Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Boyfriend is to quiet

Mel

Anonymous
I have been with my boyfriend for over 2 years now and we both have great fun and enjoy each other’s company. The one thing I do find with him is that he can become very quiet either with me or when we go out with friends or go to a party.

We have talked about this and he told me that he is shy. I already knew this since I was the one who pursued the relationship in the first place. He also mention that it is a lot of effort for him to be social.

We can talk on the phone for hours without much problems but it is mostly small talk. When we are face to face is when he gets quiet and I feel like I am leading the conversation.

I sometimes get tired and frustrated with this. I have tried to be quiet myself to see if he would open up but all that happens is silence. Why is he like this and what can I do to get him to open up?

jimkarry02

Forum User
I think he is a bit sufferrig this due to lower confidence you need to do some efforts in building his confidence by appreciating him with what he is doing in daily activities and show or tell him that no body would bother by what he is doing in social, I mean if he is with you then you need to be look beautiful and he also must be well dressed and look smart. see these are very small things but affects a lot in confidence. And make him feel that he is good enough and it doesnt matter much when you are with your girlfriend and enjoying life.

All times are EST. The time is now 08:54 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content