Online Dating & Relationships Forums

POF has gone downhill over the years upgraded members please read

dblosevn

Anonymous
embarrassed
This saddens me being I have been a member on and off since pof only had a couple thousand members way back in 2006-2007 something like that. I remember the first thing that caught my eye about the site "completely Free online dating, We will never ask for your credit card EVER" That sold me from day one because of all the bait and switch that other free dating sites do. Now a couple years ago when you guys decided to make features that we already had in the past require upgrading and paying it sort of pissed me off and I left pof for a long time. Not because I didn't want to pay, but the fact that POF advertised that they would never ask for my credit card and then pulled a bait and switch on me and said oh if you want to CONTINUE to be able to see if a person read your messages you'll have to pay (x) . I eventually got over that and came back, and also decided I had gotten enough out of the site over the years that it would be worth paying for an upgraded membership, so I did.

Within 30 days of paying for the upgrade POF decided that we adults are not responsible enough to click the block button if somebody messages us we don't want, POF decided we are idiots and incapable of configuring message filters to determine who can contact us, and made the decisions for us. I get messages all the time from people I cannot respond too, a service I now pay for should let anybody that would like to contact me do so, I don't need the gods of pof to make decisions for me, I am a business owner and perfectly capable of making my own decisions.
Thats not all though, also within 30 days of upgrading my membership, chat was removed which I used and Im sure a ton of other users used a lot.

I have kind of gritted my teeth and dealt with these shortcomings that are completely the fault of the site owners, and decided well, if I am going to pay for a service I will go somewhere that wont go communist on me and try to control the population because we are all too immature to control ourselves, Maybe its just that I'm from america and I have adverse feelings about my rights being taken away by a service I spend my hard earned money on.

The last straw was today, I decided to upload a pic and make it private, nothing bad I just didn't want to display it on my profile publicly. I can do that, but there's absolutely no way to send it to anyone because communist pof decided males are not mature enough to make a decision to not send inappropriate images to women so they removed the option to send pics in an email altogether but only for men of course because women are so much more mature.

If it hadn't have been like 7 months since I upgraded I would be filing a charge back for my subscription. This service has done nothing but get worse over the last year, and it saddens me because there was a time when I would have said pof was about the best service out there. I no longer refer people to this site and haven't in months. Prior to all these changes I have easily referred at least 200 people to this site over the years.

Until POF decides to set the communist ways aside and use normal moderation practices to control the community, my money will remain in my wallet, and I recommend the other upgraded members consider the same why pay for a service that constantly gives you less and wishes to control you? Doesn't make sense to me for sure.

Markus

Anonymous
Yes i blocked men from sending images on the site back in May.

The reason is simple, 5,000 nude images were sneaking in per month and men would spam these to women, not to mention the thousands of nude images we had to delete per day. we calculated women on average would end up seeing 1 nude image per month while on the site.

This kind of behavior gave the site a bad reputation and caused women to leave in droves. So ya we put a end to it.

drwofwof

Forum User
markus, i want to register my displeasure with your new age policy also.
i'm 65yo and was married for 10 years to a woman 15 years my junior that i met on POF. After a wonderful child, we amicably divorced. I went back to POF hoping for similar luck.

No such thing. I am blocked from responding to women who are more than 15 years my junior.

I am interested in intelligent women. I have to filter many to find one who keeps up. To disallow for no reason 1/3 of the women, makes it difficult at best.

Who are you to decide that a 45yo woman can not make up her own mind about who she wants to date??? NONE of the other sites have this restriction.

Who are YOU to decide that ALL women do not like older men. Yes, i realize you have many complaining women, but let THEM write up a block. It's easy enuf to do, but for YOU to decide that ALL women want "Age Appropriate" men shrieks of naivete, at best, if not outright agism.

I agree completely with the previous poster. I WAS going to upgrade my POF membership until you pulled this stunt.

Every one whose ever upgraded

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

Yes i blocked men from sending images on the site back in May.

The reason is simple, 5,000 nude images were sneaking in per month and men would spam these to women, not to mention the thousands of nude images we had to delete per day. we calculated women on average would end up seeing 1 nude image per month while on the site.

This kind of behavior gave the site a bad reputation and caused women to leave in droves. So ya we put a end to it.

When did u decided ppl should be given a per month price without telling them it's a per month fee
When u go to Walmart do they have 1$ for 3 months under neath the milk's price tag or does it just say what your paying when ur done with the transaction i can't wait to start a website and find out just how much of the money POF has made out of cheating people into thinking there buying a $6 a mont subscription only to find out they just paid almost$100 and with no refund even if u ask 2 minutes after I've bought it and then found out u were screwed over by Plenty Of *censored* ...will be trademarked so don't use it but I will make sure ppl no to jus be smart and use tinder from now on.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:09 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content