Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Dating someone from your workplace

Brian

Anonymous
There is a women at my work that I want to ask out. I am not sure if she is interested and I do not want to make her feel uncomfortable.

What is the best way for me to ask her out on a date? Is there anything I can do to make her more receptive to me when I do ask her out?

I know work is not the best place to go looking for dates, especially if you work with the person but, I really like her. It is not like I work with her everyday or anything, I really only see her during meetings which is about 3 times a week.

Kuen

Forum User
It's okay to date a person from your work place, the main thing is how both of you are going to mange it.

So ask her to go out and if she say yes it's a good start.

Athena

Anonymous
hopeful
Quote by: Anonymous

There is a women at my work that I want to ask out. I am not sure if she is interested and I do not want to make her feel uncomfortable.

What is the best way for me to ask her out on a date? Is there anything I can do to make her more receptive to me when I do ask her out?

I know work is not the best place to go looking for dates, especially if you work with the person but, I really like her. It is not like I work with her everyday or anything, I really only see her during meetings which is about 3 times a week.

Personally I think work is a good place to meet someone. There are a lot of good reasons for this kind of thinking. First of all , people have a tendency to be more normal when they are not put in a situation of trying to please someone. It nice to see people for who they are. Character building is done in the workplace more so than any place else. How you view another employee or someone who works in another department can give you a pretty good idea how they behave outside of the work place.

There is another consideration about dating someone in the office, they may not be interested and you who seek to have the relationship have to know when to stop if that person is not receptive to your advances. Make the advance cordial and don’t go over the boundaries.

A pitfall to dating at the office, try to keep the relationship low profile to keep it quiet and remain outside of the office environment. It’s important to be professional and not to cause any problems in regards to sticky situations that really is no one else’s business but it is important to keep the private stuff out of the office by curtailing the onset of gossip mongering.

Athena

All times are EST. The time is now 02:16 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content