Online Dating & Relationships Forums

E harmony

mary

Anonymous
Several of my friends and I joined E-harmony because we are interested in marriage. We all were displeased because the sight would not let us "re-do" our personality profiles, which we found we had different answers to according to our mood. In addition, we believe some of the men were non-members or former members. And when we tried to ask about that and other types of questions like this, eharmony did not respond.

Maria'

Anonymous
confused
I have found they are NOTHING LIKE myself...1st Date WORST date ,29 WHAT???...they match according to WHAT? also NOT helpful to answering Questions on site... and I TRULY went into this with a Positive Hopeful REALISTIC Additude!!! YOUR NOT ALONE in Thoughts...Keep the Faith Peace

TVD

Anonymous
Yes, Eharmony is a bit of a joke in many respects. Their success is due more to a massie ad campaign than any real magic in finding compatible matches.

In general, I've found the people on eharmony to be more interested in finding a life partner than dating. So far so good.

However, I've found almost no real logic in who they match me with. They bill it as magic, but it still appears to be a numbers game. If they send me x number of profiles for y months, EVENTUALLY, they'll send me someone compatible, at which point they can brag about how well their system works.

Eharmony should definitely switch to a system where they make match recommendations, but users can still search their entire database. If they're sending me so many wrong matches, I'm sure they're NOT sending me some right ones.

Other negatives, they do, (and will admit, just ask them), that they create matches between non-members, who you will not be able to communicate with. It is their philosophy that the non-members/ex-members will see the value of their service and join up.

Also, the website itself is rather poorly laid out. Good design is definitely not their forte.

That said, I HAVE met some decent people on eharmony, even had a six month relationship that unfortunately fell apart, but it was a good match otherwise.

Jeff

Anonymous
The 29 dimensions is truly a joke from my experience. I was matched with a someone that I completely had nothing in common with. I enjoy working out and doing outdoor things. E-harmony matched me with a woman "actual picture" holding a shot of wiskey in one hand and a child in the other hand. Another picture she has a cigarette hanging out of her mouth with a Nascar t-shirt on and tight spandex, plus she weighed about 275 lbs. Real classy gal, thanks e-harmony for the 29 dementia.

Carol

Anonymous
I wasn't pleased with the site either. Supposedly they
have just the one for me. The problem I found was that no one responded after I asked the simplest question. NO ACTION THERE. What a HYPE!

All times are EST. The time is now 02:32 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content