Online Dating & Relationships Forums

How much time should a couple spend together?

Jennifer

Anonymous
thoughtful
Should you talk to or see your gf or bf EVERY day?

See me and my bf have pretty much seen each other almost every day since we got together 5 months ago. Lately he's been making excuses for me not to come over every day. I tihnk maybe I'm smothering him? He's also complained about his friends being around him to much lately so maybe it's just not me.

I hate confrontations, but I think he needs to know it's okay to tell me to back off for a day. I won't get mad. It's just that he gives me lame excuses that I know aren't true.

Aaron

Anonymous
Jennifer,

It's probably that he needs a little space and just doesn't want to hurt your feelings etc. If he's talking with another woman this can happen too, but if that's the road he's chosen, then you have to just let him walk down that path on his own.
I know it's hard to do, but if he's backing away, let him. Guys don't want girls to fight for them, but Girls want guys to fight for them.

Hopefully that's not what it is, but either way be supportive and respectfull and just stand your ground and put him in his place. Some guys need a good slapping around once and a while, like Mom used to do to him, and maybe he will come back around.

If not move on and he will most likely come back too you.

Something else you can do, is don't call him unless he calls you, no matter how long that takes, I garantee he will call you.

All times are EST. The time is now 12:18 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content