Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Fetlife

Rose

Anonymous
I was a member of fetlife for 10 years. Obviously I thought it was one of the best sites on the internet for it niche. Recently I found out something about the site that totally turned me off. So much so that I deleted my entire account, never to return again, here's what I found out (my reason for the bad rating):
I was talking to this man, long story short, we started talking on kik (this is typical, no big deal), as soon as I told him I was thinking about leaving fetlife, he told me he couldn't talk to me anymore, so naturally I asked him why that was?
He told me he was hired by fetlife to keep member on the site by any means necessary...meaning if he had to show his naked body parts (and he had 100's of dick shots in his photo section, also not unusual for the site), use dirty talk, agree to meet, hookup, etc...that's what he should do. He also told me there where a lot of people working for fetlife and their job description was to keep members on fetlife and try to get more "paying" members to the site, using whatever they had to do to get that accomplished.
Did I believe him? Obviously I did because I left the site after 10 years of being of member.
If this site is so great for us kinksters why do they need to higher scammers to keep members on the site?
Needless to say I think their tactics are sleazy and underhanded and I won't be a part of a site like that.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:38 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content