Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Former Husband's FWB problem

Stacey

Anonymous
My husband and I have been married for over a year now and we are just as happy and excited to be together as the day we got married. I trust my husband 100% and he is not the problem.

I have a problem with one of my husbands former friends. She is a girl but they never dated. Their friendship was a Friends with Benefits type of thing, at least it was to him for a few months until we started to date about 3 years ago. Since then she has remained in our social circle. She doesn't talk to me at all even though I have tried too. I think she was in love with my husband and has never given up hope. She seems to flirt with my husband whenever we all happen to be together with other friends, even after my husband had a talk with her. She seems to want to drive us out of our circle of friends... what should I do?

Athena

Anonymous
hopeful
Quote by: Anonymous

My husband and I have been married for over a year now and we are just as happy and excited to be together as the day we got married. I trust my husband 100% and he is not the problem.

I have a problem with one of my husbands former friends. She is a girl but they never dated. Their friendship was a Friends with Benefits type of thing, at least it was to him for a few months until we started to date about 3 years ago. Since then she has remained in our social circle. She doesn't talk to me at all even though I have tried too. I think she was in love with my husband and has never given up hope. She seems to flirt with my husband whenever we all happen to be together with other friends, even after my husband had a talk with her. She seems to want to drive us out of our circle of friends... what should I do?

I know what I would do ... Do you have the guts to stand up to her?

When I read your writing about the other woman ... I thought of a wonderful movie that came out years ago ... “It’s quite good to watch” ... It’s called: “My Best Friend’s Wedding” with Julia Roberts.

I would make sure I bought a copy of this DVD and wrap it up for “Christmas” and have someone to her when you all get together at your Christmas party social gathering of friends of like. She does not need to know it came from you but that is up to you. You need to also rent a DVD and you and your husband should watch it together ... It’s not meant to hurt her but place a responsibility of her in denial behavior in the right place. If she is going around trying to poison the air of your social circle of friends, I would use as much of the same tactics but with greater care in the end result.

She not going to go away ... but at least she will know that you know and so does everyone else who matters.

Don’t be a chump to other peoples whims!

Athena

JCool

Anonymous
blah
Oh no not friends with benefits… somebody always gets hurt. Like Athena said I think you should stand up to her… or better yet your husband needs to have a talk with her. It shouldn’t be about the stuff you think is true … like her being in love with him but what you can prove. He needs to tell her to stop flirting with him because it makes HIM feel uncomfortable, since he is now a happily married man.

If I were you I wouldn’t confront her or have your husband mention your name. Make it like he has a problem with the flirting. Which he should anyways if it makes you uncomfortable.

Jerry

Lotz

Anonymous
Friends with benefits never works out. I have made the mistake twice and someone always ends up getting hurt. The first time was the guy I was with started to fall for me so I had to end it. Funny enough the second time I was the problem. I really wanted the guy and in the end accepted a FWB relationship hoping I could change his mind. I didn't and we parted not friends.

Since being on the receiving end of things I decided no more combining sex with "friends".

pro100pk2

Anonymous
Be careful with it
it may take him away from you Rolling Eyes

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:55 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content