Dating Sites Reviews Forums

How do these date sites stay in business?

firebird

Anonymous
I used to use print ads in a local paper and they worked great.

But thanks to the internet, print ads are gone.

And I constantly read on this site about this site or that site is a rip off.

How does this industry stay in business?

Why does the government not regulate it?

I could understand if this ere the wild west days of the internet in the mid 90's. But now even retialers are using certain days to gauge their Christmas sale expectations starting this year. Just like the day after Thanksgiving thing for store retailers.

The internet has come of age.

And it is time to stop the BS.

I am considering moving to another country because even thiough I am at least avearge looking, I am nefver good enough for women in my area and I hear the same stories all over this country.

The only things that women want are money and power.

And there are only so many of those guys around and most do not need to advertise for a date.

I am so gladd that match.com and some of the other sitews are being sued for fake profiles and such

Anonymous

Anonymous
Simple reason. Guys in america are very lonely and desperate.

Even though I know match.com is for the most part is a scam, I am still going to pay the money sign up.

Free dating sites have a hidden agenda

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

Simple reason. Guys in america are very lonely and desperate.

Even though I know match.com is for the most part is a scam, I am still going to pay the money sign up.

You are proof that people will pay to meet someone, cause the free sites are full of Nigerians and married people. No one monitors the site, free dating sites get paid by advertisers, the more people they get to sign up for free the more money they make. Look at POF, do you think he cares about his customers. He admits that he only started a free site to try out some programming. No one to complain to, as long as he gets paid by the advertisers do you really think he cares about his customers.

I personally like using the small companies, the ones that do not have their shareholders breathing down their necks. No wonder sites like Match.com have been accused of posting fake profiles.....they need to get people in some way.

Jason

Anonymous
How could the government possibly regulate it? I think that people would be up in arms if they even tried.

Marty

Anonymous
No lie, Jason. I even saw one professional matchmaker say on national TV that if her industry was regulated, she'd be out of business.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:42 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content