Online Dating & Relationships Forums

People who Constantly show you their Dating apps on their I Phone

BlondeAngeL

Forum User
Junior
grumpy
Not sure if this is the correct category, but here goes...

So last month, a female friend & I went into NYC (via RR) for Restaurant Week + to see a Broadway Play. I am 60, she is 61. I met her on the train & as soon as she sat down, she whipped out her phone & proceeded to show me men she was messaging on her dating app. (I am not single/looking)

I didn't come out & say it, but I did act a bit indifferent towards it, bec. I thought it was inappropriate & frankly I was NOT INTERESTED & I found it a tad bit RUDE & JUVENILE, plus I felt these men were being broad casted to me 2nd hand. I wouldn't like it if I were on a site & some guy was showing my profile to all his friends, etc.

That day she kept checking her phone often & I said nothing bec. I don't see her often but mentally made a note of the behavior.

Now another friend/neighbor recently did the same thing, also age 61. Showing me her ad, asked me to take pix, showing me her inbox, bla bla bla. WTF, I felt it was rude, now 2 ppl in a month do the same?

Is this the new normal, that older broads are on these apps & keep showing content like it is some sort of BADGE OF HONOR???

IMO it's a GIANT FIDGET SPINNER, & the behavior is childish (whipping out the phone, showing their ad, other ppl's ads, emails etc.)

Even if I myself were single & looking, I would most likely keep my stuff private from friends & family.

I think the next time someone does this to me, I may tell them "Please don't show me your dating app, but show me or tell me when you are in a serious LTR & I will dance the jig w/ you, but until then I'm not interested in seeing or hearing about random nonsense, period"!
BA

Sue

Anonymous
She is just excited about dating again. I know I was when I started online dating after being married for 20 years and then divorced. She may also like to gossip a bit.

Maybe because you are not single at the moment you just don't share in the excitement?

I guess it also depends if she was more treating the men like objects and pointing out all the negatives and making fun of them. That would not be cool.

I think your respond is good except maybe tone down the negativity at the end. Big Grin Someone who is already showing you these profiles already may not fully understand.

All times are EST. The time is now 11:26 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content