some fun times.

My gut level feeling is that most women who post profiles on dating sites don't have to put much effort into it because they don't have to. The men come to them no matter how passive they are, and the man heavy gender ratios reinforce their passivity.

I suppose you could meet women on any of the dating sites that aren't complete scams (and some are) but you'll have to put a ton of time into it and a ton of patience.

Sinbad

Anonymous
Totally agree guys, tried loads of sites, Ashley Madison, AFF, Fling, Melanies UK Swingers, etc, and there is definately a lot of scamming going on in this market, and actually very few real women on them, I have spent a fortune on these sites over the years, and if i think back, I have actually only met one woman from a small UK regional site in that time, which for some strange reason I didn't resubscribe to, perhaps I should just go back to that one!! Good luck guys.

Robert

Anonymous
I've poked around craigslist and had a few hits, but I often run into the "email exchange" crap, back and forth and never a face to face. Makes me wonder what some of these ladies are hiding. It's pretty easy to skim ads with craigsdate.com though, as long as you're in the the San Fran area, doesn't appear to be any listings from elsewhere, so my friend in Denver is out of luck. Rolling Eyes

ClaireRoberts

Anonymous
cheerful
Honey.This sites are all about taking risks.......BUT there are NO with no scammers!

All times are EST. The time is now 08:10 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content