Great Expectations Review (GE-Dating.com)
Great Expectations has closed. If you were interested in this type of dating service you may want to check out our Matchmaking services category to find other similar sites.
Below, we have left our original Great Expectations review for your continued reading. This review received its last major update during the month of March 2014.
With 30 years of matchmaking experience, Great Expectations has a distinct advantage over others in the dating industry. There are more than 50 Great Expectations centers across the United States and more than 100,000 members nationwide.
Unlike other online dating services, as a member of Great Expectations you will have access to a team of relationship professionals. One of the first things they do is contact you by phone to go over profile details—a very hands-on approach. All members are screened via telephone calls by Great Expectations Relationship Specialists to ensure members are educated, intelligent and financially capable people who are serious about meeting and dating quality singles. Once a member, you will receive invitations to Great Expectations parties and exclusive events. The people you will meet are single and live in your area. Plus, Great Expectations state of the art matchmaking system will help put you in your desired relationship quickly.
Positives of Great Expectations
- Definitely more of a personal touch. You will receive a phone call from a live person that will conduct a short interview and set up a time to meet with them and get a professional photo done (as well as video, if you would like)
- More like traditional dating services where events are setup to meet people in your city. You actually talk and meet with real people from Great Expectations, telling them about you and what type of person you are looking for. A much more hands on approach than the internet dating only services
- Over 50 locations in the U.S. and with 30 years of experience this dating service is probably one of the oldest on the internet
Negatives of Great Expectations
- Only available for singles in the United States
- Involves a solid time commitment if you wish to see results
At a Glance
Average User Reviews & Ratings
How it Works
- Create a profile
- Basic characteristics
- First name, last name, age, location, annual income, home phone, cell phone, email address, best time of day to be contacted
- About the person you are seeking
- Age, education level, appearance, interest, religion
- List important traits you would like to find in a partner (honest, intelligent, romantic, etc.)
- More about you
- Education level, occupation, typical work week hours, social situations, children
- What are some problems you have had in previous romantic partners?
- When was your last fun date?
- About the relationship you are seeking
- Which is your perfect/fun date?
- What I'd like to know about someone before going out on a first date
- Would you date someone with children?
- Anything else you want to tell us about yourself and the type of relationship you desire?
- Basic characteristics
- Once a membership is filled out, a Great Expectations relationship specialist will be contacting you shortly to discuss your dating options
- All members are screened by a relationship specialist for authenticity
- Your photo
- Once your matchmaking profile is complete, you'll schedule an appointment with one of their professional photographers
- Dating video
- Create a short video so other members can get a feel for you
- View videotapes of what your potential date looks and sounds like
- Great Expectations will send a postcard to anyone you would like to meet, letting them know that someone special is waiting. You'll get these same postcards from people wanting to meet you. After you've reviewed their profile, photos and video, you can agree to meet or decline
- United States
Relationship Types Allowed
Your Relationship Status
Relationships You can Find
Great Expectations Costs
- A typical member in the United States will pay $1,000 or more
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Toll Free Customer Care:
- 1-866-697-3283 (Not valid anymore)
Other Great Expectations Information
- No full names or addresses, or other confidential information are ever shared without your consent. You will never hear from a Great Expectations single that you do not specifically agree to meet
- Great Expectations has been featured on popular TV shows like Oprah, Sally Jesse Raphael and 48 Hours and has been applauded in leading publications including Newsweek, Wall Street Journal, Glamour and Fortune Magazine
Related Posts & Pages
- No related items found.
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our information at DatingSitesReviews.com we shall not be held responsible for any discrepancy. There is a possibility that the information provided here is outdated or wrong, please check with the service directly for the most recent information. As always you should read your terms of service before purchasing a product and/or signing up to any online service. DatingSitesReviews.com may receive a portion of revenue if you click a link in this page and buy a product or service.
DatingSitesReviews.com is a resource for online dating which includes reviews for related apps and sites. We provide this service for free and instead choose to generate the income for the business from advertising and affiliate programs. We may receive advertising compensation from the sites listed on this page if you click a link and buy a product or service.