Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Plenty of fish owner makes 30.00 everythime you log on

firebird

Anonymous
Source datingingpost.com

Marcus fink of plenty of fish makes

30 DOLLARS everytime you log onto his site

PARTS OF THE ARTICLE Do NOT support this site or this guy. He is a _________ fill in the blank

PlentyOfFish surveyed 100,000 US members, the results are interesting.

People get sick of PoF and go join a paid dating site, PoF is actually helping paid dating. I’ve been saying this forever.

People pay for one dating site, but belong to one or more free sites. All the hype about belonging to multiple dating sites has always been incorrect.

People who took the survey in the US are older than I expected.

I also asked a few questions about ads, only 30% of people admited clicking on them, most said they look at the ad and than check out the site later and signup.

As long as PoF sets a tracking cookie, Markus makes $30 or more every time someone signs up for a dating site through PoF. What a great business model.

Jim

Anonymous
smart
Quote by: firebird

Source datingingpost.com

Marcus fink of plenty of fish makes

30 DOLLARS everytime you log onto his site

PARTS OF THE ARTICLE Do NOT support this site or this guy. He is a _________ fill in the blank

PlentyOfFish surveyed 100,000 US members, the results are interesting.

People get sick of PoF and go join a paid dating site, PoF is actually helping paid dating. I’ve been saying this forever.

People pay for one dating site, but belong to one or more free sites. All the hype about belonging to multiple dating sites has always been incorrect.

People who took the survey in the US are older than I expected.

I also asked a few questions about ads, only 30% of people admited clicking on them, most said they look at the ad and than check out the site later and signup.

As long as PoF sets a tracking cookie, Markus makes $30 or more every time someone signs up for a dating site through PoF. What a great business model.

It's called affiliate marketing. How do you think this site makes money? Every time you click on a dating site through datingsitereviews.com and join, the owner of this site gets paid. Some dating sites probably pay them something for just clicking on their site. Adultfriendfinder pays $1 per click. So if you click on the link for adultfriendfinder.com through this site, datingsitereviews gets paid a buck. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this; and this is an amazing site and provides a great content and forums.

comfyinskin

Anonymous
Not really sure why it would bother anyone that he makes money from the site when it is free to all users. I love the site; I am still searching for someone and like using it. He's an entrepreneur; he is entitled to make money. God bless America!

Seems like you have a personal vendetta against the guy.

BOB

Anonymous
Yeah, well, it's a volume based business. No different really than coffee shops ... just chasing the nickels. No different than Microsoft actually, low cost high volume.

Granted. given the frustration and lack of results POF has for it's user base, it's somewhat irritating that someone is making money because a user wasted a bunch of time using POF.

POF is jujst chasing that niche (although big) market of people who wouldn't dream of using a dating service, but are willing to try it for free. That pool of people, will eventually dry up .... a year or 2 or 3 ... but it will dry up.

The ads for paid dating services on the site are well placed ... a fair number of frustrated people will indeed try a paid service, if for no other purpose than to finish what they started.

All dating services, online or otherwise, have extremely low success rates, despite testimonials etc. to the contrary.

Interesting to read in the forums, that a lot of people meet there significant other at POF meets rather than online.

POF has a bunch of trivial psychological tactics built in to the system as well ... it's easy to spot if aware of that field.

cambscot

Anonymous
Quote by: comfyinskin

Not really sure why it would bother anyone that he makes money from the site when it is free to all users. I love the site; I am still searching for someone and like using it. He's an entrepreneur; he is entitled to make money. God bless America!

He's Canadian Wink

a

firebird

Anonymous
My problem with POF's owner making money for so littel work is that his site is worthless for just about everyone i have read comments posted about this site.

A few do make some type of connection but i have yet to see anyone get married that met on POF.

Meanwile, Markcus Fink rakes in millions for a service that does not produce results.

He does not deserve the money he crows about making working 1 hour a day.

If the site worked, then fine

But he is a fake . Like those info merciasl that you can buy wonderous things for only a few dollars but turn out to be a wast e of money and or time.

Marcus talks the talk but does not walk the walk.

He is even beginning to say that he is working too much and is considering charging for POF. I HOPE so. Let's see all those loser jump ship when he does. And his site goes down.

I can't wait.

I hate tjhis guy , and his control freak ways-and his moderators suck too

POF_user

Anonymous
I don't see how it could be the fault of Marcus if no one gets married from POF. I think a site like match.com is much worse. Paying to register is so much sketchier.
Besides, where do you get your facts? How do you know the data of marriages that occur from POF? Serioulsy???

LAdame

Anonymous
I've been using PoF for several years both in L.A. and in Vancouver. I have met many great men and had a couple of longer relationships. Not sure why others here are whinning about Fink making money. Should he offer a service for free and put in a lot of time and thought and not make something for his effort? Would you rather pay other sites and get similar results. I'm sure Match etc. are making money for every hit on their sites too. In L.A. there are many of the same people on PoF as on paid sites. A lot of decent people if you know how to read through the flakes and not waste your time. I'm in my late 40's so maybe at this age we can tell who's who without having to meet them face to face.
Also..reading some of the other posting here...Rule #1: Never ask a guy you met on a site over to your place on a 1st date and wonder why they're all over you. That's asking for serious trouble.

anonymous

Anonymous
I know of two different couples who met/married from POF

noHATERHERE

Anonymous
Quote by: firebird

My problem with POF's owner making money for so littel work is that his site is worthless for just about everyone i have read comments posted about this site.

A few do make some type of connection but i have yet to see anyone get married that met on POF.

Meanwile, Markcus Fink rakes in millions for a service that does not produce results.

He does not deserve the money he crows about making working 1 hour a day.

If the site worked, then fine

But he is a fake . Like those info merciasl that you can buy wonderous things for only a few dollars but turn out to be a wast e of money and or time.

Marcus talks the talk but does not walk the walk.

He is even beginning to say that he is working too much and is considering charging for POF. I HOPE so. Let's see all those loser jump ship when he does. And his site goes down.

I can't wait.

I hate tjhis guy , and his control freak ways-and his moderators suck too

I hear a tinge of Jealousy in your post!

I think what the guy does is GREAT (in terms of Revenue). The site sucks--but hey, it's free.
He's able to do with ONE PERSON--what takes Match.com 300 or more (plus MILLIONS in Television Advertising).

Do you realize what the Cost per Subscriber is for someone like E-Harmony ---I GUARANTEE YOU (based on their churn/and their RELENTLESS Television Advertising....it's costing them WELL OVER $100-$200 to acquire a subscriber. (thus why they are THE HIGHEST in the Industry).

In addition, Match.com "claims" (which I doubt)--that 25,000 new subscribers sign up daily.
How many do you think actually Convert...I bet if they get 1% they are LUCKY.

Why are the GIVING AWAY 6-months free?! Because if they didn't---their churn would KILL THEM---and they'd have ZERO content.

Want to know what it costs PlentyofFISH to acquire a subscriber---ZERO!!!

I applaud the guy...he "hit the lottery"--personally I hate the site (the "quality" of subscriber is what you'd expect---those living in Trailer Parks---but hey, they need a way to meet people too!

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:11 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content