Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Tales from the Deadwood Forest

FCD

Forum User
indescribable
Tales from the Deadwood Forest -- Listed alphabetically!

Eharmony:
My first match was a resident of a halfway house!

Many subsequent intros were located at impractical distances.

About 10% of the proffered matches arrived with the admonition that they had "moved on"; Leaving me "so much closer" to my goal!?

Review their patent to see how their system is designed to keep one paying rather than providing qualifed matches.

Matchcom:
I copied my profile from another site and, for no reason listed in their boilerplate rejection, it was deleted.

Yet without a bio nor a photo, I received a flurry of inquires declining at an exponential rate. The autoshill function hard at work.

Millionaire Match
This site seems to draw excess inquires from far, far away; Internationally.

Remarkably few are millionaires, or even thousandaires.

There also appears to be mass confusion with regard to income and net worth.

Few comported my match criteria.

One gal therein summed it up succinctly in her tagline, "On-Line Dating, where hope goes to die."

OKCupid:
This was once likely the best of these sites though, since its acquisition by Matchcom, it is in a process of continual deterioration.

The autoshill function has been recently implemented proved by an inquiry from a member with no English facility. This would have been easier to spot previously but, the "viewed me" function was recently deleted.

The new "Double Take" feature presents totally random "matches" including some same sex sillyness.

The contact process has just been crippled by requiring a view of the sender's bio before receiving an initial note. This may be a ploy to increase paid membership required to view "likes". A significant increase in the "like" rate accompanied this "upgrade". Coincidently, they also deleted current conversations!

Recalling a member by name has been effectively deleted by the new first name scheme. Bookmarking now fails 50% of the requests.

Curiously this site also has the highest percentage of gals who insist on disparaging the President in their profiles.

Our_Time:
Sends daily offerings of undifferentiated "matches".

Most profiles are very sparse. One or two lines or even blank.

The membership bears no resemblence to the happy types shown in their TV ads.

Plenty_of_Fish:
Scant offerings of fresh fish!

One quirk of social engineering: The search feature deletes rather than saves racial preferences requirng manual re-entry on each use. The search also disregards selected age requests and returns users bracketed around the user's (stated!) age.

About 90% deadwood as a search will reveal by showing no current activity by most users.

Recenly acquired by Matchcom so, who knows what will ensue.

I once inadvertenly clicked on one of their embedded ads for other sites and following the path to its conclusion landed on a site, run out of England, with a bevy of Ukranian ex-models. A totally shilled site sending several notes per day. They even had a misapplied term to disclose the autoshill function in their terms of use: Sprawl.

Zoosk:
Half of the women's profiles consist of a photo and a few stats; No text!

This site sends an average of two notes per day from random non-matches. These are non-sequitor one (actually, more like half) liners with no reference to my profile. The icing on these is that they've not (auto)viewed my post!

A significant percentage of user names are "A Zoosk Member".

This site consistenly is rated "best" by 'net surveys. The zenith of autoshilling!

i am a bot

Anonymous
they are all at risk when female sex robots of good quality appear on the scene when all the date sites will be wiped out for all eternity and the scamming fraudsters are consigned to history

then what will they think up next ?

al

Anonymous
OKCupid:
This was once likely the best of these sites though, since its acquisition by Matchcom, it is in a process of continual deterioration.

Curiously this site also has the highest percentage of gals who insist on disparaging the President in their profiles.

he has threatened to 'drain the swamp ' so theyre rattled

jon

Anonymous
''plenty of fish''... more like baskets of rotting fish stinking in the sun with flies buzzing around

All times are EST. The time is now 08:08 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content