Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Economy will destroy most dating sites

firebird

Anonymous
One of the few good things aobut the current economy is that bad times weed out the bad 9and sometimes the good). But it is Darwin at its finest.

May the recession kill the internet dating sites and people will have to meet the old fashioned way and women will have to become nicer since they may not have those dates sites to act snotty on much longer.

I predict by the end of 2009, only a few will be around and hopefully i will be wrong. I hope NONE will will survive.

They never worked except to make date site owners rich.

Die internt dating.

And if it did work for you, you are a 20 something attractive woman with no kids and could pick up a man anywhere.

Andrew

Anonymous
someone is bitter

harold

Anonymous
It's a little late for me. I already have my Realdoll and I have NO DESIRE for a real woman.

Marty

Anonymous
Firebird,
You have your halo on crooked. Remember, I once tried to start a no-games singles club, and it didn't work because of cultural factors... most of the people who wanted to join were just men looking for quickie sex with zero commitment, or out-of-towners who had no clue how to play "the game". So it doesn't really matter if a dating sevice is dishonest or not, because the users will abuse the system on their own and ruin it.

firebird

Anonymous
Quote by: Marty

Firebird,
You have your halo on crooked. Remember, I once tried to start a no-games singles club, and it didn't work because of cultural factors... most of the people who wanted to join were just men looking for quickie sex with zero commitment, or out-of-towners who had no clue how to play "the game". So it doesn't really matter if a dating sevice is dishonest or not, because the users will abuse the system on their own and ruin it.

Marty, i normally agree and have supported you on this site but I feel that you insulted me.

I never said I was a saint so i do NOT have a 'Halo'.

Sorry that you can't make the dating world conform to your whims.

you once stated that you stood on a corner in LA with a sign and had three women give you phone numbers in one DAY.

That seems to be as good a way as any . You had better luck in one day than i had on any internet site.

So maybe you should try this again or start a buisness centered around this idea.

What works in LA probably won't work anywhere else.

They don't call it LaLa land for nothing.

Marty

Anonymous
"Sorry that you can't make the dating world conform to your whims."

You're right, I can't tell everyone to look in a mirror and decide what they really want. Others don't need my permission to keep on lying to each other. BTW ever been to Niceguy's board? He and his buddies have it figured out much better than I have. They'd have some good laughs if ever they looked through this board.

GunghoIguana

Anonymous
People *do* go out to meet people, you know. I do it often. And I do meet people doing it. Both approaches take time and effort and a good attitude about the whole thing.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:19 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content