Match UK Review (UK.Match.com)
Match.com UK offers an excellent dating service for singles in the United Kingdom, in fact more than 1.6 million people from the United Kingdom have met their significant other on Match. They are one of the top three dating sites in Britain and is a member of the Online Dating Association which ensure high standards of behaviour by dating service providers. Match.com UK offers singles the ability to easily find numerous potential matches in just a few clicks, as well as the ability to communicate in a safe and fun environment.
A great feature of Match.com is their focus on expanding and improving their dating service to create an easy, useful experience for members. One example is the “Testimonials” feature. You can ask Match.com UK members or anyone else who is online to give you a testimonial. These testimonials help give other Match.com members a fuller picture of who you are. These testimonials help verify that the information you provide in your profile is accurate.
Another idea Match.com has integrated into their service is “Match for Mobile”. It makes it super easy on the go to check for mail and search for matches anywhere you want with your mobile phone. Additionally, you get instant phone alerts when you receive new mail or a communication request. You can find the Match app for Android and iOS.
Trust and your saftey is an important part of the Match brand. All profiles are moderated and your personal data is encrypted. Match members can choose to view dating profiles in incognito mode which means you only appear for members you are interested in. You can also opt in for Zen Mode which means only profiles that match your specfic criteria will be able to contact you. To extend the concept of trust to include other Match members, in 2018 Match launched a new feature called the “Super Match Badge”. This allows women to award men who check off all parts of Match’s profile and behavior requirements (for more info on requirements see this story). The purpose of the badge is for women to immediately identify great candidates who they might want to meet. There are a number of different levels to the badge so if you find a guy with one of these that spark your interest, you know he is a keeper.
US and Canadian singles, please read our other Match review for our North American readers.
Positives of Match UK
- Match.com is one of the largest dating sites on the internet
- A well-designed site
- Profiles are easy to read and contain a lot of information to help you determine who you’d like to communicate with
- The sit provides a variety of ways to search for matches
- Match.com UK reveals whether or not a member is a paying member
- Singles events at locations around the UK which over 300,000 people have gone too
- Is a member of the Online Dating Association. This means they are required to have appropriate and effective arrangements in place for dealing with complaints and enquiries
Negatives of Match UK
- Cost is a little higher than other online dating services
Editors Bottom Line
What should you take away from this review of Match UK? Our expert explains:
"Match" is in the top 3 for dating services for the United Kingdom. Over 1.6 million people have met using their service in the UK making it one of the go to spots to meet singles online to date.
A list of up to the last 5 awards for the Current year and/or Past that Match UK has been the recipient of, in the Dating Sites Reviews Choice awards.
Note: See this page for a full list of past awards
At a Glance
- United Kingdom
- Member Numbers:
- Not Available
- Cost per Month:
- From £12.99 / month
- Membership Types:
- Free - Basic
Average User Reviews & Ratings
Match UK Free Membership
- Yes (free trial lasts seven days)
- Create a profile - the following information is required for the profile
- General – user info, gender, birthday, location; sex and age of the person you are seeking
- Basics - relationship status, who are you looking for, search radius from your postal code, your height and body type, your astrological sign
- Appearance - eye and hair color, body art, best feature (legs, butt, etc.)
- Interests - optional essay questions on what you do for fun, favorite type of date, etc. Multiple-check questions for what sports you enjoy and what common interests would you like to share with potential matches
- Lifestyle - how often you exercise, smoke and drink; what is your daily diet, job type and annual income; do you live alone, have kids or want children; favorite pets
- Background / values – ethnicities, faith, education, languages and politics
- Express yourself - Where is your home town; tell about your brothers and sisters; sleeping habits and musical tastes; favorite color
- My match
- About my Date - Describe your ideal date. Includes mostly multiple choice questions which range from asking about physical appearance to what interests they have. You can also rate the importance of the question and specify if photos are required. There are also questions about your Turn Ons and Turn Offs.
- In My Own Words
- About my date - describe your ideal date; includes mostly multiple choice questions that range from asking about physical appearance to what interests they have. You can also rate the importance of the question and specify if photos are required. There are also questions about your turn-ons and turn-offs
- Photos - ideal pixel dimensions must be at least 300 x 400 pixels
- Viewing of profiles
- Sending winks
- Match My Friends
- Create a profile - the following information is required for the profile
- Not included:
- Communicating with members, including email and instant messaging
- MSN alerts
- See who has viewed your profile
- Match for mobile
- Connections - allows you to keep tabs on whose turn it is to contact whom. It shows you who made the last move when viewing a single profile or multiple profiles in a search
- Your profile will be reviewed by a member of Match.com UK customer service team within 48 hours. Once approved, other members will be able to find you!
Relationship Types Allowed
Your Relationship Status
Relationships You can Find
Match UK Costs
- Prices last confirmed April 21, 2016. Please check Match UK for most recent pricing. All prices in USD unless specified otherwise. Prices may differ based on location, time of purchase, or device used
- Membership includes:
- Send and reply to emails
- Use Instant messenger
- View their personal photo albums
- Enjoy priority access to customer support/li>
- Costs for a membership:
- 1 month package for £29.99 per month
- 3 months package for £19.99 per month. Billed in one payment of £59.97
- 6 months for £12.99 per month. Billed in one payment of £77.94
- Membership with CONNECT upgrade includes:
- All benefits of the regular membership
- Let other members contact you for free
- Be among the first profiles we show new members
- Your profile prioritized on the photo wall
- Display the CONNECT badge on your profile
- Cost for upgrade:
- An extra £9.90 per month overtop the existing membership prices
- Membership with SELECT upgrade includes:
- Request message read notification
- Access the site from your mobile phone
- Take control with the unavailable mode
- Choose who can see that you're online
- Activate your absence manager
- Cost for upgrade:
- An extra £6.90 per month overtop the existing membership prices
- The CONNECT and SELECT membership upgrades can be combined for the cost of £14.90 per month
- Purchasing a 6 month package saves you over 50% when compared to the one month package
Match UK Viewing & Communication Features
- Email Read Notification (you are notified when someone reads the mail you sent them)
- Instant messaging
Search For Members By
- Search profiles for keywords that members feel define them as a person. These keywords are auto-generated and created by the member. For example, “family” or “scuba diving”. Normal keyword searching is not predefined
- Advanced search
- Gender, age and location
- Who is online and photos only
- Relationship status
- Body type and appearance
- Smoking and drinking
- Lifestyle and employment
- Family and living situation
- Mutual matches
- Lists members with whom you share a mutual attraction, essentially allowing you to find members who will also like you based on profile matching preferences
- Reverse Matches
- Find out who is looking for you but you are not necessary looking for them
- You are allowed to save any search with a name so it is easy to retrieve later
- Keyword searching - allows searching of most essay-type profile questions
- Username searching
- Who has viewed me
- Search results are displayed either in a gallery view or a more detailed view
- Sort all searches by:
- Match to you
- Activity date
- Newest first
Other Match UK Information
- Match.com UK recently made deals with The Sun and News of the World to offer a dating service for their readers. See story: Interesting Points from Match.com Interview
Related Posts & Pages
- Match.com Information, Statistic...
- Match.com Responds To FTC Lawsui...
- FTC Sues Match Group For Fraud
- The Origin Story Of Match.com Is...
- New Study Finds Dating Apps Have...
- Match Releases Ninth Annual 'Sin...
- Match Review (match.com)
- Match Introduces AskMatch, a One...
- Tinder Dethrones Netflix As Top-...
- Match.com Awards
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our information at DatingSitesReviews.com we shall not be held responsible for any discrepancy. There is a possibility that the information provided here is outdated or wrong, please check with the service directly for the most recent information. As always you should read your terms of service before purchasing a product and/or signing up to any online service. DatingSitesReviews.com may receive a portion of revenue if you click a link in this page and buy a product or service.
DatingSitesReviews.com is a resource for online dating which includes reviews for related apps and sites. We provide this service for free and instead choose to generate the income for the business from advertising and affiliate programs. We may receive advertising compensation from the sites listed on this page if you click a link and buy a product or service.