Online Dating & Relationships Forums

BE2 scam. received an email from a solicitor representing b2

Net....

Anonymous
Does anyone have an email address to Be2, where they actually answer?

ed

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

Hello,
I too have been scamed by this so called company.
I did imediately understand it was a scam, and tried to end it after only 20 minutes membership.
Due to the law thas says that you ate allowed to cancel within 14 days, when buying anything on internet. Of course I couldn't reach the button to cancel.... no access! So I instead wrote them a letter that I sent.... of course they never responded, so I have no proof of the cancelation.
I thereafter changed my credit card, by then they alkready had stolen money twice from ny account.
They now couldn't withdraw anymore and the threathening meils started coming, I choose to ignore since I found this site.
But I have now recieved a letter from a debt collector here in sweden, and this company is in fact a legimit company, that has its office all over europe.
I now only have 3 days to pay or IT Will be sent to court. I really don't want to pay for this Scam, but IT seems like they are really taking it to court.
Don,t know what to do, has anyone been to court in this matter?

just ignore and delete your email address then no more problem..they are extremely unlikely to go to court as they dont have your address ..its all a bluff to con you

ed

Anonymous
they will need to get a default notice from court and this would cost more than you owe ..nobody as ever been taken to court by the scammers in question .its all brinkmanship bluff..they have such a bad global reputation they would be laughed out of court for taking the piss

ed

Anonymous
Criticism

Blogs, review sites and online forums repeatedly report complaints about the company. The investigator in TheHookupGuy and MeetWomenOnline concluded: "We were more than disappointed in this scam dating website. A better word for it would be mortified!".[9] A blog was created for the exclusive purpose of such complaints, [antibe2scam.blogspot.co.uk/|Anti Be2 Scam]. Sitejabber published 41 reviews (as of 12 May 2015), mostly scathing, detailing aggressively misleading marketing practices, hidden charges, unwanted subscription into recurring expensive payment, charges applied to dormant accounts, obstructions to termination of contract and profile, and so forth. Other sites, such as DatingScams.co.uk and ScamBook, report similar findings.

In particular, The pricing of Premium Memberships are regular causes for complaint.[10] The membership is, in fact, a subscription, which is automatically renewed, unless the membership is cancelled in due time. However, complaints were received where premium account-cancellation was, in fact, impossible.[11]

Although the online address makes the company appear to be registered in the UK (be2.co.uk), it is actually based in Luxembourg. Its practices are considered illegal by the Danish Consumer Council.

The journalist Troels Jørgensen from TV station DR has rated BE2's matching system as flawed. Wildly different profiles were matched to exactly the same potential partners in a test performed for consumer rights programme Kontant. Also, membership is extended without consent which is illegal according to The Danish Consumer Council. [12] This is also illegal in Sweden according to The Swedish Consumer Council.[13] All the questions raised by the Danish journalist in the programme have since been addressed by the company. be2 made several changes to its service in Denmark in response to the programme.[citation n

ed

Anonymous
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4243273

Happy to help.

I did have one concern: That maybe your bank or credit card company would keep allowing them to take payment, as it used to be that only the company could stop such payments, and obviously these scum won't cancel. However, I now read that in spite of some conflicting advice, YOU can order your bank to stop paying.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/feb/24/continuous-payments-authority-know-your-rights

It seems you've done that by account closure. It's possibly worth a quick call to that bank's customer service line to check that they understand that any such debit attempt will be fraudulent.
You need for payments to fail, and I figure they must be failing or else BE2 wouldn't be pestering you for unpaid amounts.

I've read a few threads where BE will start a 'pretend' debt collection process consisting of letters from dodgy solicitors and debt collectors. (Maybe Luxemburg or Ireland based).
No doubt such letters would be very scary. If you get such letters copy them here, but DO NOT WORRY. This is just like the car parking scam (Search forum for Roxburghe) They huff and puff in a last ditch attempt to get you to pay a ransom, then when push comes to shove they just move on to their next easy victim.
DO NOT reply to any such official looking letters in any way. DO NOT WORRY about them either.

Regardless of anything they tell you, their only redress is to sue you in the small claims court in the UK. They won't do that because they know they would lose and that would cost them money.

It's all one big 'try on'
Read the accepted answer on this page... You don't need a solicitor as one respondent says.

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-law/5mid2-joined-internet-dating-website-called-be2-dating-paid.html

It's the business model of this scummy outfit. Try to get £150 of ongoing payment, often succeed in getting and keeping that money without a fight. If member blocks payment, then bluster about debt collection so maybe a few more members roll over and cough up, then send a shady 'solicitors letter' to squeeze out a few last chances at getting payment. Then just skulk back under their rock to wait for their next victim.

It's NOT in their business model to actually take cases to the small claims court, where they know they'll get a rollicking from the magistrate and will have no chance of covering their costs..

JJ

Sickofscammers

Anonymous
I received emails before followed by a solicitors letter go my house for an app I barely used.. They told me it was in behalf of be 2 and I was so worried that someone might turn up at my house especially after the letter and having to cover it up with family.

So I foolishly paid it but that was October and here we are in march and I have just today seen a email from a collections company in my spam folder looking for money and threatening baliffs on me.

I had canceled my account after last time. I just don't know what to do. Worried about going home to find another letter and trying to explain to family why I'm getting solicitors letters from Germany.

I NEED HELP. IM DESPERATE

Lisa

Anonymous
stressed
I really wish i had read all of this b4 i joined that be2 scam. It wasnt until i was scrolling thru all the 'picture perfect' men that i noticed there was a paul, glenn and mike who all had exactly the same photo! Then i looked at my account ... then things went downhill frm there ... Like others i cant delete my dating site membrship - theyve taken $300 out of my bank account - i cancelled my credit card today. Surely some1 can shut this website down? Ill b emailing them also but dont like my chances of getting my money back..... honestly - id prefer to b single - this is really off putting!

I really hope others read this BEFORE they join!

Thanks for sharing ur stories guys its good to know im not alone - no pun intended 😉.

ed

Anonymous

I received emails before followed by a solicitors letter go my house for an app I barely used.. They told me it was in behalf of be 2 and I was so worried that someone might turn up at my house especially after the letter and having to cover it up with family.

So I foolishly paid it but that was October and here we are in march and I have just today seen a email from a collections company in my spam folder looking for money and threatening baliffs on me.

I had canceled my account after last time. I just don't know what to do. Worried about going home to find another letter and trying to explain to family why I'm getting solicitors letters from Germany.

I NEED HELP. IM DESPERATE

thats dumb to pay..once again can you read this ..

they have to go to court to get a default notice before sending bailiffs and never gave done before

they see you as an easy touch so using you again ..so just tell em to piss off

Dyna

Anonymous

Hi there
Is there anyone that has been given final warnings i.e. I've got until the 12th Feb to pay up otherwise they'll start proceedings. I've already had 8 emials since last Aug with gradually more serious consequences to no payment, this is the last:

Our client is complaining about the outstanding payment, and is demanding that we now obtain an order to pay and enforcement order against you and institute compulsory execution.

You had ample opportunity to settle the matter out of court, to settle the claim in monthly instalments or to discuss a partial reduction of the claim with us. You have allowed all these opportunities to pass to no avail. We shall now have to comply with our client's urgent demand to enforce the claim in court

On behalf of and with power of attorney from our client we set you herewith a preclusive time limit of up to and including

to settle the claim in the amount of 230,47 EUR

You must contact us urgently and settle the claim at least in instalments, as the further
solicitors' fees, court and bailiff costs you will now incur will clearly exceed the amount of asserted.

Yours sincerely,

Solicitors
Litigation Department

Does anyone have any advise, i.e. did they ignore these final warnings and has anything happened. I'm obviously convinced that the site is a scam, but is their ability to get the money still valid, as afterall i did sign their terms and conditions??

I'm running out of time, can anyone help? I really don't want to go to a solicitor as this would prob cost me more money than the fine...

Angry

What happened NexT ?

Lisa

Anonymous
angry
Can anyone tell me how to contact Be2? I can't seem to find any contact details anywhere for them except a fax # in the t's and c's.
I have just had a NZ $299 payment taken from my account. I asked my bank to cancel the payment but they said it may still go through as it was pending in the system. I cancelled the debit card but the payment still went through. I have never been able to contact anyone through this site and thus have never used it and have now paid a freaking membership I don't want! I'll be ringing my bank back but still need to contact Be2 to try and cancel!

All times are EST. The time is now 02:12 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content