Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Maybe it's our own fault

Marty

Anonymous
Today I started thinking, maybe we singles aren't really very lonely after all... if we were, we'd be starting our own offline singles clubs all over the place. We'd totally ignore dating services. Seriously, what can a dating service do to stop a bunch of singles from starting a group?

firebird

Anonymous
You CAN start your own dating group.

It is called meetups.com

It has a list or cyou can creat your own interest and start agroup in your city.

There is an 800 number and directions on how to start the group of your chocie.

I have been to one that geos to indie films.

Been 4 times.

We go to see a movie and go get something to eat after the movie and get to know one another.

And there are usually a 50-50 mix of men and women since women love indie movies.

The downside. There is not really a core group . With a few exceptions, you have the same 2-4 members (about 12) attend each meetup) and the rest are new members. And the group states it has 430 members which makes it the second largest one in my area 9Dallas) but ith so many members, why the low turnout at events?

Just like on line dating. Lots of profiles but who are really members taht can e mail back?

But this is one suggestion-check into meetups.com

It is not perfect and I have not found a date but I might have found one woman who is interested in me and we at least met in the real world.

SarahLund

Anonymous
Cool There's too much preference going on, and alsp people need to stop comparing their next lover to their ex. Seriously. If people weren't so fussy, i doubt there'd as many single people as there is right now.

All times are EST. The time is now 02:16 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content