Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Is it bad to be so obsessed with finding someone?

Cat

Anonymous
embarrassed
It's been a while since I posted but here is a question for people!

I've got lots of friends and my job is going fine but I find that the number one priority in my life is to find someone to settle down with. Is this bad? I could be instead helping others by volunteering or hanging out with my nephews or even furthering my career but I can't seem to shake the fact that I want/need a serious relationship.

Marty

Anonymous
To some people, such as the grouchy hermit types or the promiscuous hookup types, wanting a loving relationship with another human being is a no-no... so much so that they consider it a sign of weakness and desperation in others, hence an opportunity to get sadistic and torment them. "Oh, that guy's lonely and desperate... maybe if I drive him to suicide, I'll win a prize." That's the mentality.

It's all relative, however... when enough people finally get tired of not being able to meet someone, and start putting their heads together, picking on lonely people would be like trying to tell car owners to get a horse. For a while, it looks like a crusade, but eventually becomes asinine.

Spirit

Anonymous
happy
I'm christian person and I recommend you to pray to Lord with Faith and Hope then He will give you what you really looking for...

Three sisters in my heart: Faith Hope Love..

All times are EST. The time is now 10:06 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content