Master Matchmakers Review
Master Matchmakers is a high-end professional matchmaking service that has been coaching and connecting singles for over 20 years. Founded by JoAnn Ward in Philadelphia, the company is a family owned and operated venture now jointly run by JoAnn and her son, Steven Ward.
From 2009 to 2013, this dynamic family duo played cupid as the Hosts and Executive Producers of VH1's Tough Love. The hit reality TV show followed the Wards as they put groups of lovelorn singles through "Tough Love Bootcamp" to address their issues with intimacy and communication. With each episode's themes and challenges, participants came one step closer to finding the healthy, happy relationships they'd been searching for.
A book deal followed the success of the Tough Love series. As co-authors of Crash Course in Love, JoAnn and Steve dish out dating and relationship lessons in their trademark no-nonsense style. The book guides readers to flirt with purpose, set up a date, turn a spark into a lasting connection, manage relationship fears, bounce back from rejection, and more – all with plenty of the “tough love” fans have come to expect from the Wards.
The family's most recent endeavor is Love Lab, a mobile application for verifying people are who they say they are before going on a date.
JoAnn and Steve are frequently featured in the press as thought leaders and industry experts. They have appeared in Cosmopolitan, Redbook, Glamour, People, OK! and US Weekly magazines, and on shows including Good Morning America, The Today Show, Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, and EXTRA.
With such a wide range of experience, Master Matchmakers clients can rest assured they're in some of the most seasoned hands in the business. The company uses a combination of face to face interviews, background checks, and a “proprietary approach” to connect compatible singles. Clients are also assigned a personal coach to offer support and guidance along the way.
To begin, complete the Get Started form. A Master Matchmakers representative will contact you to discuss service and pricing options. Once you have selected a package, the team will begin sending your profile and photos to prospective matches.
Say yes to a match and Master Matchmakers will share your contact information. The rest is up to you, but don't forget to give feedback so your matchmakers get better and better at pairing you.
Sign up for a free consultation to see if Master Matchmakers is right for you.
Positives of Master Matchmakers
- Founded by JoAnn Ward, a matchmaker with 30 years of experience, and her son Steve Ward, Host and Executive Producer of the VH1 show Tough Love
- Does the work for you by vetting and hand-selecting matches with verified photos
- Offers free consultations to determine if the service is right for you, as well as personal coaching throughout the experience
- Guaranteed Matches
- All matches have national criminal background checks done
Negatives of Master Matchmakers
- A more expensive option than online dating sites or apps
- Though service is nationwide, singles who don't live in populated, urban areas may struggle with a smaller pool of potential matches
At a Glance
- United States
- Member Numbers:
- Not Available
- From $2,500
- Membership Types:
Average User Reviews & Ratings
How it Works
To become a client, start by completing the Get Started form and scheduling a free consultation call. A representative will contact you to discuss pricing and service options.
Prices for coaching and matchmaking vary depending on your needs and budget. A team member will use the initial conversation to determine which program will be most effective based on your circumstances. The overall fee is calculated based on the number of matches and/or coaching sessions purchased, the specificity of the criteria established, the marketability of the client to those they wish to meet, who the coach will be, etc.
Master Matchmakers agrees to produce at least a minimum number of introductions as part of its paid service. After the team gets to know you and your goals, they begin representing you to prospects who meet as much of your criteria as possible. Those who show interest in you are presented as a potential match, along with profiles, photos, and any other important details you wish to know.
If you accept a match (called a mutual match as both people have to agree), Master Matchmakers exchanges phone numbers and expects you to arrange a call. It's up to you to take the next steps and provide feedback along the way so the team can serve you better.
Members are matched with other members in the database, but matches may be found from outside the database if needed. Once you have met a match in person, it counts as one of your offical matches. After your date you can provide feedback about your match to help the matchmakers to fine tune your criteria for future matches.
Clients needing extra assistance can sign up for personal coaching. Meet face-to-face with your coach to identify patterns, break habits, gain perspective, sharpen your skills, and develop a plan for achieving your romantic goals. Coaches are available as needed between sessions and throughout the matchmaking experience help you find, form, and maintain the ideal relationship.
- United States (Nationwide)
- Popular in the following cities: Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington
Relationship Types Allowed
Your Relationship Status
Relationships You can Find
Master Matchmakers Costs
- Prices last confirmed May 28, 2018. Please check Master Matchmakers for most recent pricing. All prices in USD unless specified otherwise. Prices may differ based on location, time of purchase, or device used
- Fees vary according to package chosen
- No set time frame on the service. Overall fee depends on the number of matches and coaching sessions you have
- Reported cost to begin service: $2,500 (approx)
- Includes a non-refundable $450 “Qualification Fee”
Other Master Matchmakers Information
- Master Matchmakers is highly rated with ConsumerAffairs, Trustpilot, and the Better Business Bureau
- The Wards are also behind Love Lab, an anonymous, peer-to-peer verification service for the dating industry
- Master Matchmakers is located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida and has been in business since 2002. They are accredited business with the BBB and have a rating of A-
Related Posts & Pages
- No related items found.
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our information at DatingSitesReviews.com we shall not be held responsible for any discrepancy. There is a possibility that the information provided here is outdated or wrong, please check with the service directly for the most recent information. As always you should read your terms of service before purchasing a product and/or signing up to any online service. DatingSitesReviews.com may receive a portion of revenue if you click a link in this page and buy a product or service.
DatingSitesReviews.com is a resource for online dating which includes reviews for related apps and sites. We provide this service for free and instead choose to generate the income for the business from advertising and affiliate programs. We may receive advertising compensation from the sites listed on this page if you click a link and buy a product or service.