Dating Sites Reviews Forums

Scammer on Hinge

James2497

Anonymous
I've been using the HINGE app and I would like to report a user by the name of Brentin.

We had been texting for the weekend of October 20 and I called the number he gave and it was a telemarketer.
Unfortunately I did not have a chance to report him, as I immediately deleted him before reporting him.

Thanks
Nory

James2497

Anonymous
All the guys on Hinge in the 53-59 year age range are scammers. All are foreign, have usually one young kid who’s in boarding school, wife is dead, they change their location on their profile, they’re in the Oil/engineer field of work, bad grammar and spelling. Cannot answer questions about location. Profile pics do not add up and usually not traceable. Hinge does not care these people are scamming - they could be a front for these scammers.

James2497

Anonymous
okay
Scammer with very handsome photos. Said he was 52, was a petroleum engineer. Went to MIT. Half Spanish and half Romanian. Wife died 8 years ago of breast cancer. Texted for a couple days and he got very romantic very fast. I said I do not discuss those things by text and actually suggested we talk so I could hear his voice. He called me and sounded 25-35, with poor grammar and and a very weird accent. Fortunately I am very good at accents since I speak a few languages and have lived in foreign countries. He sounded stilted, and in one of his texts used y'all. Y'all is definitely not used by foreigners. He said he learned his English in South Africa. I am sorry but my professor was South African. He did not have that accent at all. He acted very hurt when I paused and asked me what was wrong. I told him there is a huge disconnect here. You do not sound like what you have represented to me. I cannot continue to talk to you. He hung up and disappeared from my matches.

Beware of the handsome photos that look too good to be true. That is meant to lure you in.

James2497

Anonymous
angry
I’m reading these posts and have had the exact same experiences. Hot guys with professional photos (stock art I’m sure) all have dead wives, kids with nanny’s or boarding school and work in oil industry as engineers. WTF? So what I do is scam them back. Tell bold lies. Then after I get them sucked in thinking I’m some rich *censored*, I ask them for money. I’m onto them. Plus you can tell by their pics they are fake, every other site guys have shitty selfies or pics of them holding fish

James2497

Anonymous
embarrassed
I was recently scammed by a guy on Hinge named Steve Oakley. Supposedly a pilot for Emirates Airlines. Beware!

I never thought I'd be dumb enough to let a guy scam me but I was. He got me for about 15k I am reporting him to the Federal Trade Commission as well as the FBI. I doubt I will ever get my money back which is bad enough but the emotional toll he has taken on me and that damage that has been done will never be repaired. Ladies be cautious.

James2497

Anonymous
embarrassed
I was recently scammed by a guy on Hinge named Steve Oakley. Supposedly a pklot for Emirates Airlines. Beware!

I never thought I'd be dumb enough to let a guy scam me but I was. He got me for about 15k I am reporting him to the Federal Trade Commission as well as the FBI. I doubt I will ever get my money back which is bad enough but the emotional toll he has taken on me and that damage that has been done will never be repaired. Ladies be cautious.

James2497

Anonymous
angry
I was scammed out of a fortune by a man on Hinge named William Sudeikis. Anyone else? And is anyone willing to speak with me about their experience? I feel like I need a support group at this point. I reported everything to the FBI and FTC, but it is so unsatisfying. The one good thing is that the fake Keytrade link he sent me has been shut down. There is no IP address for it anymore.👌How can we reach out to each other if we want to commiserate?
Thank you,
AK

James2497

Anonymous
freakingout
Quote by: Anonymous

I was recently scammed by a guy on Hinge named Steve Oakley. Supposedly a pilot for Emirates Airlines. Beware!

He recently tried to scam me on Tinder until I asked for a video.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:57 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content