Online Dating & Relationships Forums

It's ironic that on line dating is more socially acceptable but less effective these days

firebird

Anonymous
I see on TV and in the movies about how people are meeting on line and it is as mainstream as meeting via friends or a party. The reality is that as we age, we are less likely to meet new people.

So on line dating would SEEM to be the solution.

The problem as it has been mentioned so many times is that the people that would never have used the pesonals are now using them via the computer and these people are the type that would not normally date using a personals ad.

So what we now have is the bar crowd that is too old for the bar scene since they are no longer in their 20's and 30's and they bring their shallowness to the world of the Personals dating

Cat

Anonymous
It's the people who log in once to check out a dating site and never log back in again that bug me. Actually it is the dating sites which allow these profiles in the search results. I really only hang on sites that show me the last time a person logged into the dating site in the search results. If a person hasn't logged in for a week or two I tend to ignore the profile. Dating Sites need to allow people to search for singles without the need for creating a profile. If the person wants to do anything else on the site then a profile can be made at this point.

All times are EST. The time is now 02:00 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content