Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Senior dating

Rod

Anonymous
From my understanding after talking to my kids (one is married and one is not), I need to use an online dating site to meet someone new. Apparently hanging out with my buddies at the local bar every Friday night is not the way to do it.

I don’t use the internet much. I basically use it to send emails and visit a few websites about my hobby. I would say that I am not an expert when it comes to using a website. I am worried since I have heard that dating sites are complicated to use. I have never even tried Facebook.

I have been told that I should join a senior dating site instead of a more mainstream one like Match.com that I have seen commercials for. I am a widower of 5 years and would like to meet a women who is in her sixties. Someone who is nice, outgoing and likes to see the country. I have been thinking of trying Christian Mingle or Senior People Meet. Which one do others who have been in my situation recommends?

Thanks

Rod

Glen

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

From my understanding after talking to my kids (one is married and one is not), I need to use an online dating site to meet someone new. Apparently hanging out with my buddies at the local bar every Friday night is not the way to do it.

Ha ha ha ha … I had a good laugh at that statement.

First off don’t worry about Facebook. It is not a very good place to meet new people.

Second if you can do online banking then you can easily use a dating site. It is not very hard. If you are stuck in your ways like me then I do suggest trying a dating site for seniors. Sites like plenty of fish are just too much and I find most men in are age bracket tend to get lost in the ocean of profiles, pun intended. Seniorpeoplemeet.com is a good site to meet women in our age group. It is the site I use. I haven’t tried Christian Mingle but religion is not important to me so I have no opinion on them one way or the other.

I hope that helps.

Hanna

Anonymous
loved
I am in my late 60s and have found Okcupid to be confusing and filled with young people. I was going to try Plentyoffish next but maybe Seniorpeoplemeet is the next one I should try out. Does it have people in my age group of over 65? If the site is filled with 50 year men then it is not for me. Evil

I am also looking more for a relationship that is based on companionship. I want someone to talk to and to share the experiences of life. Big Grin

Jim

Anonymous
Hey Rod,

You sound like me. The only time I get out is with the guys after our weekly old timer hockey game and I am not going to meet a women at that unless she is the waitress. My kids have been pestering me to go find someone. They suggested online dating as well. They mentioned some sort of fish site or for me to find some other dating site for seniors. I hate that word by the way. I am not sure the best way to do that so I did some searches and found this message board.

So from what I read hear a good dating site to join is Seniorpeoplemeet? How do I find that and what do I type in?

Thanks

Jim

Miss. S

Anonymous
cheerful
Jim, Seniorpeoplemeet.com is not a bad dating site it just depends on if there are any members living in your area. It took me joining a few dating sites before I found Seniorpeoplemeet.com. They were the only ones that had over 30 members from my town in upstate New York area. Some of the other dating sites I joined wanted me to drive hundreds of miles to meet up with someone. If the date is not in my town then I am not going and I am not interested in hearing about the person. I don’t think it is too much to ask to find someone that is within 20 minutes by car from where I live.

It can’t hurt to join as a member to see if they have anybody you like. Big Grin

Amanda

Anonymous
I would suggest that seniorpeoplemeet would be the best way to go. Aside from it’s a customized site in terms of location, the site has a lot of people in there. Hope you find the right woman! Big Grin

Cycle Guy

Anonymous
I am not sure if you guys are using the same senior people meet dating site that I am. I have had nothing but problems with it.

On the first day my password wouldn't work. After waiting for customer service to contact me I got a new one in about 4 hours. It should have taken 10 minutes.

I then tried contacting a large number of people. I created a really good first email message that explains what I am looking for in a woman and the type of women that shouldn't reply. I sent this email out to probably 50 people and none replied back.

Since I got no replies I then decided to ask for a refund. Customer service said I couldn't get a refund on my one month membership because I had already been using it for 3 weeks.

This is crap!

IndyCar

Anonymous
I got divorced about 5 years ago. I am retired now and I travel a lot with my camper. Its perfect to follow the races around.

Online dating is a great option for me as it allows me to meet interesting people where ever I happen to be. I have used both senior people meet and pof for this and have seen great results. I have no problems recommending both.

Dorie

Anonymous

I am not sure if you guys are using the same senior people meet dating site that I am. I have had nothing but problems with it. On the first day my password wouldn't work. After waiting for customer service to contact me I got a new one in about 4 hours. It should have taken 10 minutes. I then tried contacting a large number of people. I created a really good first email message that explains what I am looking for in a woman and the type of women that shouldn't reply. I sent this email out to probably 50 people and none replied back. Since I got no replies I then decided to ask for a refund. Customer service said I couldn't get a refund on my one month membership because I had already been using it for 3 weeks. This is crap!

I've read reviews about sites charging a persons' card, once they wanted to quit. And, that some of the posts were not real or people that had left and their site was still up. This is what scares me about dating online. I have been reluctant to date online; but my adult son has met 3 online. One he is in love with. He told me its the only way to go. He began early before all these problems; and I don't trust easily or putting a card online to have problems. It is really hard to meet people. Its a jungle out there. Bars are fun for chat and music, but are very transient. Some work out some dont but it's rare. Dorie

Dorie

Anonymous

Ha ha ha ha … I had a good laugh at that statement.

First off don’t worry about Facebook. It is not a very good place to meet new people.

Second if you can do online banking then you can easily use a dating site. It is not very hard. If you are stuck in your ways like me then I do suggest trying a dating site for seniors. Sites like plenty of fish are just too much and I find most men in are age bracket tend to get lost in the ocean of profiles, pun intended. Seniorpeoplemeet.com is a good site to meet women in our age group. It is the site I use. I haven’t tried Christian Mingle but religion is not important to me so I have no opinion on them one way or the other.

I hope that helps.

I agree.... Facebook is not a real dating place. It's more of a social place for friends and also to find old friends from our school days, lost relatives, reconnect with classmates etc.
Please tell more about seniorpeoplemeet.com compared to the other senior dating sites.
There is so many stories about phantom profiles, or ones that left and site has not been taken down. And cards being charged after one quits, and the like. I want the truth and the facts, and am sick of being solo for far too long, but I didn't avail myself to dating and did not try it. Dating is hard for us all.

All times are EST. The time is now 08:19 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content