Online Dating & Relationships Forums

A date by ourselves or with friends?

Steve

Anonymous
I have seen this girl a couple of times over the last year She is a friend of a friend and a year younger than me, I am 29.

I saw her again at a bar last Saturday. She was with two friends and I was with a group of friends. She saw me right away and we started to talk. When she went to grab a drink I asked one of her friends what her situation is and I was told she is single. This was great news as I have had a crush on her since I first met her over a year ago. Around 12:30 my friends decided to call it a night and the girls had decided to hit another bar. She asked if I wanted to come and I said “sure”.

We hung out at the other bar for about an hour and had a good time. We mostly sat and talked. When I was heading out she said not to be a stranger and that we should hang out again. We exchanged numbers and I left.

I would like to call her up on the phone and ask her on a date for dinner. A friend of mine suggests that I should wait a couple of days before I call her and then ask her out with a group of friends. This way she will not feel any pressure. What I am worried about with this approach is that I want her to know my intentions that I am interested in her and would like to pursue a relationship. I don’t want to be just friends.

Most of my dating over the last 2 years has come from online dating. Your intentions are obvious when you use a dating site.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I do a group date with her or just go out by ourselves?

All times are EST. The time is now 02:37 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content