Online Dating & Relationships Forums

POF Account Hacked

Frustrated gal

Anonymous
Listen POF, a while back my account was hacked! I can provide you with the persons info and email. I tried contacting someone at your customer service to no avail!

Same person is very abusive and give good men a bad name. Someone please help resolve!

Sue

Anonymous
determined
Just to share my experience of being hacked on POF and the messages from me to POF regarding this as they were very blasé about it which has put me off online dating as per below, also to add that nothing was resolved apart from I lost my POF profile which nothing was done about and I've had to change all my passwords re bank accounts and others:-

I sent this 2 weeks around 23/08/2019 prior to POF responding and had to keep emailing csr@plentyoffish.com for a response.

I log on around once a week to my POF account due to work commitments.
The last time I logged into my account to check my messages was on the 01/09/2019 as Sunday is normally the one day, I choose to log in. On Monday 02/09/2109 and Tuesday 03/09/2109 I received over 200 emails from POF to let me know that I had received messages from certain users, I thought it seemed an awful lot but did not have the time to log into my POF account to check properly as I had to go to work.
On the 04/092019 a friend of mine contacted me as they had seen what looked like my profile but with someone else's images in place of mine, so all the information on my profile including the write-up about me was exactly the same as mine with my images removed and someone else's put in place.
I became rather concerned at this and when I arrive home from work I decided to log into my POF account using my username as above with my password to no avail and then I tried logging in using my email as above with my password, which once again to no avail, it kept stating the details did not match as I had not changed either my username, email or password I was astounded I was unable to log in.
It appears I no longer am able to log into my account and my profile no longer under my control to view, change and reply / send messages. I can only assume my POF account has been hacked into and someone else is now using all my details including any payment facilities I used on POF when I paid for Tokens and someone could now use which I'm most concerned about and would implore POF to look into this immediately please as a matter of urgency as I'm very concerned my personal details have been compromised and are being used by someone who isn't me?
A copy of what was on my profile are attached including my personal images for your perusal, which as stated above is the same profile but my images have been replaced with someone else’s.
Please could this matter also be passed to Mr Markus Frind CEO as he should be made aware?
I look forward to hearing from you regarding this extremely urgent matter.

csr@plentyoffish.com
Sat 07/09/2019 19:03

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to email POF.com.
Your account was flagged and closed for suspicious activity. We apologize for the inconvenience, but you will need to create a new account.
Please wait 2-3 hours before trying to create a new account, and ensure you select a new username AND password.
As your account has been compromised, we suggest you do the following:
1) Scan your computer for viruses or spyware.
2) Once you have completed your scan, immediately change your passwords for *ALL* online accounts including your POF.com account, Email accounts, online banking, etc.
We appreciate your patronage, and hope you register a new account with Plentyoffish.
Regards,
Marcel R
POF Team
POF.com

Sun 08/09/2019 17:22
csr@plentyoffish.com

As my account has been compromised through no fault of mine, I would suggest from a legal stance that POF do more to protects its customers rather than putting them at risk especially of identity theft, putting peoples bank accounts at risk and all sorts of other fraudulent activity that is susceptible.
As this is such a serious matter it really does need bringing to the attention of the CEO Mr Markus Frind to deal with.
Kind regards,
Sue.

csr@plentyoffish.com
Mon 09/09/2019 21:49
[code]
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to email POF.com.
We have investigated the issue you reported, and it appears to have been resolved.
Please let us know if you continue to have difficulties and we would be happy to assist you further.
Regards,
POF Team
POF.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:24 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content