Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Well, in general dating sites are a wasteland of people looking for ?????

Fed Up with Dating Sites

Anonymous
blah
I've been on Match, eHarmony, Zoosk, Chemistry and several other sites over the past 6 years. I have met four women, dated them for several months but overall I find some pretty obvious trends on the dating sites:

1) Women seem to be more liberal, well traveled and claim to be involved in dozens of outdoor activities.
2) Women are very specific and very picky and seem to be looking for Prince Charming.
3) They seem to be hung up on a man's height. Often women 5'2" are searching for men 6'0-6'7"
4) There seem to be a plurality of women who are "athletic and toned"
5) Women tend to be looking for younger guys, many women are 55 looking for 40-50 in men.

Searching the opposite on these sites, I have found that there are no men that seem to fit the wants of most women.

This year I turned 60, everyone pegs me for 45, I am fit, average build, just a regular guy, very successful and have had some women say that my profile is really great. I had it reviewed by the experts at Match and they made no changes. I am not a 60 year old couch potato, I am extremely active. I had professional pictures taken. I wink and send tons of emails. No responses in the last 4 months. No responses on other sites in the 12 months I belonged. I run the age range of 52-62........it doesn't matter. I am seeking other ways to find a woman. If anyone knows of a better way (beyond singles dances), please let me know.

My conclusion is that women are holding out for the perfect man or someone who does not exist. My belief is that there will be many lonely people late in life. Not that many years left after 60. But it is very frustrating for men out there.......

All times are EST. The time is now 12:32 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content