Online Dating & Relationships Forums

On Match.com how can I turn off the automatic renewal of subscription?

Manic Monday

Anonymous
embarrassed
So I signed up to Match for 6 months which I am enjoying so far. I have met a few nice men and one in particular. Anyways I think the current guy may be the one and I want to make sure my Match membership does not renew in 2 months (I have already used 4).

How do I make sure the auto renewal is disabled. The biggest complaint I see on most dating sites is turning off the auto renewal.

Joshua

Anonymous
It is not as bad as other dating site but Match does allow you to disable the auto renew.

1. Log into Match and go to your profile.
2. In the upper right there is a gear next to your profile avatar.
3. Click on the gear will bring up a menu and then click on the settings.
4. From the settings page click on the Change/Cancel Membership link
5. Enter your password and then it will take you to your membership page where you can stop the auto renewal or cancel your Match account.

When you have stopped it I would print the page for proof. You can also see your subscription status on the settings page and how much longer your term is.

If you end up canceling your account make sure you hide your profile on the settings page or you will still get messages and alerts from Match.

Sass

Anonymous
I've joined Match 3 times over the last couple of years and never had billing issues. I usually join for 3 months and turn off the auto renew right away.

It has never magically flipped back on. The other person is right though. When not using Match hide your profile to disable all the email messages about other members viewing your profile.

Good luck!

ZZTop

Anonymous
Never used Match but had problems on another dating site a few years ago that has since closed down. I ended up canceling the credit card as I could not get them to stop charging me.

bob

Anonymous
rest assured that they will make it as difficult as possible to turn it off as they want to keep bashing your CC till hell freezes over

All times are EST. The time is now 07:27 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content