Online Dating & Relationships Forums

ex boyfriend and Facebook friend request

Hanna

Anonymous
Right now I have one ex-boyfriend as a friend on Facebook. My husband knows about it and he is okay with it. I have been married to my husband for 5 years now and we have 2 kids. The relationship with this ex was long distance and didn't last long. We never had s*x and we had parted ways as friends 10 years ago.

Last night I got another friend request from a different ex. I was very surprised as the last time I saw him was about 12 years ago. From his Facebook profile I can see he is married and has kids. The relationship I had with him was much more steamy and very fun. I am not looking to cheat or anything as I am very happy with my current marriage.

I am curious to see how he is doing though. Should I accept his friend request or not? Do you think it will upset my husband if I do?

Rod

Anonymous
No unless you wouldn't mind him talking to a hot and steamy ex. If you add him you will face creep. If you message and he replies it will turn to flirting/looking back, this is the grey area.

sandrawhite1182

Forum User
For me I don't think it will be a problem with your husband as long as you know your limitation. Meeting ex and long lost friends in Facebook make us curious about their current life. I also have ex's in my Facebook friends list but its not an issue with my husband as he said he trust me and he knew I will never flirt to these guys.

Athena

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

Right now I have one ex-boyfriend as a friend on Facebook. My husband knows about it and he is okay with it. I have been married to my husband for 5 years now and we have 2 kids. The relationship with this ex was long distance and didn't last long. We never had s*x and we had parted ways as friends 10 years ago.

Last night I got another friend request from a different ex. I was very surprised as the last time I saw him was about 12 years ago. From his Facebook profile I can see he is married and has kids. The relationship I had with him was much more steamy and very fun. I am not looking to cheat or anything as I am very happy with my current marriage.

I am curious to see how he is doing though. Should I accept his friend request or not? Do you think it will upset my husband if I do?

Did your mother ever tell you not to play with fire? The funny thing about fire ... it atracts flames ...you know- old flames and sometimes when the flames turn into hot ashes ... without a moment’s notice they could cause a firestorm ... the damage you would have caused would be extensive and that’s the part you won’t be able to handle.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:54 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content