Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Is it okay to date a divorced woman with a child? I met her online. Advice please?

clarence28

Anonymous
I'm currently dating a girl with a 3 year old son. She already married someone back then and when their relationship turned sour, they divorced. Honestly, I respect the fact that she is a divorcee. The experience has made her more mature which is one trait I appreciate in a woman.

However, the best quality I like in her is her naturally caring attitude. Maybe it's her instinct as a mom that makes her nurturing. All I can say is that she really has a good character. But, her being a mom is also giving me a bit of a worry. I don't have a problem with her having a child. My worry is that I might not be a good fit for the little boy. I care about him too because I really like his mom. Am I wrong for worrying too much about him?

Some of my friends are telling me to call things off but some of my other friends are telling me that it's okay to date her. I don't know which side should I be listening to. They both give me good points and reasons which makes making a decision more difficult. Is it a good thing to listen to the advice of friends? Should I just open up to my girlfriend about this concern? Any advice on my situation?

Andrea

Forum User
Junior
Well, Dating isn't a single mom's top priority, so help her arrange things so she can get out with you. Let her know you understand that her kids come first. If the ex isn't co-parenting and the kids are too young to be left alone, she will have to hire a babysitter or at least have advanced planning to go out. Money might also be tight for her, so offer to pay the sitter and definitely spring for all the other date expenses.

Andrea

Forum User
Junior
Dating a divorced woman with a child Isn't a bad thing. Yes, it is very painful and a very difficult experience for a woman to be separated by her partner, specially if she has a child. Dating someone with a child and who happened to be divorced isn't a big deal for you. If you really find each others interest and your relationship works out fine, then it is ok to date somebody that you think she's the one you will be with for the rest of your life. As long as you understand each other and you are able to support the childs needs and wants, thats the only thing a woman with a child would want you to do. Smile

All times are EST. The time is now 08:34 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content