Online Dating & Relationships Forums

pof and evow -what a crock

Page navigation

FIREBIRD

Anonymous
Ok, after you resign from pof because of the Bs, you are told that there is a new free date site fo those serious about meeting someone

WTF?

I thought that was what pof was for. Guess it is now the facebook of dating. Just play with cyber friends

I know that pof has had major changes and Marcus Fink is not smart enough to run TWO date sites and he complains he has to work two hours a day and deposit 10 k a day in the bank-please pass the tissues.

But I thought paying into pof and getting one of those dots meant you were serious?

I wish Fink would just go away

Nessy

Anonymous
I totally agree... if I have to witness the birth of yet another web site which is better than the one before but is the same crap recycled I'm going to be sick....especially when I thought the one beofore couldn't get any worse!!!

Hard to follow but I know what I mean!

Evow and POF suck. That's it. Don't waste your time on them.

Mick

Anonymous
angry
Plenty-offish

anna

Anonymous
indescribable
Yeah...that is my vote, as well...crock-o-sh-t... Reading the official review made me sick...how in the world can they claim that they "allow" only those who are serious about relationships on the paid site??? --only way to do that is to maybe do it scientifically. --like on E-bay buying and selling, with member feedback...*chuckle* >>> vut then they would lose many of their loser members and they would not rake in the dough that they get with this scam. This only strengthens my beliefs...for every person with common sense, there are ten dopes.

Disappointed User

Anonymous
tired
Sadly, I have to agree with your posts. I'm an everyday person, very capable of writing a REAL profile and carrying a REAL conversation - just as I put on my page. I was very specific in what I was looking for and very professional - short and sweet - about it. And not even within an hour, my inbox was flooded with a bunch of spam and short messages from other users that barely gave enough information to even carry on a real conversation. A lot of "Hey, what's up?" and "Let's talk" messages. WTF?! And you wonder why people don't go to on-line dating sites? It really was a complete waste of time and I won't do it again!

anonymous

Anonymous
I also wrote a nice profile and was very specific as to what I was looking for. What I got for replies was totally unrelated to what I had posted. Many of the guys were just looking for a roll in the hay! A lot of them have so many spelling mistakes in their write-up, it's pathetic. By the way , guys, what does "single" mean???? Several men who contacted me had "single" on their profile but were actually married! Disgusting or what?
It's interesting how many "Shallow Hals" are out there. They are looking for women many years younger than them with slim figures etc etc....Get real!

Anonymous

Anonymous
angry
BEWARE OF THIS: eVow site is full of SPAM. I personally have caught two of those. You can pretty much pick on the language they're using, and see it's a good old spam. Tell me what, isn't it odd for a man to state the following: "I was in a happy marriage (before his late wife passed) and gave birth to a son called Henry" ??? This screams of spam, so I blocked him from my E address immediately; too bad couldn't do same on eVow. The other spammer, I can't remember what exactly he said, but it was his first message to me, so I cut it off at once. Another red flag about the first SPAMMER, when he hit me with a bunch of questions, I answered and then asked, would you reciprocate? He goes, do you mean reciprocate or relocate? Now, mind you, I am writing black on white in English, which part isn't clear? It's obvious to me now t hat he clearly wanted to take advantage of me. I think that was a close call. I am not sure if I can post his name or the one he gave me, anyway, but wanted to give everyone a heads up, as from beginning he sounds so sweet, and then boom, SPAM. I am not even sure that all his emails were written by the same person. Ah what the heck, he said his name was Carl Anderson from Columbus, Ohio. His E address is andesoncarl at yahoo dot com. Just like that. I can't remember exactly how old he said he was, but I think in his 50s, and his son is 13 or so he says. He then presents his educational background, very impressive, MBA and more, so why are you so easy to just up and move? Before even knowing me? I think I just spared myself some trouble. I am so disappointed, and this is to put it nicely. Just think of it, these dating sites are a perfect place for the spammers to learn all they want about you. And on the perfect pretext. This sucks a big time. Of course, Marcus Fink couldn't care less. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. They'll take you to the cleaners and laugh all the way...

disappointed

Anonymous
angry
POF has nothing on it but men wanting one thing and claiming how they are wanting a relationship. Nothing but jerks on there. Pervs looking in the wrong place. They should try their local street corner.

Theicephoenix

Anonymous
stressed
It would seem this Particular review is all from women who have had a bad experience. not all the men on POF or evow are jerks and such. i have been on their for about 2 years on both and i don't go trolling for date or women i wait for one to email me because i realized that i act like a typical guy and try to find only the really hot attractive ones and don't give anyone else a chance so i just wait for someone to be interested in me because i know i am nothing special and if a girl emails me then i am excited that someone has interest in me ll. i know i sound pathetic but that's real.

Stymie

Anonymous
cheerful
The only complaint about POF I have is that it does not consider typing as "active". Have lost many longer messages when forgetting to copy before hitting "send". Without fail, you will have been logged off for "lack of activity".

Yes, far the majority of women on there look far worse than their photos, are teases, or players just looking to build a stable of guys willing to buy them drinks/dinner or take them to events, but there is no way to weed them out by the owners of the site. Yes, most are addicted to their toys (and have no problem admitting it), and are probably badly in need of getting laid, but again, how is the site supposed to regulate this?

Actually I've enjoyed myself there, and have had many dates within a relatively short time... and BTW, my standards are very high, so there are plenty of very attractive real women there, who are not totally insane. Yes, some are, but you're going to find that in church on Sunday, as well.

Page navigation

All times are EST. The time is now 08:32 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content