Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Internet Dating Manners

Why me

Anonymous
caffeinated
I really hate when woman (men probably do this too) disappear after a few emails or instant messages. Is it to much to ask someone if you are not interested anymore to instant message or email back -

Thank-you for the conversation but, I am no longer interested (or we do not have much in common, or I met someone else, or what ever...).

It's just simple manners, I hate waiting for replies that never come. I would rather get a message stating thanks but no thanks so I can move on. Anyone who has been using internet dating for a while realizes that this is a fast past environment and it takes a while to meet the right person! Getting a message like this I would not take it personally.

QWLady

Anonymous
I totally agree. It only takes a few moments, uncomfortable as they may be, to let someone know you aren't interested anymore so they can move on, or focus on someone else. We are all on dating sites to date and it's like reserving a table that is never going to be used when you leave someone hanging like that.

Dorthy

Anonymous
embarrassed
Quote by: Why me

I really hate when woman (men probably do this too) disappear after a few emails or instant messages. Is it to much to ask someone if you are not interested anymore to instant message or email back -
Thank-you for the conversation but, I am no longer interested (or we do not have much in common, or I met someone else, or what ever...).

That is perhaps because it is very easy to break up internet relationships Rolling Eyes

dorthy

Anonymous

I can surely understand how difficult it is to be in a situation like that. Meanwhile internet dating is not considered a serious form of dating. This is the reason why several people take it for granted.

It is always difficult to bluff someone face to face whereas you can easily bluff someone through an email Oops!

Angella

Anonymous
Yeah some guys badly need to learn internet dating manners. This is not a problem with you. In-fact this is a common problem. So don't worry about such probs. Concentrate on your quest. Hopefully you will get your mate soon...

clayhalo

Anonymous
I just joined a dating service and the first guy I went out with took me out to Sunday brunch. In his online photo I couldn't really tell what he looked like, but on the phone he seemed very funny and nice, although he told me he was 40 lbs overweight. During the date he was very chatty, joking all the time--just a little too much for my taste, some of the jokes with sexual innuendos were awkward--but I figured he was nervous. At the end of the date, he asked me out for dinner Wednesday evening, and I didn't have my Palm with me, so I told him I'd call today. My question is, I can't see myself with this guy romantically because I'm just not attracted to him. Should I tell him I'm not? How to do that in a kind way!!!! He might be a great friend, but since he's definitely interested in me, saying something like that could be an insult. Guys, what say you?

Marty

Anonymous
It is always difficult to bluff someone face to face whereas you can easily bluff someone through an email Oops! [/p]

That's the whole reasoning behind offline singles clubs. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that some of those online daters are actually ghostwriters who volunteer for online dating companies to hook new suckers. It's sort of like selling cigarettes, you need to bring in new customers to replace the ones who stop buying what you're selling.

jacab9901

Forum User
Hi, well yeah sure its same with me too. I too hate when women disappear after a few emails or instant message. Its really irritating while we wait she focuses on some one else.

FIREBIRD

Anonymous
I posed this on the general date forum. And asked if a person met the requirements, Where they NOT entitiled to an NO THANKS if that other person is not interested. I quit reading after two jerks , one a man and the other a woman, said NO. That just because someone met a peson's requirements, there was no need to respond if there was no interest.

This is RUDE.

Brian

Anonymous
I think it depends. Any one person could possibly get a huge number of emails at any particular time. Answering each one with a yea or nea could be very time consuming. In this case I do not think a reply is warranted. If you have been speaking with each other and you become un-interested then I think a reply is warranted and would be appreciated.

Just my 2 cents.

All times are EST. The time is now 08:58 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content