Subject: Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2004/09/10 10:17am
By: Anonymous

I've been perusing some of the ads on various internet dating sites. One thing that I have noticed is that lots of women appear to be looking for tall men. Even the shorter women.

Why does a 5'2'' woman need a man that's 5'10'' or taller?

In general, I am less inclined to respond to a woman's ad if I don't fit into the height range she says she is looking for, but should I? How many of the women put that down as something they want, but not necessarily a deal breaker? And if they'd accept a shorter man, why put the restriction up in the first place?

Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2004/09/10 11:23am

Because I'm tall--6'0", I've always preferred medium to tall women. Two of my three serious relationships have been women 5'7" in height and the third with a woman 5'10" in height. It's easier for me to hug and kiss a woman in that height range. Also, I wonder how tall guys (especially heavy ones) manage in the bedroom with small women. Personally, I think I'd feel like a St. Bernard humping a Chiauaua.

Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2004/09/10 02:41pm

Probably for the same reasons a 220 lb guy wants a woman who's under 120 lbs. Some folks seem to think they're ordering a date from the Macdonalds drive thru.

Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2005/01/03 08:31am

No real anwser excpt women want a Clint Eastwood type. perhaps.

Also, a lot of average sized women like to dress up and wear heels. Without heels, they may be a good size relationship to a pre 6 foot guy but thye like to dress up.

Lastly, a big guy means protection.

That may be some answers.

Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2005/07/30 12:42am

OKAY check this out: height matters to me because, if you love him...if you really love this short man, then when you are standing next to him in a growed at a party for instance then you would only hold him and get closer. It's that simple@!! yeh, height to me is an important factor to my relationship, if I had ONE,(short guy who I loved) as I did once before date this one guy who was about either 5'6" or 5'5 and I am an outstanding 5'6" mane beauty. His height never matter because I could look beyond it length, I love only and always who he was to me. And loved all the man that he was, but my love for him lasted only as long as he allowed it to, because now he is retirering and moving away to retire away on his own, with my love. What good it did to fall in love with this small person who future did not include me! what a loss with out me to his new world.

Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2005/08/02 01:50pm

Yes ofcourse height matters if the love starts from the look. i.e. loved from appearance but if someone is loved from the heart, and after loving, the height is know to..then it doesn't count for small differences as 5'5" and 5'6". But as long as the guy set his path; you also should know what is his feeling. he may be thinking that you may be feeling odd and for ur convinence and he may be just be silent for few days. you should not take him , he left him. he may have taken a decision not to take a decision , silent doesnot means negative. So he may be still loving you, Try to understand his feeling. He may be loving you from the bottom of his heart

Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2005/08/02 02:22pm

Height doesn't matter. It is the feeling that count.
As long as the girl is only slightly taller. I think in this matter. This matter also struck in me. I am 5'5" guy. I have met a girl and we had have telephone calls and emails and we started to like each other, each feeling, sharing and caring. But once we had date and get known that she is 5'6". which is slighter taller than me. Despite loving her, i couldnot express my feelings to her and i was silent for 5 days. I dont know how she takes this 5 days, Then she writes me in this way: " yet not recovered from the shock, i know u got a great shock but i was mentally prepared as i already know your height" and she write " can't we be good friends". i can't understand her feeling nor i can express my feeling to her...............now we have very few calls and emails............i don't know how she takes,......it was also my weakness .........i was silent for 5 days..........but i still love her. from the bottom of my heart. .........and will be loving her......how can i expree.......Its all about height matters" can anyone suggest how to takckle the condition to me. " height matters?"

Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2006/05/30 11:00pm

I'm very short. 5'2 however, I do love tall men with long legs. But that isn't a deal breaker at all. That's what I like to look at. I've dated short men, but it seems the short guys weren't interested, but the very tall one's were. Go figure.

One other thing that really bothered me is when I did date a short guy, we got a lot of awwww aren't they a cute couple, like we were babies or something.

Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2006/06/04 07:56pm

Frown c'mon guys!! can't believe what i'm reading!! height has nothing to do with anything...it's the heart that chooses...if there's no spark, or holding glance, (the eyes are the windows to the soul...) then it doesn't matter if the guy's 5'5" or 6'2"-it's just not there! Also, I don't believe in talking endlessly on the phone, emailing sweet messages and such before meeting or even exchanging a photo! Sorry, I'm an olde fashioned girl and I've been thru the "on-line" chat" horror story where guys are chatting to 4 or 5 girls and get everyone mixed up...and there you are hoping that you'll be able to meet him after the next call - nope! All aces on the table, a short meet and greet and you either end up with a really nice friend to hike, bike or coffee with, or...***you never know.....but for goodness sake - compact men are just that "compact." Not short, not small, and not unworthy of a second look, let alone a first chance!!!

Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2006/06/10 09:02pm

Quote by: siddharthapr@hotmail.com

Height doesn't matter. It is the feeling that count. As long as the girl is only slightly taller. I think in this matter. This matter also struck in me. I am 5'5" guy. I have met a girl and we had have telephone calls and emails and we started to like each other, each feeling, sharing and caring. But once we had date and get known that she is 5'6". which is slighter taller than me. Despite loving her, i couldnot express my feelings to her and i was silent for 5 days. I dont know how she takes this 5 days, Then she writes me in this way: " yet not recovered from the shock, i know u got a great shock but i was mentally prepared as i already know your height" and she write " can't we be good friends". i can't understand her feeling nor i can express my feeling to her...............now we have very few calls and emails............i don't know how she takes,......it was also my weakness .........i was silent for 5 days..........but i still love her. from the bottom of my heart. .........and will be loving her......how can i expree.......Its all about height matters" can anyone suggest how to takckle the condition to me. " height matters?"

** If she is only 1 inch taller than you, that is no big deal, especially if you say you love her! I am a woman 6'1" tall and wish all the short girls would stop taking the tall guys. And what is with the tall guys wanting to date such petite women? Thanks...

Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2006/06/11 11:53am

Maybe it has to do with personality. Why does a woman have to be shorter than a man? I'm short and have dated short and tall men. I went by the personality, not the height. A tall guy may not be any better a match for you, but yet you think you have to have one. Why is that?

Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2006/06/21 10:17pm

Quote from: siddharthapr@hotmail.com On:Tuesday, August 02 2005 @ 02:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time Height doesn't matter. It is the feeling that count. As long as the girl is only slightly taller. I think in this matter. This matter also struck in me. I am 5'5" guy. I have met a girl and we had have telephone calls and emails and we started to like each other, each feeling, sharing and caring. But once we had date and get known that she is 5'6". which is slighter taller than me. Despite loving her, i couldnot express my feelings to her and i was silent for 5 days. I dont know how she takes this 5 days, Then she writes me in this way: " yet not recovered from the shock, i know u got a great shock but i was mentally prepared as i already know your height" and she write " can't we be good friends". i can't understand her feeling nor i can express my feeling to her...............now we have very few calls and emails............i don't know how she takes,......it was also my weakness .........i was silent for 5 days..........but i still love her. from the bottom of my heart. .........and will be loving her......how can i expree.......Its all about height matters" can anyone suggest how to takckle the condition to me. " height matters?" From what I understand, she already knew your height...so this means you knew her height?! 5 days silence at the very beginning of a relationship is a death sentence...height did matter to you - or you would have contacted her earlier right? Height did matter to her, as she admits by writing "not yet recovered from the shock." Not one person on the face of this earth is perfect, and if 1" height difference is going to end an otherwise close relationship, I would say either you're going to be single for a long long time, or, the feelings were a phone infatuation, not love. Love takes time to grow - and spending time with that person, face to face to get to know them. Not just talking on the phone. You can't get a sense of who a person is over the phone - this is proof unfortunately. When you meet the right person, you'll see - height really doesn't matter! It's the feelings and and closeness of the relationship that does! I wish you all the best. Wink

Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2006/06/23 03:59pm

I notice on dating sites, most women are looking for guys who are 5'10 and up. I am 5'4.

Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2006/09/24 08:51pm

you need both love and sexual attraction. height is a sign on dominance and its sexually attractive in men. not to say that you can't date someone taller than you, there are other things that matter more (like your personality) but its definitely an advantage.

Re: Why does height matter?

Posted on: 2007/01/27 10:20pm

Well, brother Ben, if it makes you feel any better, I just happen to be 6'6", am built like a pro wrestler, and guess what? When you're this tall, you become not a "woman magnet", but rather a circus freak. I'm not kidding. It won't matter what I'm wearing, or where I happen to be, people will stare at me like I just stepped out of a flying saucer. E, Marziani! Take-a me to your leader!

Personally, I wish sometimes that I looked like that other Italian guy, Danny deVito. At least HE can buy suits "off the rack".

Posted on: 2007/03/02 09:46am

Height does matter a great deal to me when dating someone. I'm 5'11 and not a "petite little thing". I like a man that is as tall or taller than me because it makes me feel dainty. And frankly, everything lines up better. Wink

Posted on: 2007/03/30 11:08am

Height DOES matter. I'm 6 foot 5, and I wish women would stop feeling intimidated by me... wouldn't it ever occur to them that I'm after all a human being with feelings? As for me, I'm not turned off by tall women... OTOH I'd rather date a woman who's a couple inches taller than I am, because women shorter than 5 foot 9 or so, seem child-sized next to me.

Posted on: 2007/07/16 01:19am

Height is one of those attraction aesthetic preferences and a personal lifestyle choice. Unfortunately for me, my preference runs counter to the mainstream. Frown I'm 5'9" and I like women who are my height or taller than me -- rare is the woman who likes a man shorter than her.

Posted on: 2008/02/01 04:21pm

Height matters to women for a number of reasons that it does to men. Men don't want to be shorter because taller men are
valued more than shorter men in every segment of our society. The hero in the movies, the commericals, the billboards, the
magazines etc etc is not a shrimpy guy. Women grow up seeing this and want that tall, lean, handsome guy.

Most women just are not attracted to short men and certainly not if they are taller. Guys, women are VISUAL creatures.
Fool yourself into thinking otherwise all you want, but any woman who tells you she'd rather have a short guy than a taller
one is LIEING. And if she says 'looks don't matter'...she is LIEING. That said, can an average guy overcome his looks? Yes,
but only with a sincerely good personality. And you have to show it to a woman quickly or you're dead in the water if there
are better looking men around.

A freind of mine really dug a shorter guy once but simply could not get past his height the more serious the relationship became.
When they walked together hand in hand or arm in arm, she felt like she was walking a child around. I don't think women are
comftorable being in 'the protector' role with a man, and a shorter man makes them feel they can't be as relaxed or vunerable in
their company. There ARE exceptions of course, but this isn't about exceptions it's about the general rule.

Posted on: 2008/02/12 04:07pm

Does height matter, does weight matter, I am bald, fat...I have heard it all. I have run an online dating service since 1998. In ten years i have heard it all. It all comes down to personal preference. My very first customer thought she would not meet anyone as she was short and a single Mom. You know she got more replies then all the rest of my customers. She posted a great photo with her children and she ended up with a single Dad. I personally like Men taller then me, and not skinny. Even if I saw an ad with a preference, I would still respond to it. Remember these are mostly guidelines...not written in stone.

Height! Doesn't Matter Guyzzz...

Posted on: 2013/03/31 12:02am

In a true relationship height really doesn't matters. A few inches doesn't count at all! If you're in contact with your so called 'Soul-mate' for a long period of time then both of you're well known to each other from respective characteristics point of view. Until and unless both of you are having good conversations over the phone, enough to bag a label of trust for each other then the other guy shall be remarked as an Idiot to Shoos! you away 4 this height factor... And, what really matters are the 2 person involved in a committed relationship. So, if you like each other then go for it! Can't compromise trust and loyalty over the height issue!!!

Posted on: 2015/06/23 10:35pm

It matters because it's on the "want" list for women, just like men who want a supermodel who loves sex. Women want tall men with large pocketbooks and large pee pees. It's superficial. Maybe it turns women on... Who knows? I think attraction is more about chemistry and personality.

Posted on: 2016/07/31 05:50am
By: NicholasCatrow

Probably for the same reasons a 220 lb guy wants a woman who's under 120 lbs. Some folks seem to think they're ordering a date from the Macdonalds drive thru.

Posted on: 2016/08/30 11:57am
By: John111

It doesnt matter at all! For example, if you meet some girl on the street you will know how tall is she, but if you meet a girl on internet, and at first you dont know her size, but at the end its not that bid deal. Because one time i met a girl on a dating service and she sounded nice, but when we actually met in live she was huge, but i dont care, i liked her a lot. We were together for years. So there you go, if you dont judge by the size you can be with every girl, of course if you like her. Big Grin Big Grin

Posted on: 2016/09/06 02:14am
By: Averoes

Love doesn't know short or tall. But, attraction knows all to well. Most people start with attraction and then work up to love.

Posted on: 2017/07/08 01:54am
By: Antohnas

I also don't know why height matter.

I find that women always look for a guy who is 4-6 inch taller than them.

Posted on: 2017/07/08 07:56pm

Ok so I'm guilty of searching for a taller man. Quite specifically 6'1" to 7' as I am 5'9". I would really like to say that height does not matter but try telling my brain that. I have met up with guys that are around my height but unfortunately no matter how lovely, kind, funny or handsome they were I could not get past the height thing. For me it feels like I can't find any attraction if they don't have the height factor, physical attraction is extremely important when looking for a relationship. It is almost like men are not manly to me unless they tower over me. Probably some deep past experience has caused this but I know what I like and I think that is OK.

I have something else that I'm going to post a question about and I'm really looking forward to reading comments on this. Smile

Posted on: 2017/12/26 10:31pm
By: imyourdreamguy

I think height is a huge advantage, but any physical trait will get negated the first time the person opens their mouth if they have no personality. I am 6' even, don't know if that affects my advice but I've been told that is probably about the perfect height, most women can wear any shoes they want and not have to worry about looking down at me. Cool

Posted on: 2018/02/09 01:26pm
By: kaitlynlily6

It's only a preference but it won't matter as soon love sets in.

Posted on: 2018/02/19 01:22pm
By: Andrea

Height doesn't really matter it just depends on the perspective of the person. Love is not measured by height it is by heart.

Posted on: 2018/04/06 03:23am
By: nancy_torchic

1. cuteness factor
2. dominance

Posted on: 2018/04/29 11:39am
By: Arlyngton

Honestly, it's pretty much the standard stereotype I guess when looking for a new date - tall, muscular, handsome, etc

Would be similar to a guy stating that he wants a lady with big boobs, a nice ass, and slender legs? But then again, how often do we strictly follow these types we're looking for?

Dating Sites Reviews - Forum
https://www.datingsitesreviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=154