Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Why does height matter?

Ben

Anonymous

I've been perusing some of the ads on various internet dating sites. One thing that I have noticed is that lots of women appear to be looking for tall men. Even the shorter women.

Why does a 5'2'' woman need a man that's 5'10'' or taller?

In general, I am less inclined to respond to a woman's ad if I don't fit into the height range she says she is looking for, but should I? How many of the women put that down as something they want, but not necessarily a deal breaker? And if they'd accept a shorter man, why put the restriction up in the first place?

Jeffrey

Anonymous
mellow
Because I'm tall--6'0", I've always preferred medium to tall women. Two of my three serious relationships have been women 5'7" in height and the third with a woman 5'10" in height. It's easier for me to hug and kiss a woman in that height range. Also, I wonder how tall guys (especially heavy ones) manage in the bedroom with small women. Personally, I think I'd feel like a St. Bernard humping a Chiauaua.

JeTTer

Anonymous
Probably for the same reasons a 220 lb guy wants a woman who's under 120 lbs. Some folks seem to think they're ordering a date from the Macdonalds drive thru.

firebird

Anonymous
No real anwser excpt women want a Clint Eastwood type. perhaps.

Also, a lot of average sized women like to dress up and wear heels. Without heels, they may be a good size relationship to a pre 6 foot guy but thye like to dress up.

Lastly, a big guy means protection.

That may be some answers.

cakesunflower@yahoo.com

Anonymous
happy
OKAY check this out: height matters to me because, if you love him...if you really love this short man, then when you are standing next to him in a growed at a party for instance then you would only hold him and get closer. It's that simple@!! yeh, height to me is an important factor to my relationship, if I had ONE,(short guy who I loved) as I did once before date this one guy who was about either 5'6" or 5'5 and I am an outstanding 5'6" mane beauty. His height never matter because I could look beyond it length, I love only and always who he was to me. And loved all the man that he was, but my love for him lasted only as long as he allowed it to, because now he is retirering and moving away to retire away on his own, with my love. What good it did to fall in love with this small person who future did not include me! what a loss with out me to his new world.

sans

Anonymous
Yes ofcourse height matters if the love starts from the look. i.e. loved from appearance but if someone is loved from the heart, and after loving, the height is know to..then it doesn't count for small differences as 5'5" and 5'6". But as long as the guy set his path; you also should know what is his feeling. he may be thinking that you may be feeling odd and for ur convinence and he may be just be silent for few days. you should not take him , he left him. he may have taken a decision not to take a decision , silent doesnot means negative. So he may be still loving you, Try to understand his feeling. He may be loving you from the bottom of his heart

siddharthapr@hotmail.com

Anonymous
Height doesn't matter. It is the feeling that count.
As long as the girl is only slightly taller. I think in this matter. This matter also struck in me. I am 5'5" guy. I have met a girl and we had have telephone calls and emails and we started to like each other, each feeling, sharing and caring. But once we had date and get known that she is 5'6". which is slighter taller than me. Despite loving her, i couldnot express my feelings to her and i was silent for 5 days. I dont know how she takes this 5 days, Then she writes me in this way: " yet not recovered from the shock, i know u got a great shock but i was mentally prepared as i already know your height" and she write " can't we be good friends". i can't understand her feeling nor i can express my feeling to her...............now we have very few calls and emails............i don't know how she takes,......it was also my weakness .........i was silent for 5 days..........but i still love her. from the bottom of my heart. .........and will be loving her......how can i expree.......Its all about height matters" can anyone suggest how to takckle the condition to me. " height matters?"

DJ

Anonymous
I'm very short. 5'2 however, I do love tall men with long legs. But that isn't a deal breaker at all. That's what I like to look at. I've dated short men, but it seems the short guys weren't interested, but the very tall one's were. Go figure.

One other thing that really bothered me is when I did date a short guy, we got a lot of awwww aren't they a cute couple, like we were babies or something.

faith

Anonymous
Frown c'mon guys!! can't believe what i'm reading!! height has nothing to do with anything...it's the heart that chooses...if there's no spark, or holding glance, (the eyes are the windows to the soul...) then it doesn't matter if the guy's 5'5" or 6'2"-it's just not there! Also, I don't believe in talking endlessly on the phone, emailing sweet messages and such before meeting or even exchanging a photo! Sorry, I'm an olde fashioned girl and I've been thru the "on-line" chat" horror story where guys are chatting to 4 or 5 girls and get everyone mixed up...and there you are hoping that you'll be able to meet him after the next call - nope! All aces on the table, a short meet and greet and you either end up with a really nice friend to hike, bike or coffee with, or...***you never know.....but for goodness sake - compact men are just that "compact." Not short, not small, and not unworthy of a second look, let alone a first chance!!!

anonymous tall woman

Anonymous
hopeful
Quote by: siddharthapr@hotmail.com

Height doesn't matter. It is the feeling that count. As long as the girl is only slightly taller. I think in this matter. This matter also struck in me. I am 5'5" guy. I have met a girl and we had have telephone calls and emails and we started to like each other, each feeling, sharing and caring. But once we had date and get known that she is 5'6". which is slighter taller than me. Despite loving her, i couldnot express my feelings to her and i was silent for 5 days. I dont know how she takes this 5 days, Then she writes me in this way: " yet not recovered from the shock, i know u got a great shock but i was mentally prepared as i already know your height" and she write " can't we be good friends". i can't understand her feeling nor i can express my feeling to her...............now we have very few calls and emails............i don't know how she takes,......it was also my weakness .........i was silent for 5 days..........but i still love her. from the bottom of my heart. .........and will be loving her......how can i expree.......Its all about height matters" can anyone suggest how to takckle the condition to me. " height matters?"

** If she is only 1 inch taller than you, that is no big deal, especially if you say you love her! I am a woman 6'1" tall and wish all the short girls would stop taking the tall guys. And what is with the tall guys wanting to date such petite women? Thanks...

All times are EST. The time is now 12:55 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content