For many religious singles, a niche dating service offers an effective and modern way to find a partner of the same religious background.
LDSPlanet.com was created to connect members of the Mormon community seeking love, friendship, pen pals, and travel partners. Unlike mainstream dating services, LDSPlanet is devoted solely to helping Mormon men and women find meaningful relationships built on mutual faith and love. LDS (Latter-Day Saints) values are instilled in the foundation of the community, ensuring it's a comfortable and convenient place to meet compatible singles who share your ideals.
Alongside other platforms including SingleParentMeet.com, OurTime.com, LDSPlanet is part of the People Media network of niche dating sites owned and operated by Match.com's parent company, IAC. People Media's mission is to support singles who prefer a personalized dating experience, and since launching in 2002, it has become the definitive online personals provider for specialized communities.
There is no charge to join LDSPlanet and make a profile. Getting started is as simple as signing up with an email address and completing a short personal essay about yourself. After the initial account is created, you may continue to build out your profile with additional details about your career, education, political affiliation, appearance, and lifestyle. You may also include faith-specific information on your profile, such as your temple status and church activity.
To tell matches more about who you are, LDSPlanet provides multiple choice personality questions and three writing prompts about your life, church affiliation, and hobbies. You can also add up to three interests that express your passions and lifestyle, and specify up to four icebreaker questions matches may answer when sending you a message. These features are optional, but are recommended to help matches get to know you.
All members may begin searching LDSPlanet as soon as they create a profile. However, only members with paid subscriptions can communicate via mail messages or instant messaging. Subscriptions range from $16.99 for a single month to $8.99 for a six-month package, plus a one-time $3.99 processing fee for all new upgrade orders.
Free users can take advantage of other ways to connect with members, like Faves, Flirts, and photo comments. Profiles you have interacted with appear in the Who I Like section. Those who have returned the favor can be found under the Connections tab. Navigate to your homepage for an updated list of new members in your area, as well as any important notifications or reminders.
If you're a single Mormon seeking a partner who shares your values and beliefs, or simply wish to meet more members of the same faith for friendship, LDSPlanet prides itself on connecting members of the LDS community in many different ways. Register for a free profile to decide if the platform is right for you.
Positives of LDSPlanet
- Offers a targeted experience for Mormon singles who prefer not to use generalized dating sites
- Profiles contain details relevant specifically to faith-based dating, including church activity and temple status
- Suggested message ideas help shy singles break the ice
Negatives of LDSPlanet
- May be overly simplistic for someone seeking a range of features and functions
- Provides a smaller pool of potential matches than mainstream dating services
- Only paying subscribers can communicate with other users
At a Glance
- United States, Canada
- Member Numbers:
- Not Available
- Cost per Month:
- From $8.99 / month
- Membership Types:
- Free - Basic
Average User Reviews & Ratings
LDSPlanet Free Membership
- Free memberships available
- Create a profile
- ? Sign up with gender/seeking, location, username and password, date of birth, and email address
- Complete short personal essay
- Edit your profile
- Complete 'About' section
- Covers basic personal information including appearance, occupation, education, religion, relationship status, and lifestyle
- Complete 'About' section
- Respond to personality prompts
- A little about me...
- How I feel about the Church...
- What I do for fun...
- Answer personality questions
- Multiple choice
- Add up to three interests
- Add message ideas
- Add photos
- Upload from device or import from Facebook
- Maximum file size: 5 MB
- Accepted formats: JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- May opt to make photos available to the LDSPlanet.com extended network and search engines
- Opted-in members can appear on external search results for LDSPlanet.com as well as on LDSPlanet.com partner channels for up to two weeks at a time
- Create a profile
- Not Included:
- Enhanced search and match options
- Chat by instant message
- See members who have Flirted with you
- See members who have Fave'd you
- Send and receive mail messages
Relationship Types Allowed
Your Relationship Status
Relationships You can Find
- Prices last confirmed September 14, 2018. Please check LDSPlanet for most recent pricing. All prices in USD unless specified otherwise. Prices may differ based on location, time of purchase, or device used
- Premium subscription is available
- 1 month for $16.99
- 3 months for $12.32 per month
- Billed in one payment of $36.97
- 6 months for $8.99 per month – save 59%
- Billed in one payment of $53.94
- One time $3.99 processing fee added to all new upgrade orders
- Payments accepted via credit card or PayPal
- Subscriptions automatically renew for same price and package until cancellation
LDSPlanet Viewing & Communication Features
- Mail messages
- Instant messages
- Photo Likes
- Mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Free to download
- Edit profile
- Upload photos
- Swipe to view matches
- Search matches
- Send, receive, and reply to messages
- See Favorites, Views, and Yes Votes
- Send and view Flirts
- Save profiles
- Like photos
Search For Members By
- Standard search
- List view and gallery available
- Search by:
- Keyword, Online now, Username, Who's viewed me
- Filter by:
- Age range, Location, Photos, Appearance, Looking for, Relationship status, Children
- Sort by:
- Distance, Activity, New members, Members online
- I'm Interested
- Today's Matches
- Must respond to current matches in order to receive new matches
- Who Do You Like?
- New Members
- Who Viewed Me
Other LDSPlanet Information
- Part of the People Media network, which is owned and operated by IAC
Related Posts & Pages
- Match Group Information, Statist...
- Match Group Stock Take a Hit as ...
- NY Appeals Court Rules Against I...
- Hinge CEO Justin McLeod Launches...
- Tinder Series Swipe Night Will G...
- IAC Plans to Spin Off Match Group
- Former Tinder Executives Face Mo...
- Match.com Responds To FTC Lawsui...
- Tinder’s Latest Legal Entangleme...
- FTC Sues Match Group For Fraud
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our information at DatingSitesReviews.com we shall not be held responsible for any discrepancy. There is a possibility that the information provided here is outdated or wrong, please check with the service directly for the most recent information. As always you should read your terms of service before purchasing a product and/or signing up to any online service. DatingSitesReviews.com may receive a portion of revenue if you click a link in this page and buy a product or service.
DatingSitesReviews.com is a resource for online dating which includes reviews for related apps and sites. We provide this service for free and instead choose to generate the income for the business from advertising and affiliate programs. We may receive advertising compensation from the sites listed on this page if you click a link and buy a product or service.