Online dating is not just a young person's game. Dedicated to the over-50 crowd, OurTime is a dating service for seniors who are single and ready to mingle. Looking for love in your 50s, 60s, or 70s (and beyond!) is different than dating in your 20s or 30s – and this site caters to those differences. Our Time offers a straightforward dating experience with no frills and no fuss.
New users can sign up for a free account on the site by filling out basic profile information and writing a short personal essay. With that finished, you can either start searching for matches or complete a more extensive profile. The full profile includes a more detailed About section and additional personal essays, as well as personality questions, the option to add interests, and message ideas designed to act as icebreakers.
Without a paid membership, users can search for matches but their contact options are limited. Only upgraded members can exchange email messages or chat via instant messages. Paid members can also see who has Flirted with them, who has Fave'd them, and who has Liked their photos. The experience is significantly enhanced for paid members, making it almost essential to upgrade.
Other add-ons can be purchased using Tokens, Our Time's virtual currency, regardless of your subscription status. Tokens come in bundles of 25, 110, or 280 and can be used to acquire add-on features. With Notify Me, you can receive an alert every time a specific member logs in over the next 7 days. With Promote Me, you can put yourself at the top of search results for 60 minutes to attract more attention. Virtual gifts can also be purchased and sent using Tokens.
There are multiple options to search for members on OurTime.com, allowing users to choose what works best for them. A standard search is performed by age range and location, with the option to show only profiles that have photos. More advanced parameters cover physical appearance, religion, children, and more. If you prefer the site to do the hard work for you, Today's Matches shows members Our Time thinks you'll like.
Our Time also offers more game-like search options. Who Do You Like features a pair of profiles Our Time thinks might interest you based on what you're looking for. If you see someone you like in this section, click their photo and they are automatically sent a Flirt. If you don't like either of the matches, click Skip to go to the next pair of photos. The I'm Interested feature is similar, but shows only one profile at a time. Respond with a yes or a no and you are immediately presented with a new profile to review. It's essentially Tinder's swiping mechanism redesigned for the web.
The actual swipe comes into play on the Our Time mobile apps, which are available for both iOS and Android. The apps offer most of the functionality of the desktop version, from I'm Interested, to messages, to views and favorites, to Flirts. You can also view Today's Matches, upload photos, and conduct searches from the mobile apps.
Overall, Our Time is a well done, comprehensive service. The layout is simple and easy to navigate. Communicating with your matches is as easy via email messages, Flirts, and virtual gifts. There is also an option to chat live with other members currently online. The profile contains enough questions that you can make yours unique and exciting for the right person. The site also provides practical advice for meeting on and offline, as well as articles that teach you how to create a compelling profile, offer dating tips specifically for boomers, and more.
Our Time is a safe and easy way to meet mature singles in your area. Give it a try via the Our Time website or Android and iPhone dating apps.
Positives of OurTime
- Members can search for singles in their area instantly, without a paid subscription
- The site is user-friendly, with a ton of helpful features that are easy to use
- Multiple methods of matching allow users to find the one that works best for them
Negatives of OurTime
- The features are not as complex as other sites. While this does make it less confusing for seniors new to online dating, those who are familiar with online dating and the internet may desire more tools and intricacy
- Many of the site's best features are not included for free members
- Profile verification is limited to email and/or phone text
Editors Bottom Line
What should you take away from this review of OurTime? Our expert explains:
The dating service "OurTime" is ideal for singles aged 50 and over. One of the most popular senior dating service in North America thanks to having a large number of members and easy to use interface.
A list of up to the last 5 awards for the Current year and/or Past that OurTime has been the recipient of, in the Dating Sites Reviews Choice awards.
Note: See this page for a full list of past awards
At a Glance
- United States, Canada
- Member Numbers:
- Not Available
- Cost per Month:
- From $15.00 / month
- Membership Types:
- Free - Basic
Average User Reviews & Ratings
OurTime Profiles & Sign Up Process
The OurTime dating service can be accessed from their website or via an app for your phone (Android and iOS). Signing up to OurTime is free which allows you to browse and search for members. When you first create your account on the app or website, OurTime will ask you for the following information:
- Select if you are a male or female and what gender you are looking for
- Then specify your Country and Zipcode, First Name, Password, Birthday, and Email
- Upload photos
- Can upload photos directly from your Facebook account or select the ones you want to use from your device
- Asked if you will make your photos available to the OurTime.com extended network and search engines
- Note if you do not upload a photo your profile will remain in invisible mode. This means no one can see your profile in the search results
- Personal essay
- "In a Nutshell", describe yourself in 1,250 characters or fewer
- Choose a greeting
- Make it easy for potential matches to start a conversation by selecting a greeting that reflects your passions and interests
- Options include “witty,” “intellectual,” “ambitious,” “nature lover,” “foodie,” and “artistic”
- Improve your matches
- Help OurTime.com find better matches by selecting the pictures you like
Once you have signed up you can then visit your profile (found under the settings menu) to further add in information about yourself and the type of person you are looking for. A basic profile is all you need to start using OurTime, but it’s recommended that you completely fill out your profile to get the most out of the service. Your full profile includes the following sections:
- Looking for, education, religion, occupation, income, political affiliation
- Where I grew up, marital status, pets, smoking preference, children
- Body type, height, hair, eyes, ethnicity
- Personal Essays
- A little about me...
- About the one I'm looking for...
- I'd just like to add...
- Personality Questions
- Answer 7 multiple choice questions like “Do you enjoy cooking” and “Are you romantic?”
- My Top Interests
- Choose up to three interests from a list of 30 activities and hobbies
- Interests include fitness, crafts, sports, religion, gardening, travel , etc...
- For each interest you pick you can also comment about why you like it
- These are also used as suggest message conversation starters by OurTime
- Message Ideas
- Choose up to 4 questions that people who are interested may answer when they send you a message
- This is a great way to direct topics for messages to help you learn about those who contact you
- Conversation Starters
- OurTime will ask you a number of questions which you can select one or more anwsers to
- Questions usuall deals with activities
- Conversation Starters appear on your profile right under your main profile photo
You can also check under "My Account" for more changes you can do. This includes:
- Your Location
- Age range of members to show your profile to
- Extended network and public availability of user profile information
- Enable or not of displaying your Astrological Sign
- List of blocked users
- Change your online status so you don't appear in the online search and to disable the live chat. This setting only lasts as long as your visit
- Account Status
- What type your account is (Free, Paid)
- How long until your subscription ends and what the renewal rate is
- Your transaction history
- Enable/Disable email alerts
- Hide your profile
- Remove/Delete your profile
- Onsite Notifications
- Turn individual onsite notifications on and off
- Enable/Disable the notifications toolbar
- Email Alerts
- Turn individual email notifications on and off
Relationship Types Allowed
Your Relationship Status
Relationships You can Find
OurTime has a limited free membership and several different paid premium subscriptions.
- Prices last confirmed March 28, 2019. Please check OurTime for most recent pricing. All prices in USD unless specified otherwise. Prices may differ based on location, time of purchase, or access point (this can include device used and/or if accessed from a website or app)
- Free Plan
- Create a profile and upload photos
- Search for members
- View member profiles and photos
- View matches and accept or decline a match
- Favorite profiles
- Send a Flirt / Express Interest
- Like and comment on photos
- See who has viewed your profile
- Costs: Free
- Premium Plan
- All Free Plan features
- Enhanced search and match options
- Chat by instant message
- Send & receive emails
- See who is interested/flirted with you
- See members who have Fave'd you
- See members who have Liked your photos
- Full mobile access
- Costs (in USD):
- Full Price - 1 month for $29.96
- Standard - 6 months for $90 ($15 per month)
- Best Value Plan
- All Premium Plan features
- Message read notification
- Profile highlight
- Message highlight
- Costs (in USD):
- 6 months for $107.76 ($17.96 per month)
- OurTime.com accepts Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover, PayPal, and checks by mail
- All memberships paid by credit card automatically renew until cancelled
OurTime also has a credit system which uses a currency called Tokens. Tokens can be purchased separately and then used for a number of premium features.
- Use Tokens for:
- See the section below for more detailed explanation of these communication tools. Cost of using the features below can vary from user to user
- Notify Me
- You will be informed when a member logs in
- Costs 20 Tokens
- Promote Me
- Put yourself at the top of search results
- Costs 20 Tokens
- Match Me
- Get placed into someone's daily matches
- Costs 20 Tokens
- Virtual Gifts
- Send a special image to a member
- Costs 10 to 75 Tokens
- Cost (USD)
- 25 for $0.99
- 110 for $3.99
- 280 for $9.99
- Use Tokens for:
OurTime Viewing & Communication Features
OurTime offers a number of tools which makes it easy to view and communicate with other members. These tools are available both from the OurTime.com website and the OurTime app.
Most of these features can be found when viewing the profile directly or within the search results.
- Allows you to view all public profile information about the member
- View any photos they have posted
- Direct way to send them a message, flirt or live chat (only if they are online as well)
- List any conversation starters that the person may have setup
- Can enable NotifyMe premium feature or send a Virtual Gift
- Can like and comment on any photo
- Within the Connections menu you can see a list of people who have flirted with you and that you have flirted with
- Anyone can send Flirts, just look for the heart shaped icon wherever profiles are displayed
- Flirts you receive will be labeled with "ECHO!" when someone you sent a Flirt to sends one back
- For some reason OurTime uses the term "Flirt" and "Interest" in different spots on their service. They both mean the same thing
- Anyone can favorite a profile but you must be an upgraded member to see who has favorited you
- Favorites you receive will be labeled with "ECHO!" when someone you favorited, favorited you back
- Send, receive, and reply to messages from other members
- Messages are labeled with "ECHO!" when someone you sent a message to replies for the first time
- Requires a paid subscription
- Listed on the main dashboard and on the bottom bar. It includes any of the latest communications (messages, flirts, etc...) you may have received and any views your profile has gotten
- Some notifications may be tagged as an Echo. This indicates that the member reciprocated a response you made to them
- You can also receive email alerts on notifications
- Lists of user actions. By you on other members, and by other members on your profile
- Find who has viewed your profile and what profiles you have viewed
- Find a list of your favorites and which members you have been favorited by
- See who you sent flirts too and who flirted with you
- Find who has liked your photos and which members photos you have liked
- Echo refers to someone reciprocating some sort of communication you sent to them
- This includes Favorites, Flirts, Messages, Photo Likes, and Photo Comments
- These echos can be viewed in the main notification panel and in the Connections menu
- Chat with other members who are online now
- Find people available to chat through search or by visiting the home dashboard
- Chat messages can be saved
- Requires a paid subscription
- Notify Me
- You will be informed when a specific member logs in to the website during the next 7 days
- OurTime will let the member know as well that you are interested
- Costs Tokens
- Promote Me
- Put yourself at the top of search results and attract more attention. Get a day's worth of activity in 60 minutes
- On average users can expect when they purchase Promote Me 50 times more views and 10 times more messages
- Costs Tokens
- Match Me
- Get placed into someone's daily matches to see if the interest is mutual before you make the first move
- Costs Tokens
- Virtual Gifts
- Send a gift to a member you like. Gifts are a great way of informing her or him that you would like to get to know them better
- Virtual gifts are images of different objects including flowers, jewelry, watch, golf clubs, etc...
- Costs a range of Tokens
- Live Events
- Events are activities held in local areas where you are invited to meet other members face-to-face
- You can find a list of upcoming events in your area under the Events menu. Clicking on the Events will bring up the details page which includes pricing information
- Due to the need to adhere to capacity constraints at each venue, you must RSVP to attend an event
- The cost associated with each event varies by event type
At any point in time you can block or report a member to OurTime by visiting the members profile, looking at one of their messages, or when chatting with them.
Searching and Matching
OurTime allows users to search for profiles they like and also generate matches based on a user's match preferences.
To search for members on OurTime, tap or click on the Search menu item in the app or on the website. From here you can modify search filters and perform searches. Your search will be returned in a image gallery format. Depending on the size of your device you are using to access OurTime, the search gallery will be from 1 to 4 columns wide. Each result in the search shows the main profile image of the person along with their name and location. If the person is online they will show a green dot by their name. You can also send a Flirt or a message from the search results. Taping or clicking on the image will bring you to the persons profile.
- Your initial search includes your predefined match preferences including gender, age range, and location
- Optional search filters that can be added include height, looking for, status, ethnicity, smoking, build, children, religion, and zodiac sign
- Any filter can be updated, expanded on, or removed
- Can do a separate keyword search which you can filter by age range, distance, and location
- Can do a separate "Online Now" search which you can filter by age range
- Refine and sort results by various filters including distance, last activity date, new members, and members online
You can access your Matches through the menu bar on the app or the top of the website. You have 2 options, "Today's Matches" and "I'm Interested". OurTime also has the matching game "Who Do You Like?" found on the main dashboard or homepage.
"Today's Matches" are daily matches which are presented to you using your match preferences and those preferences of other members. These matches refresh every 24 hours after you have reviewed the current ones and either said yes or no to the match.
- Today's Matches
- Every day, Our Time selects members it thinks you might connect with. View their profiles and click Yes or No to respond
- If you click Yes, OurTime will tell your match and you will be given the opportunity to send the member a message. If you are not a subscriber and decide not to upgrade, your message will be saved in the Drafts folder of your inbox
- If you click No, the other member will never know
"I'm Interested" is a more basic matching feature and uses just the age range you specified near your location.
- I'm Interested
- A single profile is presented and you must indicate whether or not you are interested in it
- Click Yes to send a Flirt, or No and you are immediately presented with a new profile
"Who Do You Like?" is more of a matching game based on your match preferences (like age range and location). If can only be found on the main dashboard of the service.
- Who Do You Like?
- Who Do You Like presents a pair of members photos Our Time thinks might interest you
- Choose between which member you like more by tapping or clicking on their photo and they will automatically be sent a Flirt. If you don't like either of the matches, click Skip to go to the next pair of photos
Other OurTime Information
Our Time is operated by People Media, a Match Group company. Match Group is a subsidiary of IAC/InterActiveCorp. If you give permission your photo may appear on Match Group extended network of dating services.
Related Posts & Pages
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our information at DatingSitesReviews.com we shall not be held responsible for any discrepancy. There is a possibility that the information provided here is outdated or wrong, please check with the service directly for the most recent information. As always you should read your terms of service before purchasing a product and/or signing up to any online service. DatingSitesReviews.com may receive a portion of revenue if you click a link in this page and buy a product or service.
DatingSitesReviews.com is a resource for online dating which includes reviews for related apps and sites. We provide this service for free and instead choose to generate the income for the business from advertising and affiliate programs. We may receive advertising compensation from the sites listed on this page if you click a link and buy a product or service.