Online Dating & Relationships Forums

dating scam?!?

RCC

Anonymous
stressed
Hi,

I think my father is being a victim of a dating scam.
He's 70 years old and had a stroke about 2 years ago. My mother died last year. So he's feeling lonely and probably he subscribed several dating websites... he doesn't tell us of course!

But i'm very worried because i discover he's corresponding by email with someone in Ghana. The girl is 28 years old (LOL), so she says... And he already transferred her an amount of money!!! Frown Now she's asking for more money to travel here. We're Portuguese.

I believe this is a scam. Better i am pretty sure it is! But my father is completely foolish with this girl (?!?!)
Although all the warnings we gave him, alerting him about the online scams he still believe this is all true and the girl is serious!! (LOL ... Rolling Eyes )

I don't know what to do to avoid this and my father is not rich!! He lives with is retired pension and nothing more.

What are your advices and what can i do or should do?
I only have her name, address and a scan of the photo she sent to him. She's like a model!!! For me this is a stolen photo or a shut stock photo but he's so innocent that he's buying all these *censored* Frown

I'm so so so worried Frown Help me please!!!
Thank You

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:49 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content