Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Is Badoo a good dating site?

Rose379

Anonymous
Seriously irritating app tbh. You can set proximity preferences to filter the people who appear on the swiping screen but it doesn't stop people from fecking miles away liking you... I was getting 80-100 likes per day and 90% of them were the other side of the country! Filtering through all the like notifications takes forever and is just waay more admin than anyone can deal with...

Prince

Anonymous
Used badoo many years and got only two matches. Travelled most parts of the world to favorite thousand people but not able to send any message to anyone... Super antisocial = Badoo = bad do communication...

Me

Anonymous
happy
it is a great site, the best one I tried and its free, all the rest required payment to do most things such as speak to people. after joining and talking to a free, I thought this is difficult as I was getting nowhere with any and conversations were short and boring and none of those women wanted the same as me, but then I spot a lovely looking smiley Asian girl who wanted the same as I did, long term relationship and marriage. I started a conversation that led to 10 day video chat and I decided to travel the 300 miles to meet her, and we got on very well, I proposed two months later, we are engaged to get married and are planning our wedding. So there you go.

Lea

Forum User
Badoo discriminates LGBT! They’ll find excuses to block your acount if you belong to LGBT.Most of my friends from LGBT have been blocked for petty excuses of their moderator.Not a very friendly site and the moderator is not nice.

Catydidd

Anonymous
stressed
I have used Badoo a few times and never actually went on a date. Needless to say we are not in an era where "dating" actually occurs. I have had "hey gorgeous" pop up on my phone constantly and have expected nice, neat conversation. Except I get "can I get a pic of you with less clothes on". We are in a "hookup" generation where it is nearly impossible to find someone who actually will go to the movies, or to dinner, or for a coffee and not have them expecting sex or a blowjob afterward. I can't even get a coffee meet because it's instant "wanna blow me?". Not to mention, as a woman, I get plenty of offers to be a "sugar baby" which is pretty much the exchange of sex for money (which is basically prostitution). I'm an old school gal who doesn't want to be part of the generation who does the "let's go for a late night drive after talking for a day". I have no trust that I won't become an episode of 20/20 or a 48 hour mystery. I'm currently dealing with a guy who lives in the same town as me. At first it was great. He seemed chill and accepting. Then he asked to hang out after work. I work a lot and don't have a ton of time to myself and I tried to explain this, but he ended up flying off the handle calling me a worthless *censored*. Now, I understand it's just one person but he threatened to come to my work place (DON'T EVER TELL SOMEONE WHERE YOU WORK UNTIL YOU'VE BECOME SECURE ENOUGH TO REALIZE THEY AREN'T CRAZY). So, always be cautious about what you say to someone or what info you give out, even if they seem chill at first. So, as far as a "dating" app, it is up with the times because of this "hookup" culture we are currently in. It's fine if you want to meet people and if you're into meeting them ASAP. But I'm cautious and this is my tale.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:25 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content